Hardware This is how nintendo will screw it up

tri_fin

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, that's pretty common. You need to start manufacturing hardware (or discs, if we're talking about games with day1 patches) months in advance to get enough units to the shops on launch day. Therefore, while the first models are being produced, the devs still work on the software, which then leads to a day1 patch. I'm pretty sure most current consoles (and even most current games with physical distribution) did that.

Now I am lost. I agree many new devices seem to come with a Day 1 update and that doesn't seem to be a good thing or am I missing something?

Are you saying old tech better than new? Or new better than old? Is a day 1 update a good thing or a bad thing?

wvsgnovize

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you saying old tech better than new? Or new better than old? Is a day 1 update a good thing or a bad thing?
By default, a day one update is neither good or bad; it's simply practial. What may be bad is how a dev handles such an update. If your day1 patch is just a few megabytes, because all it does is fix some bugs in the code, than that is great. If your day1 patch for a 10GB game is 8GB, then the devs have screwed up.
Same is with new vs. old tech; you can't generalize that one is better than the other. There's awesome old stuff (like, ray tube radios; gotta love those things!) and there's crap; same with new tech.

tri_fin

Trophies
XP
Country
I think with the Switch and it's minimal feature list and minimal game catalogue a day one bug fix was poor.

Also there is nothing grim about saying that you don't really need a Switch - it's just being real. And they really aren't made that well - it's only a console I wouldn't expect it to be. And please don't take that out of context - I like it loads and am happy with it. It's still unnecessary junk.

wvsgnovize

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also there is nothing grim about saying that you don't really need a Switch
I was referring to your general statement that both old and new tech is garbage.

Also, the day1 update for the switch wasn't a bugfix update. It also added new features.

tri_fin

Trophies
XP
Country
I was referring to your general statement that both old and new tech is garbage.

Also, the day1 update for the switch wasn't a bugfix update. It also added new features.

OK.

my nes still works flawlessly, all original parts. same with the gameboys. my iphone didnt last three months, just broke on its own

All my Gameboys still work fine, as does my Gamecube and neither ever had an update - nor did any of their games. My last two (different model) iPhones stopped working and my previous Xperia became crippled by updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://onexplayerstore.com/products/onexplayer-x1-amd-ryzen%E2%84%A2-7-8840u-10-95-3-in-1-gaming...