ToG:F Undub the japanese version

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Shinintendo, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Shinintendo
    OP

Shinintendo GBAtemp Fan

Sep 10, 2009
    Iceland
    Hi.
    If anyone wish to help with this project he/she's more than welcome.
    We gonna use the japanese as base source and repack the game using the US release translation.

Join mirc to chat about it:
    Server: undernet EU random
    Channel: #TOGF

Hope to see make this releasefully with english text, the way it meant to be ;)

2. fesonic

fesonic Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2008
    United States
    if your going to do that just play the japanese version they way it was ment to be. i dont know why you guys would want them to bring the games over to the us if you dont want to whole deal. its like asking for a car but with out the steering wheel and stick. sorry i just need to get this off my chest since i think this is a backstep for alot of games not coming to the states cause of this stuff. and we've missed so many great games :(

1 person likes this.
  3. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    I pray this and any similar project fails.

Sorry, but ToGF is one of the few games that deserves a purchase. Being a pirate myself I can still easily say, filthy little pirates need to keep their god damn hands off this game.

6 people like this.
  4. Just Another Gamer

Just Another Gamer 星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy

Feb 29, 2012
    Watching Hibarigasaki's starry sky
    As much as I agree that the game is fantastic (this is just based on me trying the Japanese game my friend bought though, not sure about the USA one but I assume it'll sound better with only the BGM) I'm still gonna wish you guys good luck with the undubbing.

5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I thought the English text was included in the eboot and encrypted with 4.x keys.

If you could just replace files from US to JP, then it would have already been done.
    But if you can, good luck, and it will probably allow decrypting and signing all 4.x games.

6. Zekrom_cool

Zekrom_cool I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu

Apr 17, 2011
    India
    Heaven [N's Castle]
    Good luck with the job. Just that a little elements that would signify your touch would be an awesome addition to it.

7. guysensei

guysensei Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2009
    Hey Shinintendo. Any luck? Let me know if you need any help with this project.

8. smile72

smile72 NewsBot

Sep 23, 2010
    ???
    I support this project, lack of Japanese voices was one of the reasons I refused to buy this game, if Namco wants to cheap out, then I will not purchase the product.

9. Paarish

Paarish Connor's Nublet

Aug 26, 2009
    Married to DinohScene
    People like you may cause us not getting ToX and any future tales.

And it's got nothing to do with cheaping out. It's a fact that vast maJority of western audiences don't understand Japanese.

10. Just Another Gamer

Just Another Gamer 星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy

Feb 29, 2012
    Watching Hibarigasaki's starry sky
    I'm kinda wondering how is this project is going as well. I don't see there is alot of undub hate I mean some people can understand Japanese but can't read all of it and some people just like the horrible Japanese voice acting instead of the horrible english voice acting.

11. smile72

smile72 NewsBot

Sep 23, 2010
    ???
    I don't care, I still won't purchase Tales of Xillia without a Japanese audio option.I'm the same with NISA, if the product only has English voices, I won't purchase it for the PS3.

12. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Don't argue with weeaboos. Their opinions are hilarious and moronic.
    You'd have better luck yelling at a mirror to stop copying you.

2 people like this.
  13. smile72

smile72 NewsBot

Sep 23, 2010
    ???
    It's not that, it feels odd playing Japanese games with english voices, as it feels weird playing British/American games with Japanese voices. I dislike it. I like subs not dubs. Thus I only if it includes original audio hence why I haven't bought Tales of Graces F, it's Namco's choice whether too include Japanese along with English. And it's my choice whether I want to purchase a product, and I chose not to purchase that product (ToGF) due to Namco choosing not to include Japanese voices.

14. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Dec 26, 2008
    Steam City
    I prefer the Japanese dub with subs if it's available, if it isn't I'll just go with the english one, besides, the Tales of games usually have really good dubbing, I mean, just look at Vesperia... I loved that dub.

15. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    A vast majority of European didn't understand english either, and publishers released a LOT of games on Snes and PS1 era in english only.
    Not dubbing or even not translating never prevented them from releasing a game in a different country.

They are using this excuse now, they tend to always want to translate. It's a good thing and cover a lot more audience, but it takes ages and a lot of money for the developer.

Removing a language because the majority is not understanding it is not true.
    They can make games dual audio now, they have a lot of spaces.

I think it's more a legal problem (licensing terms in all countries? Look at Xenogears, they had to sensor things to release in english, they couldn't keep the original version). Officially supporting different language might require things we don't know, or is maybe more expansive for the publisher.

16. DarkStriker

DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Mar 15, 2009
    Norway
    NIKU!
    Go my style and buy both the japanese and the english one. Best of both worlds. Though the japanese one will only play for my VA pleasures :3