Hacking through the washing machine, oops.

myclock

Trophies
Website
www.ahg123.com
XP
Country
You know those pens with the plastic thing in the end that you can take out? Anyway, it's a kind of softish plastic. You can heat them up with a cigarette lighter then stick it into a piece of metal until it cools down.

That's how you make a tri-wing screwdriver.

But the screws are down pretty deep on the DS, so you'd have to make something thin enough to fit down that hole.

yeah i knew that you could do that. are you referring to the cap of the pen like the cheap Bic crystal ones?if its softish, the final result would also be soft? rather just get harder material and heat it with the stove
tongue.gif

i tried that today... i had a spare stylus so i was like, meh and i heated it up. popped it in the screw but the indents werent good enough so it ended up not working
frown.gif

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
try leaving it in a tub of rice
smile.gif
im serious...i read somewhere, this guy dropped his blackberry in the swimming pool, so he left it in a tub of rice (raw of course) for 3 days and it absorbed all the moisture,

electronics are generally fine when they are wet, as long as you don't turn it back on!!!

Try dat. Someone at my school said that when he dropped his phone in the lake or something, he blended a couple sponges and lay the parts of his phone disassembled on a bed of sponges. Supposedly soaked up all the moisture. I didn't know if it worked though. Sounds stupid but give a

EDIT: put try at the end of "give it a"

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somehow I think it might be shot. The water issue can easily be addressed by just letting it dry, but since it was a washing machine not a toilet boil just full of water, you're likely to have some soa/softner residue in the ds as well. After drying, I would highly suggest opening that thing up and trying to clean up the mobo. Try using alcohol swabs to remove it, not too much. Also for using a 2mm flat head, you kind to just have to wedge it in two of the idents of the three, and start unscrewing, its what I do. I use a 3/64in screw driver from sears, so its a craftsman, it breaks so often from use, but it has a lifetime warranty. I beleive the first one I got was a 2mm, then they switched to english units. When I calculate the conversion though, 3/64 in is almost 0.80mm smaller, so you might want to find a 3/64in if the 2mm isn't working for you, sorry about the misinformation, I could have sworn I was using a 2mm flathead. Try finding a jewelry store ask if they have something smaller. I'd really suggest cleaning the inside up before you fire it up, or the residue might have created artifical circuits which could totally fry it. Only do it if you're pretty confident in cleaning and taking it apart, lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Penisapiens
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Tempus Bannus
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @cearp, okie dokie i'm sorry
  • cearp @ cearp:
    lol I meant nothing by it - and for the record I have no powers, so no worries :D
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, you're forgiven
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well I don't forgive him. He's been eating ALL the Tempus Bannus's :angry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, it was only once :angry:
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ROFL :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp: