Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Loath as I am to admit it, Bay's first TMNT movie had about five minutes of good bits, hopelessly lost in two hours of crap bits. An hour and a half of which was wasted on the obligatory, drawn out origin story that ruins every first movie of any adaptation (often also ruining any chance of a second movie in the process). How long does it take to show/tell the origins of teenage mutant ninja turtles? All you need to know is in the name already.

Anywhoo, in between the hour and a half of pointless introduction and the ten minutes where Bay let the movie trail off because he didn't know how to make an ending, the few minutes where the characters could bounce off of each other and interact were actually palatable enough for me to comment (if only to myself) that the next movie, where the turtles could just be turtles, might not suck as badly. So, here we go:

Rocksteady and Bebop! Turtle Van! Technodrome! Casey Jones! The gang's all here! Provided their introduction doesn't consume the entire movie, there is hope that this one may not suck as hard as the first.

And before you start complaining about how the movie did the same thing to your precious 80s cartoon that the 80s cartoon did to the source material: it's a movie about talking turtles who are mutants and also ninjas. You need to learn to relax.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I hope it was better than original Ninja Turtles 2 movie. Plus, I don't see KRAANG was appear in movie version...

Maybe not Kraang, but Krang is confirmed:

NEtjzLTAbfUbxt_2_b.jpg

image-101-750x400.jpg

The gang's all here!

Plus, the turtles seem to have less prominent noses and lips in this one. That was a major point of criticism in the first movie.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why do people keep watching Michael Bay movies? They are fucking shit, yet people keep giving him money! He doesn't even try to make anything different, it's just the same movies over and over again and worst of all, he still doesn't know how make an ending! Seriously, all of his movies have a like 2 minute climax! Yet people still keep going to the theaters in droves for his piles of shit!

AsPika2219

Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
Maybe not Kraang, but Krang is confirmed:

NEtjzLTAbfUbxt_2_b.jpg

image-101-750x400.jpg

The gang's all here!

Plus, the turtles seem to have less prominent noses and lips in this one. That was a major point of criticism in the first movie.

OK! Strangely, many website was say Krang is Kraang, which was same name... according Wikipedia website!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krang

Anyway, nice to see looking Rocksteady and Beabock, just likes in original Ninja Turtle 2 movie and original Ninja Turtles from '80 cartoon!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!