"This Member is Most Active in ___"

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This no longer applies to just EOF tempers, this is now an idea for everyone on the group to get a "user type" of sorts under their avatar to distinguish what kinda member type or where they are the most active. So this applies to everyone who is most active in any section and has some type name like "EOF Temper", but something you can only get after you reach 500 posts and it will change as your percentage rate changes. So if you become more active in the blogs, it will change automatically for that.

New ideas that I think sound better
Argentum Vir said:
I mean, it wouldn't be just EoF, anyone who has a percentage showing the place where the majority of their posts are would have an option.

View profile -> Classic Styled Profile -> Profit

I'm a blogger, so my group would show that I like to post in the blogs.

You post in the NDS section, your group would show that.

I also think that it should be calculated when you hit around 500 posts (like the custom title). You could also just turn it off completely until you post enough for the group you want. Or just a selectable icon and title that anyone could do. Certain groups would be unavailable, and your name wouldn't change colors. In case people confuse you for a staffer.

tj_cool said:
Would probably be easier to make the Most Active forum visible on your posts.

Changing group based on postcount or % of posts in a specific forum is no default function, so has to be custom coded.
QUOTE(CA519705950 @ Mar 9 2011, 04:30 PM)
Maybe it could work through a 'Temper Type' section underneath your avatar based on where you post most.
For example:

Group: Members
wub.gif

Member No.: 264,293
Type: EoF Temper

[title:Old idea]This is now being honest. I went through and noticed that I have a lot of posts in the EOF and in fact it's a large percentage of my posts and thought to myself "How come there isn't a group for people who post in the EOF?"
unsure.gif
I mean looking at the ranks, I thought how about members who have "x" number or "%" amounts of posts should deserve their own group or something to distinguish us out. This is for members who live and thrive in the EOF. Thus are the EOF Tempers.

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I F*****G [censored 'cos of the move] AGREE WITH THIS.
For once Catboy I totally agree with you!
Though I think it should be based on % rather than actual posts. A person can post say 500 times in EoF and never post again but still be considered an EoF Temper. They might not want to carry such a shameful honour anymore (like me in my thread yesterday).
Maybe the title could be 'Unconstructive Assholes'.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
CA519705950 said:
I FUCKING AGREE WITH THIS.
For once Catboy I totally agree with you!
Though I think it should be based on % rather than actual posts. A person can post say 500 times in EoF and never post again but still be considered an EoF Temper. They might not want to carry such a shameful honour anymore (like me in my thread yesterday).
Maybe the title could be 'Unconstructive Assholes'.
I will add that a suggestion

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Argentum Vir said:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showuser=154528&CODE=1337

I'm a blogger apparently. Good idea, but why is this in the EoF? Shouldn't site suggestions suffice?
It was meant to be a joke at first and when I hit the post button it dawned on me that this should be a real suggestion, so made a suggestion for someone to move this thread

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't mind playing a part in this. Though I usually find myself at the EOF for finding a good laugh or two.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Snailface said:
I'll play devil's advocate here. Somebody's gotta do it.

Do you guys think gated communities are good for the temp? How does that promote the love?
frown.gif
I don't think we are really gated. Most EOF tempers are pretty proud of it and honesty I think most of them would empress this idea and if they disagree they could say message someone and be removed from the group.

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Snailface said:
I'll play devil's advocate here. Somebody's gotta do it.

Do you guys think gated communities are good for the temp? How does that promote the love?
frown.gif

GBAtemp already has gated communities... they're just not 'official'. Everyone runs around in their little groups.

QUOTE(The Pi @ Mar 9 2011, 08:29 PM) Nah.

If you're a member you're a member no special groups are needed.
Maybe it could work through a 'Temper Type' section underneath your avatar based on where you post most.
For example:

Group: Members
wub.gif

Member No.: 264,293
Type: EoF Temper

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, it wouldn't be just EoF, anyone who has a percentage showing the place where the majority of their posts are would have an option.

I also think that it should be calculated when you hit around 500 posts (like the custom title). You could also just turn it off completely until you post enough for the group you want. Or just a selectable icon and title that anyone could do. Certain groups would be unavailable, and your name wouldn't change colors. In case people confuse you for a staffer.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Argentum Vir said:

I also think that it should be calculated when you hit around 500 posts (like the custom title).
That's a pretty good idea. So not like a group, but the section you are in the most should be displaced as well like the custom title. I will edit my post to link to this suggestion since I like this one

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Changing group based on postcount or % of posts in a specific forum is no default function, so has to be custom coded.

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentum Vir said:

I also think that it should be calculated when you hit around 500 posts (like the custom title).
I agree Argentum. I don't see how this can do any harm to the community.
That said, I don't see what exactly it would bring to the community, either... except a cool little feature.
If an option could be included in User CP to hide these groups, I don't think anyone could really complain.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
The Pi said:
Nah.

If you're a member you're a member no special groups are needed.
This. I understand people tend to form clicks within the community. But if someone wanted to explore and try new things, their "status" would preclude them from joining certain "privileged" groups. Sounds kinda ugly to me.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
tj_cool said:

That would be a better idea, but like, "Blogger", "EOF Temper" as the title instead of the group

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1