Hacking To save/restore most things on a 10.3 2DS before emuNAND creation

AyanamiRei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I was asked to downgrade a 10.3 2DS (with ironhax) to install a custom firmware and emuNAND but the owner wants to keep his retail games additional datas (he plays Fantasy Life, who stores the save on the SD) and e-shop downloads (some VC and the Fantasy Life extension). Is there a particular way to proceed? I suppose I can't do a NAND backup to later inject it as emuNAND, since the console system is over 9.2. Thanks in advance.

1- I made backups for the VC / e-shop games with svdt.
2- Is there a way to copy Fantasy Life saved game?
--->svdt doesn't detect it, but FLsavetool works: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yz7n3a49ylmjp3g/FLsavetool.zip?dl=0
3- Is it possible to attach the NNID to the emuNAND in order to re-download what he bought after emuNAND creation (and the sysNAND downgrade/formatting)?

Last edited by AyanamiRei,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't know the answer to all of your questions, but Fantasy Life saves to extdata if I remember correctly, so using one of the various extdata tools that can extract it should work (I say should, because I've never played that game, so I don't know for a fact if it will or not), if svdt doesn't deal with extdata saves..

Reactions: AyanamiRei

MichMaster

#Pray4Hykem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First you have to backup all files from the sd card into your computer, then you install emuNAND, after that take all the files you backed up into the sd again. emuNAND will be a copy of sysNAND so all games will still be there and yes, you can attach the original NNID to emuNAND

Reactions: AyanamiRei

AyanamiRei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
First you have to backup all files from the sd card into your computer, then you install emuNAND, after that take all the files you backed up into the sd again. emuNAND will be a copy of sysNAND so all games will still be there and yes, you can attach the original NNID to emuNAND
emuNAND will be a copy of the downgraded sysNAND, true. But where/when shall I do something to "unlink" the NNID? (using this protocole: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-easy-complete-comprehensive-cfw-guide-for-everyone.408685/ )
I suppose I won't be able to attach it to the updated emuNAND in the end if I don't do something before to separate it from the system?

AyanamiRei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am now about to copy the fresh sysNAND to create the emulated one. When do I input the NNID again? in the system NAND before copy? or only after copy in the emuNAND?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
when you are about to setup emunand, you're supposed to make a backup of your sd. after you create emunand, which is, at that point, a mirror image of your sysnand and you copy all your files back, all the stuff is accessible through both emu- and sysnand.

if you then unlink nands by using system settings > format on sysnand (remove the sd card before you actually begin the formatting), all his games and saves (except for dsiware) will still be available in emunand (but not in sysnand)

you can set up nnid on emunand again, but it'll take additional steps from then.

so once you got the unlinking done and used browserhax to install menuhax on sysnand again (to gain access to rxtools and emunand again)
first, you have to update emunand to latest firmware or you cant access nnid anyway.
then you have to make a backup of your emunand with emunand9 (option is called copy emunand to emunand.bin).
then make a backup of your emunand folder found in the Nindendo 3ds folder (there'll be two folders, and maybe a private folder. emunand will be the bigger one since that has games installed in it).
then, you have to format through systemsettings in emunand this time (also dont remove sd card this time, dont worry, it wont format the whole card, only the emunand folder you just backed up)
once thats done, go back into your now wiped emunand, go through the setup and set an internet connection. go to system settings, click the nnid option at the top and set up his old nnid (you need nickname, password and the email adress he used). and once that is done and you exit the system settings, power down the 3ds, go back into emunand9, look for the setting that clones emunand.bin to emunand and finally, replace the wiped emunandfolder in your nintendo 3ds folder with the one you backed up.

and then everything should work again, all games are in emunand, eshop and nnid stuff works too.

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.