Title Switch - GUI Backup Manager (with LayeredFS support!) for Win/Mac/Linux

icon128.png

Title Switch 1.1 BETA+W
LayeredFS/Plague backup manager

recording19.gif

Title Switch is a free and open-source Nintendo Switch backup manager for macOS, GNU/Linux, and Windows. With Title Switch you can copy your XCI/NCA backups to your Nintendo Switch's microSD card in just a few clicks, and see what titles you have replaced.
Select your SD card (or let the program do it for you), the game you want to install, the donor title (unless you use Plague), then click on "Install backup."

Changelog:
1.1 BETA+W
  • Native Windows support
1.1 BETA
  • Built-in main.npdm patching
  • Drag&drop support
  • Convert and install XCI files directly
  • The target ID can now be changed
  • Plague is now supported! You can also migrate your library from classic LayeredFS
  • Improved animations
  • Better logging! You can now save the log file, or manually get a copy from your OS's temp folder
  • You will now be prompted to open hactool or keys.txt if necessary
  • Various fixes and improvements
  • Bug fixes

Reporting issues:
  • Dump your keys and cartridge again
  • Try the virtual appliance version, if possible
  • Attach the log file (important) and be specific i.e. are you using the 32-bit version on Windows? 64-bit version on Ubuntu 18.04?
  • Not all games are compatible with LayeredFS/Plague
Downloads:
GQ8mhv5.png

Requirements:
  • macOS 10.3.4 High Sierra or higher (older versions might also work)
  • keys.txt (click on Tools → Create keys.txt, follow the instructions, then copy your keys.txt file to Title Switch.app (right-click, select "Show package contents)/Contents/macOS or open keys.txt when prompted if you're using version 1.1 BETA)
  • hactool (included)
  • exFAT might not work correctly in macOS, but it is required for 4 GB+ files. Use the virtual appliance version for full exFAT support
  • Qt 5.11 (if you want to build from source)
Release: https://github.com/nastys/titleswitch/releases
Source code: https://github.com/nastys/titleswitch
License: GNU GPLv3
Screenshot_20180626_024127.png

Requirements:
  • Ubuntu 18.04 LTS or any other GNU/Linux distribution
  • keys.txt (click on Tools → Create keys.txt, follow the instructions, then copy your keys.txt file to the application folder or open keys.txt when prompted if you're using version 1.1 BETA)
  • hactool (included)
  • For exfat support, open a terminal and enter: sudo apt install -y exfat-*
Release: https://github.com/nastys/titleswitch/releases
Source: https://github.com/nastys/titleswitch
Cattura.PNG

Requirements:
  • Windows 10 1804 (older versions might also work)
  • keys.txt (click on Tools → Create keys.txt, follow the instructions, then copy your keys.txt file to the application folder or open keys.txt when prompted if you're using version 1.1 BETA)
  • hactool (included)
Release: https://github.com/nastys/titleswitch/releases (64-bit version recommended)
Source: https://github.com/nastys/titleswitch
This is an Ubuntu 18.04 LTS virtual machine with exFAT support and Title Switch 1.1 BETA preloaded. It works on any host operating system. Copy your ROMs (NCA or XCI) to the microSD (or a flash drive), then safely eject it from the host OS and pass it to the VM.

Download: https://mega.nz/#!54pgCARS!Vzq2YRPi9Tbf5zywcwXz7sduAic0gZexi5MDRdzxA2s
VirtualBox (Extension Pack recommended): https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

Last edited by nastys,

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Native Windows version released (experimental).
https://github.com/nastys/titleswitch/releases

Nice! I was already starting to find it hard to figure out which games were which just off of the TitleIDs, can't wait for the fixed release :D

When will it be fixed?

Dude, wtf? He just released a very handy tool with one drawback. The question is not "When will XY happen". You should ask "How can I help you with testing or something". Be kind to all the developers, that make so much progess for our switches.

sad part on windows

take your time not rushing you lol good work...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

great! it look so convinient.. but sad part is i have only windows .. waiting for windows release version! keep it up man !! (sorry for my bad eng)

Can't wait for the windows version.

Anybody wanting to run this on windows 10 use this guide: htt p s://nickjanetakis . com /blog / using-wsl-and-mobaxterm-to-create-a-linux-dev-environment-on-windows (Remove Spaces)

Cordre69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get a blank error window and (not Responding) when I try to install a backup. Windows 10.
It created the title_switch_temp file on the SD card but it gets anywhere from 4.6 and 5.2gb and gives up. It's not consistent. The SD is exFAT so it's not an issue there.

Edit:
It is Super Mario Odyssey (xsi) I am trying to load using the Octopath demo.

Last edited by Cordre69,

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
u can make win86 ???
Done.
I get a blank error window and (not Responding) when I try to install a backup. Windows 10.
It created the title_switch_temp file on the SD card but it gets anywhere from 4.6 and 5.2gb and gives up. It's not consistent. The SD is exFAT so it's not an issue there.

Edit:
It is Super Mario Odyssey (xsi) I am trying to load using the Octopath demo.
It's probably your keys or your cartridge dump, but why bother? Super Mario Odyssey doesn't work anyway (as far as I know).
Anyway I need you to attach the log file.

Last edited by nastys,
Reactions: ressit

boomy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
[0721/202848.750:ERROR:crash_report_database_win.cc(428)] unexpected header

Happens when I try to "install a backup file" via layeredFS
App freezes
On win10

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
[0721/202848.750:ERROR:crash_report_database_win.cc(428)] unexpected header

Happens when I try to "install a backup file" via layeredFS
App freezes
On win10
I really need the log file. If you couldn't save it, then there should be a copy in %tmp%. Please attach it.
Also are you using Windows 10 1804 and the 64-bit version of the program?

LFPereira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Could someone provide me a DOOM save.dat, extracted with Checkpoint?

I'm going to try to use this save to start DOOM with LayeredFS, since the error occurs when the game tries to create the save.

github.com/BernardoGiordano/Checkpoint/releases

M-O-B

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
using windows 64-bit version of this, everything seems to work with cart1 games, everything seems fine but the romfs file is not in bin format it's just a file.

renamed it to romfs.bin using hex editor but no joy of if running or even being seen on my switch.

cart1.jpg

but as soon as I try cart 2 xci the program freezes up.

cart2.jpg

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
everything seems fine but the romfs file is not in bin format it's just a file.

renamed it to romfs.bin using hex editor but no joy of if running or even being seen on my switch.
That's odd...
I've only tested one game, without the .bin extension and it worked. Other people in this thread have reported success as well.
Nonetheless, I'll fix this "bug."

but as soon as I try cart 2 xci the program freezes up.
No CPU nor HDD activity whatsoever? Is hactool.exe running in the background?
Anyway, please send me the log file. It should be in %tmp% (press Win+R and enter %tmp%).

M-O-B

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's odd...
I've only tested one game, without the .bin extension and it worked. Other people in this thread have reported success as well.
Nonetheless, I'll fix this "bug."

No CPU nor HDD activity whatsoever? Is hactool.exe running in the background?
Anyway, please send me the log file. It should be in %tmp% (press Win+R and enter %tmp%).

it could be something i'm missing coz no matter what i use to create the romfs, they never seem to work or rather show up on my switch, and i'll sort log out.

Edit.

ok just had another try with this it seems to work fine with cart 1 xci files, however I have to manually rename the romfs file using HxD to romfs.bin then the game works fine.

if I don't rename the romfs then I get this error when I try to load game.
20180723_083352.jpg

now when I try to convert Mario tennis aces, that's when everything freezes I can only presume it's because it's cart 2.

every cart 1 game seems to go smoothly and work once I manually rename the romfs to romfs.bin.

here's my log from the 2 games I tried this morning.

Attachments

• title_switch.txt
    66.5 KB · Views: 299
Last edited by M-O-B,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...