Tinfoil not installing some games - "Error – failed to read NSP metadata" and “Error – Install unsigned code”

unpatchedswitch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm new to this, and I'm at the point of giving up as it's just too hit and miss whether a game will actually work. Feels beyond pointless at this point.

Some games I've installed without any issues, but most games just refuse to install. These are the two most common errors but I have no idea what to do to fix them;

1) "Error – failed to read NSP metadata"
2) “Error– Install unsigned code”

My understanding that 1) means Tinfoil needs to be updated. So I've updated Tinfoil yet I get the same error. I was on Tinfoil 16.0v2 earlier today but in trying to fix these errors, I have subsequently downloaded the latest Tinfoil 17.0. I copied and pasted the contents of the Tinfoil folder onto the SD card (replacing the older 16.0v2 files) but it hasn't made a blind bit of difference. When I'm using the Tinfoil app on the switch I can't find a way to check which version number Tinfoil is currently on, so I'm not 100% certain it has updated to the latest version.

I know there's bound to be a few hiccups but my christ I don't see how people consider this to be a convenient means of gaming. The constantly downloading, unzipping, copy and pasting, opening tinfoil, clicking install then getting knocked back with these errors! :hateit:

Last edited by unpatchedswitch,

kenpachi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having this problem too. I can instal most nsp or xci games, but some randomly failed to open .nsp. Also these games are showing in tinfoil with their name like this Sonic Frontiers.xci [01004AD014BF0000][v0].xci

So it's showing that .xci twice but when I look at the name of the file on my PC it just says Sonic Frontiers [01004AD014BF0000].xci

Reactions: unpatchedswitch

unpatchedswitch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sorry I'm new to this so I don't know what you mean about sigpatches. I already have sigpatches as of 16 November. I've followed the link to the thread (https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/) but I don't understand a word within the first post. Am I supposed to be reading page 1 or the latest page? As neither make any sense to me and how they'd remedy my situation.

Switch console getting thrown at a wall in 3...2...1

unpatchedswitch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just install sys-patch https://github.com/ITotalJustice/sys-patch is more user friendly, you only need to copy the files to the root of your sd card and restar the console.
thanks I'll try that.

By restart, do you mean completely power the switch console down and then turn it back on? The reason I ask this is because once it's turned off I then have to put the RCM Jig back in and go through the 'inject' process again?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
thanks I'll try that.

By restart, do you mean completely power the switch console down and then turn it back on? The reason I ask this is because once it's turned off I then have to put the RCM Jig back in and go through the 'inject' process again?
You can reboot the console.

and yes each time you power off the console you need to inject the payload, you can use a RCM process on vulnerable consoles or a modchip on any console.

Reactions: unpatchedswitch

unpatchedswitch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sorry I'm new to this so I don't know what you mean about sigpatches. I already have sigpatches as of 16 November. I've followed the link to the thread (https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/) but I don't understand a word within the first post. Am I supposed to be reading page 1 or the latest page? As neither make any sense to me and how they'd remedy my situation.

Switch console getting thrown at a wall in 3...2...1
I've followed the link but I have no idea what to do. The section on syspatch says;

sys-patch

A script-like system module that patches fs, es, ldr and nifm on boot.

Config

sys-patch features a simple config. This can be manually edited or updated using the overlay.

The configuration file can be found in /config/sys-patch/config.ini. The file is generated once the module is ran for the first time.

[options]
patch_sysmmc=1 ; 1=(default) patch sysmmc, 0=don't patch sysmmc
patch_emummc=1 ; 1=(default) patch emummc, 0=don't patch emummc
enable_logging=1 ; 1=(default) output /config/sys-patch/log.ini 0=no log
version_skip=1 ; 1=(default) skips out of date patterns, 0=search all patterns

I have absolutely no idea what any of this means. Theres nothing to download!

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Simple:
  • Go to https://github.com/ITotalJustice/sys-patch/releases
  • Download «sys-patch.zip» from latest release
  • extract the «sys-patch.zip» to a folder on your hard drive, then copy the folders «atmosphere» & «switch» to the root of your SD Card, merge.
  • restart your console
  • Launch your TESLA Overlay, by default is achieved by pressing at the same time the buttons [L] + [D pad DOWN] + [RS](pressing down the right joystick)
  • on the Tesla overlay look for SYS-PATCH overlay:
1700855576426.png

Then select options:
1700855651460.png

An be sure all options are enabled:

1700855685846.png

Back to last menu pressing and select Toggle Patches:
1700855823881.png

Be sure all options are enabled, if all is enabled you are done, if not, enable all of them and restart again.

unpatchedswitch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the guide, although I'm not familiar with Tesla. Is this something that needs to be installed separately or is that included in the download from the link https://github.com/ITotalJustice/sys-patch/releases

With regards to this bullet point;
  • Launch your TESLA Overlay, by default is achieved by pressing at the same time the buttons [L] + [D pad DOWN] + [RS](pressing down the right joystick)
is this instruction to turn the Switch on so it's basically back in the normal off-the-shelf unmodded mode. Or do I have to attach the RCM jig and inject first, then launch tesla?

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

unpatchedswitch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

unpatchedswitch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, you are right, I should have link to the post no the attachment, all of them get updated, so now are invalid, the post with latest ones is:
https://gbatemp.net/posts/10121629/
Thanks but I'm really confused which ones to download. The downloads are;
Tesla Menu
InfoNX
DNS-MITM_Manager
EdizonOverlay
Emuiibo
ldn_mitm (Full)
OvlSysmodules
QuickNTP
ShareNX-Overlay
Status-Monitor-Overlay
Studious-Pancake (full) With Mariko support
Sys-CLK

Do I need to download all of these or just a few?

My understanding from the earlier comments is that I need;
sys-patch
Tesla
Overlay Manager

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thanks but I'm really confused which ones to download. The downloads are;
Tesla Menu
InfoNX
DNS-MITM_Manager
EdizonOverlay
Emuiibo
ldn_mitm (Full)
OvlSysmodules
QuickNTP
ShareNX-Overlay
Status-Monitor-Overlay
Studious-Pancake (full) With Mariko support
Sys-CLK

Do I need to download all of these or just a few?

My understanding from the earlier comments is that I need;
sys-patch
Tesla
Overlay Manager
For the bare minimum Overlay you need:
* Tesla Menu
* TESLA (nx-ovlloader)
then you download and copy to your SD Card the other overlays you like. SYS-Patch.

unpatchedswitch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For the bare minimum Overlay you need:
* Tesla Menu
* TESLA (nx-ovlloader)
then you download and copy to your SD Card the other overlays you like. SYS-Patch.

1) OK. nx-ovlloader isn't in that list but I already had it on my Switch SD card. It is located in Atmosphere>Contents>420000000007E51A
Is everything correct with that?

2) I've turned my switch on (from being on sleep for approx 10 days) and when I start Tinfoil I get;
"your system clock appears to be incorrect. All network SSL connections will fail. Please fix you system date time"

The time is already correct. Tinfoil doesn't display the date so I don't know if it is set correctly, Although I definitely did set it correct a few weeks ago when I installed Atmosphere. Is there anywhere within Tinfoil that I can view the date to see its incorrect?

3) Also, I've noticed my region is set to US. I'm in UK. Should I change it to UK?

4) Regarding your earlier comment (see below)
"Simple:
  • Go to https://github.com/ITotalJustice/sys-patch/releases
  • Download «sys-patch.zip» from latest release
  • extract the «sys-patch.zip» to a folder on your hard drive, then copy the folders «atmosphere» & «switch» to the root of your SD Card, merge.
  • restart your console
  • on the Tesla overlay look for SYS-PATCH overlay:"
The step of
When I press these buttons I just get a message "No Overlays Found - place your overlays files in the overlays folder". I'm assuming that something has gone wrong with the Atmosphere>Contents>420000000007E51A?

Last edited by unpatchedswitch,

MiRoBk

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I'm having this problem too. I can instal most nsp or xci games, but some randomly failed to open .nsp. Also these games are showing in tinfoil with their name like this Sonic Frontiers.xci [01004AD014BF0000][v0].xci

So it's showing that .xci twice but when I look at the name of the file on my PC it just says Sonic Frontiers [01004AD014BF0000].xci
Hi
Did u solve that problem
I got it too 💔
Post automatically merged:

Hi
Did u solve that problem
I got it too 💔

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto