1. Danker301090

OP Danker301090 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Ever since Tinfoil was pushed into its V6 generation i have had the this file is a garbage fake file error message come up which then causes the installation to fail and a cloud symbol appears in the icon on the home page. Why has this safety feature been applied and also why now as for years we have been able to install DLC from valid suppliers and now because a user wants to keep us safe make all our games unplayable. Is there an alternative installer which can do multi packed nsp's.

EDIT: Since this was posted V7.0 has been pushed but the same thing from above probably still applies

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  2. blawar

blawar Developer
    Developer

United States
    it’s not wrong, let’s be clear that this isn’t just u signed code you are trying to install, it’s a garbage unlocker made by venom more than likely. if you understood what you were trying to install, you would understand why it’s blocked.

to be clear, you didn’t get that nsp from a valid supplier. you got it from venom, which is trash.

most dlc is legit, and there is no reason for you to have a trash unlocker, just download the legit DLC.

3. Danker301090

OP Danker301090 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Actually most of my games have come from the big 2 suppliers of nsp/xci's Softcobra & Turbo Snail. I'm pretty sure they don't use Venom DLC

4. andyhappypants

United Kingdom
    Lol, turbosnail and softcobra are 2 uploader profiting from their illegal uploads. They simply share release groups files. Do some research, They are merely puppets and not linked to any of the big scene release groups.

Fatih120 likes this.
  5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    What's wrong with VENOM? Genuinely curious.
    Maybe you had install unsigned code enabled before, all the scene release DLCs seem to be unsigned for some reason. Such NSPs would fail to install on older versions if unsigned code wasn't enabled, but with a really obscure error message that didn't really give you a clue as to what was wrong.

Ericthegreat likes this.
  6. blawar

blawar Developer
    Developer

United States
    venom “unlockers” aren’t real DLC, they create fake home brew dlc’s that create certain files that make the game think the dlc is enabled. the problem with this is, they generally have made up title id’s, and are completely removed from the update flow that normal dlc are a part of. Games occationally change how the DLC works and break the unlockers.

from a preservation standpoint, no one wants unlockers unless the real dlc is not available (rare). I assume venom does this to save a little $$$ so they don’t have to actually buy the DLC. The scene really should ban this slime practice.

So, because of venoms laziness / bullshit, tinfoil now refuses to install any unsigned dlc with no way to bypass.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

nothing you get from DU is reputable those two guys post tons of literal shit content, they give zero fucks.

Fatih120 and andyhappypants like this.
  7. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States

8. Danker301090

OP Danker301090 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    nothing you get from DU is reputable those two guys post tons of literal shit content, they give zero fucks.[/QUOTE]

Actually I grab from their official sites rather than questionable DU.

9. blawar

blawar Developer
    Developer

United States
    Actually I grab from their official sites rather than questionable DU.[/QUOTE]

having a website doesn’t make them reputable. as is evidenced by the fact that tinfoil won’t install their multi content nsp, they package garbage.

so you know how many times I have gotten the junk file error? zero.

Fatih120 likes this.
  10. duckbill007

duckbill007 GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    @Danker301090, try to install your files with some other installer, if it'll install and works fine, then junk is not a file, but a tinfoil.

11. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Awoo Installer installs unsigned garbage fake bullshit dlc unlockers. :v)

Fatih120 likes this.
  12. altorn

altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    nice segue and ad ;)

13. blawar

blawar Developer
    Developer

United States
    not in this case it won’t

14. Danker301090

OP Danker301090 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    But no USB method currently available which is annoying. I want to use it but don't want to insert and remove the SD every time to install one nsp or xci.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

or just repack again but remove the dlc. use tinfoil for the game install patch dlc with another.

15. blawar

blawar Developer
    Developer

United States
    it’s a bug that it ruins your application record, i should just skip the dlc. can you pm me one of these files so i can reproduce?

16. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Eh? I've installed many of these fake DLC unlockers... Unless the error he's mentioning is specifically targeted toward corrupt broken contents. Awoo will still warn you about this trash, though.

Fatih120 likes this.
  17. blawar

blawar Developer
    Developer

United States
    The topic is multicontent NSP's, which awoo does not support.

18. HookedBehemoth

Newcomer

Germany
    ah... yes... While adding xci support I thought about supporting multicontent NSP's but I didn't ever encounter those so it still only returns the first cnmt.

19. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Fair enough. I can see why having proper dumps of the DLC is better. However, those are not always available. If that's the only way you can get the DLC for a particular game, it's still better than nothing.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Tinfoil, garbage, error