Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE - Translation Toolkit

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Sn0wCrack, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Sn0wCrack
    OP

Sn0wCrack GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2016
    Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Reincarnation Translation Toolkit

We over at the Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Reincarnation Patch Team have heard many people ask for tools and such to help translate Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (using our patch as a base) into different langauges, so we're providing text translation tools for anyone who is interested in starting a translation project, as well as any support for technical information on the game.

About:
    This will allow you to create a translation project, using the edited Reincarnation script as a base, as well as make a patch that will integrate into our patcher for the game (further instructions included in the download below)

Download:

http://pastebin.com/Eey40rvt

Discord: https://discord.gg/eR428vF - If you're joining for any technical help with your translation project, then come into the #translations channel and we can assist you with any technical questions you might have.

FAQ:

Q: What can be edited with this?
    A: Text only for the time being, if any images are required, we'll look into it, as the process is very hard for image editing on Wii U currently.
    However, 99% of the games text will be editable this way, with only the menu options being images.

Q: I want to translate the game into X langauge, is it possible?
    A: Currently TMS #FE only supports some Latin based langauges, such as Enlgish, French, Spanish and German. As such, Cryllic, Korean and other langauges are a no go currently. However Chinese can be accomplished using the Japanese version as a base.
    You can see a full list of all characters supported by the game here: http://i.imgur.com/vGW7MPO.png
    If the Wii U font format is cracked, we might be able to add more in as a catch all.

Q: I broke something text related and don't know what to do!
    A: You can restore the file from the included Archive, or if you don't want to lose work, just compare the file to the original and restore it by hand.

Pachee, Quartoxuma and IcySon55 like this.
  2. Fjar

Fjar GBAtemp Regular

Nov 22, 2015
    Venezuela
    Thank you very much: i will try to start to translate this game to Spanish :D

3. kavid

kavid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    how to extract wiiu fe's bffnt?
    where to find any tools?

4. biggan1

biggan1 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2016
    Im just about to start this interesting game!

Its japaneese voiceover with english text.

Why change that?

Dunno how Good or bad this game is but im excited!

Last edited by biggan1, May 16, 2017
  5. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Bullet Hell
    So... this isn't a project to translate the uncensored Japanese version?