Hardware This is how nintendo will screw it up

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only thing i dont like about homebrew is the constant console updates and gamecard checks and everything, i think it took me an hour to download zelda and system updates the very last time i turned it one when i only wanted to play for about 5mins, it sickened me so much that i havent turned on zelda, yes i was at a public wifi. The NES is a monster console, you just pop in a cart and its on.
At this point you just sound like an old person complaining about new technology and "we had it better back in the day". New tech simply can't and won't run the same as old tech.

Reactions: Langin and gameboy

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why they have auto updates in sleepmode and spotpass. Stop using these things as excuses. You just want to play online on old firmwares to keep exploits.

has nothing to do with exploits, i never played and got rid of my ps4 because of all the downloading shenanigans. i live in an area where the fastest internet speed one can buy is the slowest speed. when the amount of time played is less than the amount logging in, then its just not for me. if all of these checks are used for streaming video services i would be confident enough to call the console dead even without the games or third party bullshiite, because we all know major third party for nintendo doesnt happen until years after console release. looking forward to mario rabbids though and already have it bought.

D

Deleted User

the only thing i dont like about homebrew is the constant console updates and gamecard checks and everything, i think it took me an hour to download zelda and system updates the very last time i turned it one when i only wanted to play for about 5mins, it sickened me so much that i havent turned on zelda, yes i was at a public wifi. The NES is a monster console, you just pop in a cart and its on.
I too, can also just pop a cart into the Switch and away I play, so that point is moot. If it took an hour for system updates and for zelda, that's your internet being slow, nothing more, nothing less.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has nothing to do with exploits, i never played and got rid of my ps4 because of all the downloading shenanigans. i live in an area where the fastest internet speed one can buy is the slowest speed. when the amount of time played is less than the amount logging in, then its just not for me. if all of these checks are used for streaming video services i would be confident enough to call the console dead even without the games or third party bullshiite, because we all know major third party for nintendo doesnt happen until years after console release. looking forward to mario rabbids though and already have it bought.
You keep avoiding the fact that sleep mode and auto updates, you should be updated by the next time you play. Especially since you never play. All that time to dl while you aren't playing. You are lying, and need to admit it.

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone using a video game console to watch YouTube or Netflix has a problem.

most people i know only use their video game console mostly to watch youtube and netflix amazon etc (ps4 xb1). My 3ds is my main youtube and netflix console at night. The wiiu had some SERIOUS issues with netflix and youtube also. Keep in mind that not everyone owns a chromecast, ps4 or xb1. I myself only have a Nintendo Switch as a main "HOME" console, NO microsoft xFlops or updatestation by sony.

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firestick are 40 dollars. You can get one. And never worry about firmware updates needed for online streams. But I don't get if your Internet is that bad, how you stream to begin with. Somethings amiss, and it's that you just want exploits but won't admit it.

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just read his other posts. It's 100 percent that he wants exploits. He's just making a social injustice post with blabbering to say he just doesn't wanna spend time updating. He wants to play Splatoon 2 without losing exploits.

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firestick are 40 dollars. You can get one. And never worry about firmware updates needed for online streams. But I don't get if your Internet is that bad, how you stream to begin with. Somethings amiss, and it's that you just want exploits but won't admit it.

Or there is something called a PC lol. Also is it even possible to watch anything in 240p?

yes netflix works good on 3ds surprisingly, and you guys keep refering to exploits like its the only thing when its not. For example, i turn on pokemon ruby to do some mystery trades, update pop up, NOPE you cant trade a simple pokemon because you need to take thirty minutes to update because our servers are way too slow. that stuff just bothers me. when i look at some of the stuff nintendo "might" do it reminds me of the vita and wiiu, the two worst systems of all time to operate.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OR KODI problem solved :P
He claims it takes forever to dl updates cuz shit internet.....but he can play online, stream hd movies........if his Internet is really shit, kodi wouldn't even stream anything remotely viewable lol. But then again, he's just making up stuff.

He already said he bought a new switch and returned the old one that he accidently hit update on, because he was impatiently trying to get into Splatoon 2 online without updating to stay on a firmware that's (known) exploitable.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yes netflix works good on 3ds surprisingly, and you guys keep refering to exploits like its the only thing when its not. For example, i turn on pokemon ruby to do some mystery trades, update pop up, NOPE you cant trade a simple pokemon because you need to take thirty minutes to update because our servers are way too slow. that stuff just bothers me. when i look at some of the stuff nintendo "might" do it reminds me of the vita and wiiu, the two worst systems of all time to operate.
So TURN ON AUTO UPDATES and spotpass and all that crap. you will be updated before you play. If you try to make an excuse for that. You are lying. That's the POINT OF SLEEP MODE AND AUTO UPDATES.

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He claims it takes forever to dl updates cuz shit internet.....but he can play online, stream hd movies........if his Internet is really shit, kodi wouldn't even stream anything remotely viewable lol. But then again, he's just making up stuff.

He already said he bought a new switch and returned the old one that he accidently hit update on, because he was impatiently trying to get into Splatoon 2 online without updating to stay on a firmware that's (known) exploitable.

and here's the thing about that, when i think of exploits i think of the early xbox homebrew where you were able to use different media players that werent on system, i think of homebrew like the ps3 movian or system fan control to play media files that sony advertanly left unplayable. When you guys think about "homebrew" you guys think of pirating the crap out of games which is not so much homebrew. when i think of homebrew i think of people putting splatnet on the console itself instead of having it talk to a phone (wtf is that bs)

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and here's the thing about that, when i think of exploits i think of the early xbox homebrew where you were able to use different media players that werent on system, i think of homebrew like the ps3 movian or system fan control to play media files that sony advertanly left unplayable. When you guys think about "homebrew" you guys think of pirating the crap out of games which is not so much homebrew. when i think of homebrew i think of people putting splatnet on the console itself instead of having it talk to a phone (wtf is that bs)
You keep proving my point by ignoring the fact that your biggest complaint all systems have a fix for. It's called automatic updates and sleep mode. But you ignore it because you refuse to turn them BACK on (they are default on on all consoles). And why do you do this? Oh yes......exploits.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You also pretended today that you somehow found a 1.0 firmware switch at gamestop.com today. Which is impossible. It would have had an updated fw on it. But hey. It's nice to pretend.

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You also pretended today that you somehow found a 1.0 firmware switch at gamestop.com today. Which is impossible. It would have had an updated fw on it. But hey. It's nice to pretend.

Yes i documented the switch i bought INstore on this site which was in fact a 1.0.0 switch, if you had one that had a fw update it was probably refurbished and sold a new. i then updated with splatoon2 and documented the fw for it too. Now if you want to talk homebrew the best homebrew for 3ds is the one where it unlocks the full potential of the n3ds clock speeds, who would not want that for the switch.

What im talking about are the potential un-needed seconds or minutes they take away of my life when i try to just do something simple. I already pointed at the wiiu and the vita as great examples of how the interface was too screwy, i just hope that the switch will keep things super simple but i dont see that anymore because of "exploits". The same thing happened with the 3ds when the n3ds came out when they introduced themes, this actually slowed down the interface by a ton of seconds on the o3ds. it made me get rid of my o3dsxl

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already pointed out 5 times that if you had automatic updates on and did not turn them off, you would never have your made up problem.

And new switches come on farther along firmware. You are just a typing lying machine now. If it wasn't, no games would have updates on em yet (but they do). Just stop.

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already pointed out 5 times that if you had automatic updates on and did not turn them off, you would never have your made up problem.

And new switches come on farther along firmware. You are just a typing lying machine now. If it wasn't, no games would have updates on em yet (but they do). Just stop.

i suggest you read the original post, and turning off auto updates wont do anything because when it comes time to play a game it would accumulate to a huge amount of time before said game can be played, i already used zelda's dlc update and fw update as an example of how it could be bad in portable mode, there was no warning as to how large they were. plus imagine your in a car using a hotspot, you turn on spatoon and it needs an update, that update is gonna take time you would rather be playing the actually game during travel, so you say eff this im gonna turn on my switches netflix and then you get stuck having to wait still. its not a good thing, ive had this happen numerous times on un-exploited o3ds and i wanted to just throw it out or smash it right there.

darkaxe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
At first I thought you were complaining about how you need to be up to date on firmware to access third party apps but I think you are just complaining about how slow your Internet access is and blaming the console and games for having updates. If all you have available is a crappy connection or a slow hotspot, why are you trying to stream or online play in the first place? I know you said in the original post that you were talking of handheld, but let's be real, unless you are on the road for months at a time, every day when you get back to your home the switch is gonna connect to your home network and if it's configured correctly it will update everything while you are not using it. So it's gonna be ready for you to go play Splatoon on a crappy public wifi so you can then complain about how laggy servers are and that online is unplayable on the console in handheld mode.

JellyPerson

https://discord.gg/BMVma8j
Banned
Trophies
Website
https.htp
XP
Country
Korea, North
tenor.gif

I can share

D

Deleted User

Anyone using a video game console to watch YouTube or Netflix has a problem.
Not strictly. ps3 Youtube and Netflix did me well for YEARS when I had people over. Not everyone has a HTPC, infact, I'd find the console one's easier to use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/4l3lyXcUDkI?feature=shared&t=43