Hacking Thumb strap of old phatDS...

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now that I knew the DSL wouldn't have that thumb strap included in the US and Europe, I kept mine of the old DS. But I heard it scratches the DS Lite's touch screen. Anyone have any experiences?

Darkspark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It sscratched my old DS screen. It will so the same to this. Anyway, it makes the ds look ugly. If you want a strap from a safety perspective since the Lite is very slippery, get one of those white ones that are used for mobile phones. They look much better.

Im liking this one but its a btiexpensive
http://www.blueunplugged.com/Products/Sony....aspx?ptnrSrc=2

If you want to be a bit controversial, this hand strap isnt bad.
http://www.audiocubes.com/product/Sony_PSP...ap_-_White.html

The case isnt too shabby either.

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The point is I don't need it for carrying, I need the thumb thing for playing MPH cause I don't like playing it with stylus.

sage_inferno

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tried a comfort stylus?

nds-comfortstylus.jpg

comfort-stylus.jpg

SkuiD87

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well is you have a black DS, the old strap looks just fine. Mine has the nintendo logo faded out a bit but it still looks cool...Dunno how it would look on a white DS.

pics :

Strap Pic1
Strap Pic2

As for the scratching...I'd advise to get a decent screen protector, I used one on my old DS and my screen was safe from scratches. Gonna get one for my DSLite fairly soon....but right now, my DS thumb strap is just there to look kool.

magx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use a regular DS thumbstrap on my Lite to play Goldeneye, and it's great, much better than stylus control. I have a screen protector on my bottom screen, so no worries about scratching

sage_inferno

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i havent got a clue about where to find the comfort stylus other then linksang wich keeps me from buying it

ive had screen protector on my old ds and they are garbage the stylus is way off with it on screen and the bottom screen was so foggy it almost killed my eyesight.

Nintendo them selves recommend NOT to use screen protectors.

D

Deleted User

i havent got a clue about where to find the comfort stylus other then linksang wich keeps me from buying it

ive had screen protector on my old ds and they are garbage the stylus is way off with it on screen and the bottom screen was so foggy it almost killed my eyesight.

Nintendo them selves recommend NOT to use screen protectors.
i'm just curious, why does liksang keep you from buying it??

slandar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you want the original Nintendo DS one, you could buy it from the source. They sell it for $3.95 USD. I do not know if they have an international store or not.

Nintendo U.S. Online Store

I don't have any experience with it though. I was somewhat irritated that the Lite didn't come with a case, pouch, or wrist strap of any kind when I got it.

-Zach

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.