OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well its cause you need to patch it thats all, either way you shouldn't expect to play any of it, as its stuck in the first cave with no gfx, only the menu has gfx.

However for me that was as far as i needed to go, all the dipstar/action reply codes i hacked, and all the save game hacking i did was from the first step in the cave
smile.gif

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/imaha486/8

Explains what needs patching.

jznomoney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you get the magic points to go up in the higher levels with the devout and magus? I changed there job level to 99 and the magic points on level 8 are still 0.

WangJang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Make sure your real level is 99, the level 99 on the editor is just what is displayed in the game, level is really based of your experience, so check if your experience is high enough for level 99, try changing your experience to the maximum this should make you level 99 for sure.

greenarrow2k6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Where should I locate the savefile? There is a .dat in the sd card. When I try to open a .dat file on my sd card, nothing happens. Also, which slot should I use.

Any advice?

chuuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
before editing the save file put off autosave (if you hava a M3)
then edit your savefile, overwrite the one on your card.
put your ds on, it will boot without autosaving (which caused before that you didn't see any change) and put autosave back on immediately(otherwise the progress you'll make that time won't be saved, so remember to put it back on before playing!

greenarrow2k6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
before editing the save file put off autosave (if you hava a M3)
then edit your savefile, overwrite the one on your card.
put your ds on, it will boot without autosaving (which caused before that you didn't see any change) and put autosave back on immediately(otherwise the progress you'll make that time won't be saved, so remember to put it back on before playing!

I turned of the autosave mode on my m3. Load the savegame. Saved this time without autosave enable. Quit. Load game editor. Locate the .dat file and load it. Game editor shows nothing. It's OK with a DS-X save file.

Bohemian Rhapsod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ummm..stupid question, I know, but how do I disable auto save? I tried deleting my auto save folder (Which was empty) But nothing happened.

Currently, it just disregards all edits and reverts back to my regular ingame save.

Thanks for the help.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First, nice work on the update WangJang.

As for autosave I do not know but surely you could play another game (Tetris DS is a good one as it always changes the save when you boot it) and then you should avoid having the modified FF3 save overwritten.

greenarrow2k6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Good trainer. But, there's one missing option - no hack for MP of characters. Possible to have a MP hack in the next release?

Merry x'mas to all in this forum.

ryuhosuke

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hmm.. i seem to run into a problem.... When do you have ninja, sage and the last jobs in the game? is it before you fight Unei and Doga or after it? if it is before then my game is corrupted w/o the last jobs

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
You can pick it up after you get the last fang, Before you fight Unei and Doga, you can always pick it up after that fight(that's what I did)

iron2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I tried the save editor but it doesn't work.
The save shows up in its previous state in FF3 but in edited stae in the program.
No sign of auto-saving.

Before editing the filesize is 256KB but after editing its 64KB.
Using EZFlash IV lite.

Is anything wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.