Hacking [Tool] Joy-Con Toolkit

Ep8Script

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Dude, thank you so much. This program is awesome and I'm so glad you achieved this goal and worked out how it worked!

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
:rofl:
Epilepsy!

Btw, the milliseconds in the documentation were approximately measured through my smartphone's camera. 120fps video. It did me a great favor.

Try my command also
What’s the code to turn home LED on indefinitely with this program or is it an option in the latest release

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
What’s the code to turn home LED on indefinitely with this program or is it an option in the latest release
You need to send it as a command via the debug menu. If you get it turned on, you can re-pair it with the Switch and it'll stay on until you put the console in sleep mode.

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You need to send it as a command via the debug menu. If you get it turned on, you can re-pair it with the Switch and it'll stay on until you put the console in sleep mode.
I have it blinking, that’s unfortunate I would love it on every time I wake it up on the switch

Edit: there we go
vpmPwyk.jpg

Last edited by Naked_Snake,

MisterAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
misteralex.net
XP
Country
United States
Color me paranoid, but surely the system could be updated to respond negatively in some way (use your imagination) if you're using values that don't match any of the officially released ones, right? I mean, this is Nintendo we're talking about.

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Color me paranoid, but surely the system could be updated to respond negatively in some way (use your imagination) if you're using values that don't match any of the officially released ones, right? I mean, this is Nintendo we're talking about.
That would mean third party controllers wouldn’t work if they did that

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same one that keeps trying to fix all the problems with the 3ds for years?

MisterAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
misteralex.net
XP
Country
United States
That would mean third party controllers wouldn’t work if they did that
I admit I'm not really sure what info you're going by to draw that conclusion. How exactly do third party controllers identify themselves to the Switch? The one I have, an 8Bitdo SNES pad, appears to the system as a Switch Pro Controller.

The same one that keeps trying to fix all the problems with the 3ds for years?
That's a straw man argument. The kind of update I'm describing should be child's play to implement.

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I admit I'm not really sure what info you're going by to draw that conclusion. How exactly do third party controllers identify themselves to the Switch? The one I have, an 8Bitdo SNES pad, appears to the system as a Switch Pro Controller.

That's a straw man argument. The kind of update I'm describing should be child's play to implement.
But it would be a pain for nintendo, because if they limit the colors in the firmware, then they would need to make a new update for each new joy con color they make

MisterAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
misteralex.net
XP
Country
United States
But it would be a pain for nintendo, because if they limit the colors in the firmware, then they would need to make a new update for each new joy con color they make
They're already generating that every time. It would be a simple matter to automatically add new values to a whitelist and require that you update the Switch any time it sees a color scheme not found on said list—effectively rendering any custom color sets useless.

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're already generating that every time. It would be a simple matter to automatically add new values to a whitelist and require that you update the Switch any time it sees a color scheme not found on said list—effectively rendering any custom color sets useless.
That's the problem, they would have to keep pushing out updates for each new joy con they make. What about the people who don't update? What happens if they put one of the new colored joy cons in their switch?

MisterAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
misteralex.net
XP
Country
United States
That's the problem, they would have to keep pushing out updates for each new joy con they make. What about the people who don't update? What happens if they put one of the new colored joy cons in their switch?
I'm guessing the same thing that happens if you want to use the updated DualShock 4 controllers or Move controllers with a PS4 that's still running the original system version. {shrug}

pegasus21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It won't detect my left joycon. At all.

Here's how everything goes:

The right joycon pairs fine, and the bar that shows pairing progress in Windows goes all the way to the end before saying it's connected. I then open Joycon Toolkit and it detects it fine. Everything goes smoothly.

Then I connect the left joycon, and the bar that shows pairing progress just stays at the very beginning for like 2 seconds before saying it's connected. I then open Joycon Toolkit and it doesn't detect it.

I've been trying to change my left joycon's colours for like, half an hour now. What is this fucking bullshit.

I have a similar situation but it's the opposite joycon. On my main computer running Windows 7 and using a USB BT adaptor, left side pairs fine and I can use the tool. For the right side, you can get Windows to try pairing without any code but then it says that the device isn't working correctly.

Tried it on my laptop with built-in BT and with Windows 10. The right side works.

Hario337

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I think the 3rd party controllers dont have chips in them to write a colour to, and so the switch would probably read the colour as NULL, in theory this would not be on the colour list therefore making it not work, whereas right now that just sets it to standard colours

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ffs I'm going to regret asking but

...could someone work on an app that communicates the info between joycon and the pc if you have say your android phone/ tablet pluged into the pc and the joycons connected to the android phone/tablet, I have been reading around and it sounds like the only way it would be possible since you can't use a phone/tablet as a Bluetooth dongle

why I'm asking here:
1. I don't want to make a new thread for a dumb little question
2. I'm looking to get to people familiar with the joycons and there communication

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What's the point of that?
You can only capture the normal HID communication, which can already be done pretty easily and it's useless.
On PC, either you use USBCap on your USB BT adapter or make an up with infinite loop on hid_read and write the packets to a logfile.
Instead of USBCap, there are bt sniffers for Android or you can use hidapi.

The only useful sniffing is between Switch and the controller. For this you need ubertooth and then you need to decrypt the BT LE packets.
But it's easier to find a USB sniffer and put it between the dock and a Pro controller.

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What's the point of that?
You can only capture the normal HID communication, which can already be done pretty easily and it's useless.
On PC, either you use USBCap on your USB BT adapter or make an up with infinite loop on hid_read and write the packets to a logfile.
Instead of USBCap, there are bt sniffers for Android or you can use hidapi.

The only useful sniffing is between Switch and the controller. For this you need ubertooth and then you need to decrypt the BT LE packets.
But it's easier to find a USB sniffer and put it between the dock and a Pro controller.
I found the Easter egg by the way, fucking glorious Hahahaha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo