Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
An actual sequel to Gunstar Heroes
wub.gif
, the greatest platform shooter in existance.
While I haven't 'procured' the game yet (and I can't wait to), regardless of weather it's better or worse than the original, I would like to thank Treasure for choosing to release a sequel to one of their greatest games even though they don't like to make sequels.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It isnt anywhere near as close as being as good as the original, well its better than Advance Guardian Heroes.

Dear Treasure,
Go back to not doing sequels, theres a reason why ok?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really its just "ooh look what we can do on gba" not much substance
frown.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any slowdowns in this like the GBA Guardian Heroes one? If Treasure are now doing sequels, then I'm praying for a Radiant Silvergun sequel or an Ikaruga sequel for the DS/PSP.

L

lastdual

My initial impression is this could have used about a month more development time. I'm enjoying the game, but there's a lot of little things that could have been done better (the overhead shooting level comes to mind). Also, the control just never feels as spot-on as the Original Gunstar (or Astro Boy for that matter) - the speed of the game just doesn't translate as well to the small screen of the GBA. Anyways, it sure looks good, and is still better than most of what's out there.

electrii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I got this to work. Cool game so far, but the level with the helicopter thingie just sucks. SUCKS.
Hitting ground targets is harder than it should be.

And yes, Astroboy is probably one of the best action games on the GBA. best beat'em up for sure.

L

lastdual

QUOTE said:
Was Astro boy really THAT good? I didn't hear this many praises about it when it was first dumped.
It's not as good as Treasure's top console classics, but it's probably their best portable game. Ranked within the top 3 on almost every major gaming site and mag for GBA game of the year (I think it won a few).

EDIT: After playing through GSH a second time and turning it up to hard, I'm enjoying it a lot more. The added difficulty helps the game a lot, although I still wish there was a bit more old-school action platforming and a little less "creative" level design.

NeoBahamut

Dragon King of GBATemp
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Did anyone play Flicky on Sega before?...
Cuz I see HUGE similarities on Moon 1 with Flicky.... Picking up chicks and avoiding wolves (in this case... big ugly ass monsters)

-Bahamut Unsummoned-

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone play Flicky on Sega before?...
Cuz I see HUGE similarities on Moon 1 with Flicky.... Picking up chicks and avoiding wolves (in this case... big ugly ass monsters)

-Bahamut Unsummoned-

I play flicky every once and awhile for the heck of it.
Moon level 1 was jsut plain cool with all the little flickys xD

I gave this game a play, and you know, it feels like a sequal.

Its not as linear as the first, and the grabing move is gone ;-; I miss it already.
Instead you get better attack moves and more aiming control, wich is good.

I kinda miss the gun mixing system too, but since it is a portable game, it makes sense to have everything at once. Though the power attack bar is a nice touch.

Also, I agree that the game seems kinda shallow on Normal mode. Its good to get used to the game for non hardcore shooting gamers and newcomers might wanna try easy mode. But Hard mode feels good
happy.gif
. Still a little east, but then again, this is all from the first level. If you remember the first one, it wasnt much hard on hard too on the first level.

Plus its more hectic in the first one. This one seems to tone it down a little bit for a more balanced barrage of enemies rather than all the grunts attacking at once normaly. Well with lasers and bombs and junk >.>;

I still miss the throwing system and mixing system though.
I was looking forward to mashing all the enemys together. Though the move was hard to pull off, it was really fun
happy.gif

This game is definitly a GBA gem I love it
tongue.gif

Treasure should really stick to working with SEGA ;p
I have my fingers crossed for a Guardian Heroes NDS remake. That and a Gunstar Hereos NDS port. Or better yet jsut a NDS treasure game. You know they could make something creative enough to make nintendo be stunned in awe
tongue.gif

Sega and Treasue rule
happy.gif

musashi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
And you Mr. Shadow? You have just won the internet. Know why? because Treasure did so well for a sequel to probably two of it's best games ever and made sure they didn't suck. This calls for a Mischief Makers remake with y'know actual factual PLOT this time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o