Time to give up the Acekard 2i, just bought a DSTWO

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by txskeets, Oct 13, 2010.

1. txskeets
    OP

txskeets Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2009
    United States
    I got tired of waiting for new AKAIO updates, so I broke down and grabbed the DSTWO today from ShopTemp.

Everything I've read leads me to belive this is a really good card.

Anyone else go from an AK to a DSTWO? What are your thoughts between the two?

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I use most of the flashcards out there quite regularly. I would say the Supercard Two is far better than the Acekard 2i, in power and functions, but the AKAIO does look a hell of a lot better than EOS and a lot easier to skin.
    EDIT: But I bought my Acekard 2i after I got my Supercard Two and really Normatt and the rest of the AKAIO team are doing the best damn job they can do.

3. kyste

kyste Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2010
    France
    Yep. I went fro AK2I to DSTwo about three days ago.
    Not because I was tired of waiting for AKAIO (Normatt does a damn fine job, and for free too) but because I wanted to be able to play my old gba games again without having to use my old DS instead of my brand new DSi XL.
    I'm quite satisfied with it, I only wish the video plug-in was released so that I wouldn't have to carry my iplayer around.

I won't throw away my AK2I though, just like my old AKRPG, it might be of further use someday.

4. txskeets
    OP

txskeets Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2009
    United States
    Dont get me wrong, I really appreciate all that Normatt does...just figured it was time to grab the DSTWO based on everything I have read.

5. RoMee

RoMee ??

Sep 3, 2010
    United States
    ??
    I went from AK2i to dstwo like 3-4 months ago
    best decision I've ever made
    I hated the paper trick, and the features on the dstwo was too good to past up..I almost bought the EX4i instead..good thing I didn't
    without akaio, the acekard would be right down there with dstt, etc
    the acekard team should put normatt on the payroll, without him the acekard would have been dead a long time ago

6. Dimensional

Dimensional GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 7, 2008
    United States
    Texas
    I went from AK2i to DS TWO. I was going to use my AK2i as a secondary flashcart in case I want to move things from one game to another, but sadly before the recent firmware update for it was released, my AK2i some how died completely on me. It refuses to even be seen on any hardware of any kind.

7. EJames2100

EJames2100 GBAtemp Fan

May 9, 2008
    England
    Acekard are good cards, especially with Wood(RPG) or AKAIO.

However it cannot compete with the Auto-Patching that the DSTwo has, and the other in-built stuff is mint too [​IMG]

8. magicman7200

magicman7200 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    @Dimension your acekard might of been fake because my acekard 2.1 died like that

9. thieves like us

thieves like us chaos personified

Jul 17, 2003
    United States
    left of the pond
    I'm using an EDGE (v1.11), an Acekard 2i (v1.7.1) and a Supercard DS Two (1.07?) depending on the title.

like others have stated, I prefer the menu system of both the EDGE and Acekard over the DSTwo's, however I must admit I'm pretty impressed with the fact that I don't have to wait for any patches thus far (fingers crossed) if I want to use a particular title on the DSTwo. my only other thought is that I wish that the build quality was a bit better on the DSTwo. I really hate the fact that the actel chip sticks up as far as it does and that the Supercard team had to cut the casing in order to make it work.

10. Slyakin

Slyakin See ya suckers

Oct 15, 2008
    United States
    Soviet Slyakin
    Yeah, I just bought an SCDSTwo a day ago. I can't wait, although it might take weeks. Ugh.

11. Presto99

Presto99 You slammin, bro?

Feb 24, 2010
    United States
    Skyworld
    Everybody seems right here...I was fine with my Ak2 for a while but Supercard is so much better. All my gba favorites, DS games, The reader's good too. I've converted a lot of my epub/pdf to txt and I can read them just fine. Auto-patching or whatever's nice too. (SScribblenauts) Save states are also a help sometimes.

12. txskeets
    OP

txskeets Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2009
    United States
    Cool...thanks for all the replies! Cant wait to get my card in and glad I was able to support GBATEMP when buying it! [​IMG]