Hacking [Tool] Joy-Con Toolkit

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried the beta version with my Pro Controller and it just gives a error saying "failed to write colours to the device" when I try to write the new colours.

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, even though it showed that, the colors got written?

It didn't write the colours at all. I did try connecting it to the Switch just incase the error was wrong and it worked but no luck.

I did note one thing from your screenshot that I don't think matters but my firmware version says 3.48 for the controller and yours says 3.86 but when connected to the Switch I tried forcing a controller update and it said it was already up to date. like it doesn't know about the new version. My Switch is on FW 5

Reactions: CTCaer

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It didn't write the colours at all. I did try connecting it to the Switch just incase the error was wrong and it worked but no luck.

I did note one thing from your screenshot that I don't think matters but my firmware version says 3.48 for the controller and yours says 3.86 but when connected to the Switch I tried forcing a controller update and it said it was already up to date. like it doesn't know about the new version. My Switch is on FW 5
It's because I use my Joy-Con for testing Pro controller functions. The new firmware version for Pro controller is not out yet. So it's not a problem.

Hmm that's strange :/
I will upload a new beta when I fix some things.
Thanks for testing.

Hario337

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone care to beta test the grips?

You need to test
  • #323232 #FFFFFF #FFFFFF #FFFFFF
  • #313232 #FFFFFF #FFFFFF #FFFFFF
  • #323132 #FFFFFF #FFFFFF #FFFFFF
  • #RANDOM #RANDOM #RANDOM #RANDOM
It must show the colors correctly in Joy-Con Toolkit and Switch update 5.0.0.

Also please test Button test option, because for some unknown reason, it crashes on my side with the new update I did to Visual Studio (2017) 15.6.4.

B0fam49.png
Everything showed up as it should have and wrote correctly, but the button test did crash the software.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Everything showed up as it should have and wrote correctly, but the button test did crash the software.
i think I know why that happens. It's a possible heap corruption because the IR function allocation is just too big.
Thanks for testing.

@shadowofdarkness
You use an official Pro controller, correct?
Care to tell some details? Windows version and if other functions are working?

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i think I know why that happens. It's a possible heap corruption because the IR function allocation is just too big.
Thanks for testing.

@shadowofdarkness
You use an official Pro controller, correct?
Care to tell some details? Windows version and if other functions are working?

Yes I have a official Pro controller
I'm using a Windows 7 64bit VM with a Ubuntu 18.04 64bit beta host
The previous 3.02 version worked great
This new one so far what I have tested that failed are the colour changes and button test.
The HD Rumble easter egg still works. When opening the program it does read the previously altered colours from the old version.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yes I have a official Pro controller
I'm using a Windows 7 64bit VM with a Ubuntu 18.04 64bit beta host
The previous 3.02 version worked great
This new one so far what I have tested that failed are the colour changes and button test.
The HD Rumble easter egg still works. When opening the program it does read the previously altered colours from the old version.

Hmm maybe it's because of the same reason that this happens. I'll check it.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
@shadowofdarkness
Good to hear it!
I will still double check all arrays before release.

@Rinabow
Hey. There's a possibility that you have these problems because of some bugs of writing outside of arrays.
When these happen there's cases where the app works and doesn't. And because some of these originated with 3.0.1/3.0.2, the new version may fix your problem.
If you want to check right away, you can try the jctool5.0.0b42 I uploaded in a previous comment

Hario337

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@shadowofdarkness @Hario337
Please check this version.
I corrected many problems with arrays (that sometimes caused crashes).
worked fine, though I tried something and if you have the main colours like a stock pro controller (say, #313232 #FFFFFF for splatoon) but the grips as a different colour, the tool will show the different grips and the switch will show the stock grips
Just thought I'd tell you so the tool shows it right

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
worked fine, though I tried something and if you have the main colours like a stock pro controller (say, #313232 #FFFFFF for splatoon) but the grips as a different colour, the tool will show the different grips and the switch will show the stock grips
Just thought I'd tell you so the tool shows it right
Ah really?
So when body matches (normal, xeno, splatoon), it only checks if only the buttons are white? Good to know! I will correct it.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Did you disable the IR camera on that version? I got excited then sad :P
Don't worry, I was waiting to fully support the new grips thing.
IR is ready more than a week now. I'm finalizing some editor thing and if I'll have partial NFC support.
So, If my time allows it I'll release today. Otherwise tomorrow.

Reactions: Ep8Script

Ep8Script

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Don't worry, I was waiting to fully support the new grips thing.
IR is ready more than a week now. I'm finalizing some editor thing and if I'll have partial NFC support.
So, If my time allows it I'll release today. Otherwise tomorrow.
All good! You've done a great job so far, keep it up

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I've just committed the major changes for IR/NFC/Grip Colors/Edit Calibration to my Github repo.
Whoever knows how to compile stuff can already play with it.

I'm making sure that I don't have any major bugs for now. I'll follow up with a binary release as soon as possible.

Ep8Script

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've just committed the major changes for IR/NFC/Grip Colors/Edit Calibration to my Github repo.
Whoever knows how to compile stuff can already play with it.

I'm making sure that I don't have any major bugs for now. I'll follow up with a binary release as soon as possible.
Awesome! I'm unable to compile it right now so a proper binary release would be super cool, but either way you've done a good job.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol