^^title-2463^^

V

Vulpix

Why are there like 100 random battles for every SINGLE step that I take in the dungeons?

Zantagor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the battle system is so slow...

...and i broke the game by accidentally discarding the ore in the first dungeon.

Battles aren't slow, you're just stuck with the hammer
tongue.gif

You didn't really break the game at all, you just need to find Matchboxes, Bottomless Cups, and broken Fans, which are all dropped by monsters randomly, or found by breaking boxes and barrels.

Besides, why the hell did you discard the ore, that's pretty damn stupid if you ask me
tongue.gif

bryehn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
the battle system is so slow...

...and i broke the game by accidentally discarding the ore in the first dungeon.

Battles aren't slow, you're just stuck with the hammer
tongue.gif

You didn't really break the game at all, you just need to find Matchboxes, Bottomless Cups, and broken Fans, which are all dropped by monsters randomly, or found by breaking boxes and barrels.

Besides, why the hell did you discard the ore, that's pretty damn stupid if you ask me
tongue.gif

I'm 6 hours into the game now, and it's still slow...much slower than tales of...as for discarding the ore...i like to test stuff like that. thanks to savestates you can always try another route. i'm playing this one on my xbox.

edit: oh and yeah the encounter rate is crazy. even crazier than suikoden. but without all the fights the game would be like 5 hours long.

dsisive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im 4.5 hours into the game (i was only trying it out but got sucked into the game play)

i got myself the western shiny sword already and off to a new island on the boat

trick i find is to just walk in the dungeon isntead of running, i hardly encounter

and i also lvl 20 with like 12000$ and alot of materials

went as far as 22floor of the dungeon so far and i didnt feel like going farther so i left for a new island

dsisive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok i beat the game in 8 hours 35 mins exactly...thats what the time says after you beat the game and see all the scenes and you are put back into your workshop to re-save

beat it on lvl47, i must say i skipped alot of items but it didnt matter since when you get new techniques to make weapons, just make 3 of the same so you can switch them when they are almost broken in a fight

my beastiary list isnt even full, so that shows i really didnt explore it...

replay value = 0/10
1st time play = 8/10

moley

Trophies
Website
thefullmetalalchemist.com
XP
Country

livefigga

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After 2 or so hours of playing this game it's merely decent imo, but it doesn't really fit my gaming needs as it's just a dungeon crawler (I dislike those), where get into battle after battle and press A with little skill or challenge involved.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im loving this game.
The differnt choices are driving me a little crazy though.
But so far Ive found that the dialog is mainly the only differrnce. But for guardien beasts like Sugar (the one that loves the charectors... TOO MUCH) tends to add alot of dialog xD

The fighting is like Tales of phantasia, but with more control. Since its not in some sorta semi-auto mode like ToP was.

The dugeons do get rather repetitive since you are stuck going down many floors of the same place until about foor 25 or level 20 or so.

The random battles are also a little annoying.
But Ive been able to sit through it all just fine. Thoug tne again maybe I jsut use the turbo key in VBA too much xD

Anyway, the story is good and differnt depending on your choices you make. I do hope the endings are as good as it seems to promise though.

I am a little disapointed in the fact the weapon making is kinda recipe based. It would have been nice to make my own unique weapons. :/
But then again, it does help to have things more basic.
It makes the fighting a little easier to focus on while the weapons can just be made as you get the supplies to make them and then use them when your done.
Stil though, I woulda loved making my own set of clawed gloves rather than end up getting that dumb winged glove >.>
Really now, think your kid icarus or something?

Anyway, a good RPG that shoulda been released in the US a long long time ago. Its a solid good RPG if you can stand teh repetitiveness in the begining. But hey, thats a blacksmith's life for you. What did you expect in a blacksmith spinoff RPG? Mail order materials?
I think staying in one spot for the majority of the game woulda been alot worse.

Its a good game, its worth a try now that its in english.

One small thing though, in the dialog I notice that Razzy gets called a "she" at one point, then a "he" then a "her" and what not. They just cant get this guys gender down it seems. Its getting confusing.
Plus some of the dialog is a little reused for the two differnt genders you can choose from.
Sometimes they'll call Pratty a "son" and Sugar never seems to stop wanting to call her her "husband" but hey, thats Sugar for you, shes obsessed with the main charector xD

Oh ya, anyone find anymore of those special weapons that use the Mystic ore? I have tons of the stuff and have only found one weapon (fire drill) to use em with so far.

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im loving this game.
But so far Ive found that the dialog is mainly the only differrnce. But for guardien beasts like Sugar (the one that loves the charectors... TOO MUCH) tends to add alot of dialog xD
You also have a different set of weapons that you can add elements to. Sugar lets you add elements to Swords, Knuckles, and Spears. Other Guardian Beasts have different ones... You need to obtain the rest through quests.

The fighting is like Tales of phantasia, but with more control. Since its not in some sorta semi-auto mode like ToP was.
Wasn't there a Manual Ring that let you have full control in Tales of Phantasia?

The dugeons do get rather repetitive since you are stuck going down many floors of the same place until about foor 25 or level 20 or so.
See those green circles? They're at different intervals... I remember 1, 6, 11, and 18. Hit them with your hammer to activate them. They're teleporters... O,o

The random battles are also a little annoying.
But Ive been able to sit through it all just fine. Thoug tne again maybe I jsut use the turbo key in VBA too much xD
You need them for materials and experience. Try this weapon combo... Sword, Spear, (Whatever). I really only use the sword and the spear for monsters because they cover everything. You have speed, power, and crowd-control.

Anyway, the story is good and differnt depending on your choices you make. I do hope the endings are as good as it seems to promise though.
People have been saying that the ending is fun.

I am a little disapointed in the fact the weapon making is kinda recipe based. It would have been nice to make my own unique weapons. :/
But then again, it does help to have things more basic.
It makes the fighting a little easier to focus on while the weapons can just be made as you get the supplies to make them and then use them when your done.
Stil though, I woulda loved making my own set of clawed gloves rather than end up getting that dumb winged glove >.>
Really now, think your kid icarus or something?
I think the third GBA Summon Night has some sort of customization thing... I believe it gives you special attacks and elements for your weapon. I hope it's released! BUY THIS GAME! Number 2 is coming out. We want the third one, guys... That's the BEST one! Bows. Yes, you get bows.

Anyway, a good RPG that shoulda been released in the US a long long time ago. Its a solid good RPG if you can stand teh repetitiveness in the begining. But hey, thats a blacksmith's life for you. What did you expect in a blacksmith spinoff RPG? Mail order materials?
I think staying in one spot for the majority of the game woulda been alot worse.
It doesn't get repetitive very quickly because you always have something new.

Its a good game, its worth a try now that its in english.
Agreed.

One small thing though, in the dialog I notice that Razzy gets called a "she" at one point, then a "he" then a "her" and what not. They just cant get this guys gender down it seems. Its getting confusing.
Plus some of the dialog is a little reused for the two differnt genders you can choose from.
Sometimes they'll call Pratty a "son" and Sugar never seems to stop wanting to call her her "husband" but hey, thats Sugar for you, shes obsessed with the main charector xD
Razzy is a girl. Dialog re-usage is common and we're lucky that it's not all the same with reversed genders.

Oh ya, anyone find anymore of those special weapons that use the Mystic ore? I have tons of the stuff and have only found one weapon (fire drill) to use em with so far.
I bet you're missing sword number 2, right? (Spear and Knuckle too... Axe as well...) When you go to craft, it'll sometimes ask if you want to use mystic ores. You have Sugary so it'll do it on non-boss swords, knuckles, and spears. You need to get elemental axes and knuckles from quests. (After breaking an opponent's weapon in the tournament, craft his/her weapon and give it to the respective weapon lover.

EDIT: Oh yeah... After you beat the game, there's a way to be able to add elements to any normal weapon. I'm not telling you, but it's deep in the dungeon... (Sorry... Spoiler thing... I can PM you whole answer if you want.)

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
yay i finally beat it but it defnetly took awhile to beat it ya thought the ending was great (well atleast i think so ya) anyhow it was a great game but when you reach the semi finals its almost all story for awhile until you fight in the semi-final ya gotta go throught 5 diffrent story dungeons and thyre not part of the labirynt

lafatte

Trophies
XP
Country
Im loving this game.
You also have a different set of weapons that you can add elements to. Sugar lets you add elements to Swords, Knuckles, and Spears. Other Guardian Beasts have different ones... You need to obtain the rest through quests.

eh... so I'm going to assume that zantech allows you to add elements to Swords, Spears and Axes?
Please say yes, because those are my favourite weapons....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: