1. DrFizzles

DrFizzles Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Every time I try patching Skyrim over something I do not get the main.npdm file. Is it just because it's took big (~15gb)?

2. nastys

OP nastys ナースティス

Italy
    Did you convert the XCI file to NCA using Title Switch 1.0.1? How big is the NCA file compared to the XCI? Is your microSD exFAT or FAT32? How much space is available?

3. DrFizzles

DrFizzles Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yes, converted to NCA using 1.0.1.
    XCI was 15.97gb, NCA was 15.38gb
    It's a 128gb SD card so it's exFAT, 110gb available after Skyrim dump

4. studio1b

studio1b GBAtemp Regular

United States
    A+ work looks great

nastys and ShaytheStar like this.
  5. ShaytheStar

ShaytheStar 3TEETH fan

United States
    Perhaps we can extract updates someday then.

6. nastys

OP nastys ナースティス

Italy
    Version 1.1 BETA released!
    • Built-in main.npdm patching
    • Drag&drop support
    • Convert and install XCI files directly
    • The target ID can now be changed
    • Plague is now supported! You can also migrate your library from classic LayeredFS
    • Improved animations
    • Better logging! You can now save the log file, or manually get a copy from your OS's temp folder
    • You will now be prompted to open hactool or keys.txt if necessary
    • Various fixes and improvements
    There is no full Windows support yet, but that's what I'm going to add next, along with GNU/Linux builds.

Please try again with version 1.1 BETA. If it doesn't work, please send me the log file.

Last edited by nastys, Jun 26, 2018
  7. DrFizzles

DrFizzles Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Tried with Cave Story (2gb) and Binding of Isaac (2gb) replacing Fallout Shelter, neither would load.
    Using LayeredFS CFW from here - https://github.com/tumGER/SDFilesSwitch/releases

Have tried Dragon Quest Builders (2gb), Kirby Star Allies (3.99gb), Portal Knights (3.99), and Skyrim (15.97gb) and Title Switch crashes for all of them.
    Every once in a while the program just sits loading and never finishes.

The log file is empty every time I save it.

8. nastys

OP nastys ナースティス

Italy
    I've just tried it myself on a clean computer (High Sierra 10.13.4, no SDK nor anything) and everything works as expected, including logging and the the main.npdm matches the one generated by dovah's online patcher.
    Tested both on a real microSD formatted as exFAT and a folder on the computer's SSD using The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ XCI (I haven't tried launching the game itself). However, macOS's exFAT driver is known to cause issues with Switch homebrew, so try using a smaller, FAT32 microSD and see if it works (or use a local folder instead, then copy your games from that folder to the microSD manually in Windows or Linux). Also check your keys.txt and backup files.

Schermata 2018-06-27 alle 02.36.00.png

Last edited by nastys, Jun 27, 2018
  9. DrFizzles

DrFizzles Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm on High Sierra 10.13.5, definitely not a fresh install though (probably have a lot of crap on it from over the years).

I tried a smaller, clean 4gb SD card (FAT32) and still had issues. Also have tried a folder on the computer but the program still crashes or games don't load.

Am I maybe doing something wrong? I download an XCI file (from romuniverse), I insert my SD card and 'detect' it in the program, I pick a compatible Target ID (from lfsdb), and I click "Install backup". Do I need to do anything on the Switch with the SD card before putting it in the computer?

I apologize if I'm being a bother with these problems. I'm a developer as well (websites, not apps) so I know how frustrating it can be when someone is having consistent issues that you can't replicate and debug.

10. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Mali
    Your layeredfs configuration should be double checked. If you had it previously working try reverting back to that. Most likely the program is fine.

Last edited by Zumoly, Jun 27, 2018 - Reason: Autocorrect is a pain!
  11. SG911

SG911 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Can't wait for the windows version.

12. nastys

OP nastys ナースティス

Italy
    Try this virtual appliance:
    Download: https://mega.nz/#!54pgCARS!Vzq2YRPi9Tbf5zywcwXz7sduAic0gZexi5MDRdzxA2s
    VirtualBox (Extension Pack recommended): https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
    If it works, then the ROM and keys.txt files are fine and you should reinstall macOS (or keep using the VM), otherwise you should dump your console's keys and cartridges again.
    Also, this VM fully supports exFAT.

You can use the virtual appliance in the meantime. It's probably a big download, though.

SG911 likes this.
  13. DrFizzles

DrFizzles Member
    Newcomer

United States
    It at least doesn't crash, but instead tells me "can't find main.npdm file".

Question: Do I need to have the main.npdm/other files for the game I'm overwriting already? So if I'm trying to put The Binding of Isaac onto Fallout Shelter should I already have the files for Fallout Shelter? Is that why it says it can't find the main.npdm file?

Or maybe I just need to find some better XCI files...

14. Ericjwg

Ericjwg GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
  15. nastys

OP nastys ナースティス

Italy
    main.ndpm is in the NCA file, which is in the XCI dump. If the program can't find it, you should dump your keys.txt and cartridge again.

16. DrFizzles

DrFizzles Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I've tried probably everything at this point, and I just don't think I'm meant to be swapping titles. I'm sure your program works great (else you wouldn't have released it) but no program or XCI dump I try will work (downloaded or dumped from an owned cartridge).

I'll save you having to work out my issues since it seems I'm the only one, good luck :)

17. nastys

OP nastys ナースティス

Italy
    The program is just calls hactool with the correct arguments. You can try using hactool directly if you like :) (check the log for the commands you need to run)
    If no dump works for you then it's probably your keys.txt.

Last edited by nastys, Jun 29, 2018
  18. DrFizzles

DrFizzles Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I think you're right about the keys, because I've tried a few different LayeredFS tools and the error is always the same (can't find main.npdm).
    However, I've generated my keys 3 times on different machines and it's still a no go so I'm not sure where to go now.

19. nastys

OP nastys ナースティス

Italy
    Can you get the keys from another console? Maybe you can even find them online.

20. DrFizzles

DrFizzles Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I hate my life. I found some online and it works now. I thought they keys were console specific so I never thought to look for them elsewhere.

It finally goes through the process correctly and creates all the files (including main.npdm!). Now I'm just trying to get some games to actually load.

cYcLoNe_AUT and nastys like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - LayeredFS, Manager, support