Hacking To avoid making multiple topics, I'm posting several questions

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Q1. I was going to get my nephew an Acekard for his birthday, but I figured I'd just give him mine if I can get a cart that lets me play .gba and .nds roms. I know the iPlayer doesn't, but are there any others? If not, will there ever be?

Q2. My nephew has a DSlite, should I get him an Acekard 2i or just an Acekard 2? Acekard 2 is only 3 dollars cheaper and I'd like for him to be able to use it on his DSi if he should ever upgrade.

If I remember my other questions, I'll post them. Thanks in advance

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haloman800 said:
Q1. I was going to get my nephew an Acekard for his birthday, but I figured I'd just give him mine if I can get a cart that lets me play .gba and .nds roms. I know the iPlayer doesn't, but are there any others? If not, will there ever be?

Q2. My nephew has a DSlite, should I get him an Acekard 2i or just an Acekard 2? Acekard 2 is only 3 dollars cheaper and I'd like for him to be able to use it on his DSi if he should ever upgrade.

1. DSTWO
2. get the Acekard 2i

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
haloman800 said:

1. DSTWO
2. get the Acekard 2i

For clarification, the DSTWO isn't out yet. Go with the Acekard 2i. Acekard 2 is crap. ACekard 2.1 is good.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jackthelad said:
2. Then you will need the acekard 2i if you have plans to upgrade to the DSi

...What? In the long run, you're paying more. Get a 2i, upgrade it with the DSi 1.4 workaround, then if you get a DSi, you won't have to do anything(assuming we don't get 1.5 soon). IF you get a 2.1(Again, do NOT get a 2. Get a 2.1), and you decide to upgrade to a DSi, then you'll have to pay far more then $3 more.

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, I'll go with the Acekard 2i if I decide to get him his own. I guess I'll just have to stick with the wii emulator for gba games and buy another copy of Wario Ware for my gba =/.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
both of those are frequently asked,and you should search them first. anyways,get the ak2i,because the buil;d quality is much better,and there have been other improvements to it as well. but for the first question,there is currently no way to play both .nds and .gba games without having a slot 2 expansion pack.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
haloman800 said:

QUOTE(Saphiresurf @ Feb 23 2010, 11:26 PM) Iplayer has a gba emulator though.
Really? I don't think he knew that.

And to avoid any confusion, it's the SuperCard DS2, not the DS2 Nintendo are yet to announce. I doubt Nintendo will be bringing back GBA in their next portable.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShatteredScreens said:
haloman800 said:

QUOTE(Saphiresurf @ Feb 23 2010, 11:26 PM) Iplayer has a gba emulator though.
Really? I don't think he knew that.

And to avoid any confusion, it's the SuperCard DS2, not the DS2 Nintendo are yet to announce. I doubt Nintendo will be bringing back GBA in their next portable.

They won't be, it's a guarantee. Only way they will is if the DS2 can emulate it, and then it'll be VC-esque, and even then, that's not really bringing it back.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
shinkukage09 said:
They won't be, it's a guarantee. Only way they will is if the DS2 can emulate it, and then it'll be VC-esque, and even then, that's not really bringing it back.
I was being sarcastic to prove my point about SCDS2/DS2
tongue.gif

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
jakob95 said:
Acekard 2i and EZ-Flash 3in1. That combo will let you play gba roms and nds roms.
And will drain a lot less of the battery. But that combo will only work with a DSL, or an original DS if you can find the old 3-in-1. But if he has a DSi, an iPlayer or SCDS2 will be his only option of GBA madness.

Saphiresurf

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShatteredScreens said:
jakob95 said:
Acekard 2i and EZ-Flash 3in1. That combo will let you play gba roms and nds roms.
And will drain a lot less of the battery. But that combo will only work with a DSL, or an original DS if you can find the old 3-in-1. But if he has a DSi, an iPlayer or SCDS2 will be his only option of GBA madness.
He clearly said that his nephew has a DS lite.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
ShatteredScreens said:
jakob95 said:

He also very clearly said that they might upgrade to a DSi. Thus rendering the EZ-Flash useless. Learn to read.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
jakob95 said:
ShatteredScreens said:
jakob95 said:

QUOTE(haloman800 @ Feb 23 2010, 10:36 PM)

He clearly didn't mean GBA games for his nephew.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShatteredScreens said:
jakob95 said:
ShatteredScreens said:
jakob95 said:

QUOTE(haloman800 @ Feb 23 2010, 10:36 PM)

He clearly didn't mean GBA games for his nephew.

Your argument is not helping him anyway

I would say get the Acekard 2i. Man I loved that card but I had trouble with mine (contact loss & stuff). So I switched to EZflash Vi (don't get that one it's too fragile and not many features). I have the M3i Zero which is as good as Acekard In my opinion

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
BlackDave said:
Your argument is not helping him anyway
So by stopping people posting wrong information that may lead the guy into buying something he can't use isn't helping him, but telling him to get x flashcart like others have already done is?
unsure.gif

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
haloman800 said:

A1: i only know of iplayer and if i remember someone mentioned ez-flash somewhere long ago, but either way, u could get him any slot 1 flash cart and an ez 3in1 expansion.

A2: i guess u could get him an 2i in the of chance that u do upgrade it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvojgRvNriw