Hacking Time to give up the Acekard 2i, just bought a DSTWO

CWaffles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got tired of waiting for new AKAIO updates, so I broke down and grabbed the DSTWO today from ShopTemp.

Everything I've read leads me to belive this is a really good card.

Anyone else go from an AK to a DSTWO? What are your thoughts between the two?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I use most of the flashcards out there quite regularly. I would say the Supercard Two is far better than the Acekard 2i, in power and functions, but the AKAIO does look a hell of a lot better than EOS and a lot easier to skin.
EDIT: But I bought my Acekard 2i after I got my Supercard Two and really Normatt and the rest of the AKAIO team are doing the best damn job they can do.

kyste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yep. I went fro AK2I to DSTwo about three days ago.
Not because I was tired of waiting for AKAIO (Normatt does a damn fine job, and for free too) but because I wanted to be able to play my old gba games again without having to use my old DS instead of my brand new DSi XL.
I'm quite satisfied with it, I only wish the video plug-in was released so that I wouldn't have to carry my iplayer around.

I won't throw away my AK2I though, just like my old AKRPG, it might be of further use someday.

CWaffles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont get me wrong, I really appreciate all that Normatt does...just figured it was time to grab the DSTWO based on everything I have read.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I went from AK2i to dstwo like 3-4 months ago
best decision I've ever made
I hated the paper trick, and the features on the dstwo was too good to past up..I almost bought the EX4i instead..good thing I didn't
without akaio, the acekard would be right down there with dstt, etc
the acekard team should put normatt on the payroll, without him the acekard would have been dead a long time ago

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went from AK2i to DS TWO. I was going to use my AK2i as a secondary flashcart in case I want to move things from one game to another, but sadly before the recent firmware update for it was released, my AK2i some how died completely on me. It refuses to even be seen on any hardware of any kind.

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
Acekard are good cards, especially with Wood(RPG) or AKAIO.

However it cannot compete with the Auto-Patching that the DSTwo has, and the other in-built stuff is mint too
smile.gif

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm using an EDGE (v1.11), an Acekard 2i (v1.7.1) and a Supercard DS Two (1.07?) depending on the title.

like others have stated, I prefer the menu system of both the EDGE and Acekard over the DSTwo's, however I must admit I'm pretty impressed with the fact that I don't have to wait for any patches thus far (fingers crossed) if I want to use a particular title on the DSTwo. my only other thought is that I wish that the build quality was a bit better on the DSTwo. I really hate the fact that the actel chip sticks up as far as it does and that the Supercard team had to cut the casing in order to make it work.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Everybody seems right here...I was fine with my Ak2 for a while but Supercard is so much better. All my gba favorites, DS games, The reader's good too. I've converted a lot of my epub/pdf to txt and I can read them just fine. Auto-patching or whatever's nice too. (SScribblenauts) Save states are also a help sometimes.

CWaffles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool...thanks for all the replies! Cant wait to get my card in and glad I was able to support GBATEMP when buying it!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but im too stupid to know