Title Switch - GUI Backup Manager (with LayeredFS support!) for Win/Mac/Linux

icon128.png

Title Switch 1.1 BETA+W
LayeredFS/Plague backup manager

recording19.gif

Title Switch is a free and open-source Nintendo Switch backup manager for macOS, GNU/Linux, and Windows. With Title Switch you can copy your XCI/NCA backups to your Nintendo Switch's microSD card in just a few clicks, and see what titles you have replaced.
Select your SD card (or let the program do it for you), the game you want to install, the donor title (unless you use Plague), then click on "Install backup."

Changelog:
1.1 BETA+W
  • Native Windows support
1.1 BETA
  • Built-in main.npdm patching
  • Drag&drop support
  • Convert and install XCI files directly
  • The target ID can now be changed
  • Plague is now supported! You can also migrate your library from classic LayeredFS
  • Improved animations
  • Better logging! You can now save the log file, or manually get a copy from your OS's temp folder
  • You will now be prompted to open hactool or keys.txt if necessary
  • Various fixes and improvements
  • Bug fixes

Reporting issues:
  • Dump your keys and cartridge again
  • Try the virtual appliance version, if possible
  • Attach the log file (important) and be specific i.e. are you using the 32-bit version on Windows? 64-bit version on Ubuntu 18.04?
  • Not all games are compatible with LayeredFS/Plague
Downloads:
GQ8mhv5.png

Requirements:
  • macOS 10.3.4 High Sierra or higher (older versions might also work)
  • keys.txt (click on Tools → Create keys.txt, follow the instructions, then copy your keys.txt file to Title Switch.app (right-click, select "Show package contents)/Contents/macOS or open keys.txt when prompted if you're using version 1.1 BETA)
  • hactool (included)
  • exFAT might not work correctly in macOS, but it is required for 4 GB+ files. Use the virtual appliance version for full exFAT support
  • Qt 5.11 (if you want to build from source)
Release: https://github.com/nastys/titleswitch/releases
Source code: https://github.com/nastys/titleswitch
License: GNU GPLv3
Screenshot_20180626_024127.png

Requirements:
  • Ubuntu 18.04 LTS or any other GNU/Linux distribution
  • keys.txt (click on Tools → Create keys.txt, follow the instructions, then copy your keys.txt file to the application folder or open keys.txt when prompted if you're using version 1.1 BETA)
  • hactool (included)
  • For exfat support, open a terminal and enter: sudo apt install -y exfat-*
Release: https://github.com/nastys/titleswitch/releases
Source: https://github.com/nastys/titleswitch
Cattura.PNG

Requirements:
  • Windows 10 1804 (older versions might also work)
  • keys.txt (click on Tools → Create keys.txt, follow the instructions, then copy your keys.txt file to the application folder or open keys.txt when prompted if you're using version 1.1 BETA)
  • hactool (included)
Release: https://github.com/nastys/titleswitch/releases (64-bit version recommended)
Source: https://github.com/nastys/titleswitch
This is an Ubuntu 18.04 LTS virtual machine with exFAT support and Title Switch 1.1 BETA preloaded. It works on any host operating system. Copy your ROMs (NCA or XCI) to the microSD (or a flash drive), then safely eject it from the host OS and pass it to the VM.

Download: https://mega.nz/#!54pgCARS!Vzq2YRPi9Tbf5zywcwXz7sduAic0gZexi5MDRdzxA2s
VirtualBox (Extension Pack recommended): https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

Last edited by nastys,

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, and it worked. I can use LayeredFS with it too.
I have just tried it on my other "Mac" and it worked as expected (except I couldn't drag my keys.txt file into the folder that opens automatically).
Schermata 2018-06-21 alle 03.17.35.png
I converted The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ from XCI to NCA, then "injected" it into Octopath Traveler Demo.

I think I know why it didn't work for you and it would help if you could tell me which games work and which ones don't.
Also could you try "injecting" an NCA file you extracted manually and see if it works?

I've found the bug!

Last edited by nastys,

ShaytheStar

3TEETH fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have just tried it on my other "Mac" and it worked as expected (except I couldn't drag my keys.txt file into the folder that opens automatically).
I converted The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ from XCI to NCA, then "injected" it into Octopath Traveler Demo.

I think I know why it didn't work for you and it would help if you could tell me which games work and which ones don't.
Also could you try "injecting" an NCA file you extracted manually and see if it works?

Huh. I dumped ARMS.nca and injected it into Fallout Shelter, which resulted in a black screen. That still means it correctly "injected", I think, so I added the incident to the compatibility list since that combo wasn't there. So maybe the issue is just my xci conversion to nca? I tried converting VOEZ and Splatoon 2 xcis, which is where it didn't work, so I didn't make it to the romfs and exefs builder.

Last edited by ShaytheStar,
Reactions: nastys
D

Deleted User

wow easier then copy-pasting manually! oh wait, nowdays you can even drag n drop!\s
waiting for the time when this will work directly on the switch running linux

Reactions: nastys

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So maybe the issue is just my xci conversion to nca?
It's possible. XCI to NCA extracts the XCI file and takes the biggest NCA file it finds. There is probably a bug that makes it behave incorrectly with certain files.

nowdays you can even drag n drop!
I think that's a great idea!
EDIT: implemented.

waiting for the time when this will work directly on the switch running linux
There is no x86-specific code, so it should work without any changes. Have you tried?

Last edited by nastys,

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man, if you can already partially load backups like this with an incomplete Atmosphere release, once Atmosphere officially releases, it probably won't take long before we can actually play backups the normal way just like TX OS.

ShaytheStar

3TEETH fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible. XCI to NCA extracts the XCI file and takes the biggest NCA file it finds. There is probably a bug that makes it behave incorrectly with certain files.

Ah, okay. I'm looking forward to the bug being fixed then! My Virtual Machine is pretty slow, and Wine refuses to navigate to the files I want, so I'd love a tool I can use natively.

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Awesome! A 2 GB xci went in and came out as a 1.4 GB nca. It seems better to me. Injecting it over Fallout Shelter resulted in a black screen, but I think it worked then.
It works as expected, then. The NCA file is always smaller than the XCI that contains it.

Also did you patch main.npdm? (the next version will do it automatically)

Amigo1617

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
great! it look so convinient.. but sad part is i have only windows .. waiting for windows release version! keep it up man !! (sorry for my bad eng)

ShaytheStar

3TEETH fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works as expected, then. The NCA file is always smaller than the XCI that contains it.

Also did you patch main.npdm? (the next version will do it automatically)

Is the NCA compressed more? And yes, I did. Why do we have to patch main.npdm, by the way?

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There is a Windows version :)
Yes, there is, but NCA → title replacement is not supported on Windows at the moment.

Is the NCA compressed more? And yes, I did. Why do we have to patch main.npdm, by the way?
XCI dumps contain several NCA files, but you only need the biggest one. main.npdm contains the title ID, so it has to be patched in order to match the title ID of the game you are replacing using LayeredFS.

ShaytheStar

3TEETH fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XCI dumps contain several NCA files, but you only need the biggest one. main.npdm contains the title ID, so it has to be patched in order to match the title ID of the game you are replacing using LayeredFS.

Oh, thanks for the information. One more question: why are there several NCA files in the first place? What is the purpose of the smaller ones? I don't think they'd use more space for no reason.

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh, thanks for the information. One more question: why are there several NCA files in the first place? What is the purpose of the smaller ones? I don't think they'd use more space for no reason.
I'm not sure. Some of them probably contain updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    Veho @ Veho: Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.