Thinking of installing Linux

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And why do all these FOSS guys look like freaks, anthony town + shuttleworth = abomination of God

Eric Raymond is the real freak. Fruitcake to the max.

Esr.jpg

Mommy, I'm scared.

"Other than his computing interests, Raymond is an avowed anarcho-capitalist and supporter of the Libertarian Party. He is known to have strong interests in science fiction and firearms, is an enthusiastic amateur musician, and claims to have a black belt in taekwondo. He is an advocate of the Second Amendment right to bear arms[1] and supported the 2003 invasion of Iraq. Raymond identifies himself religiously as a neopagan[2], is an initiate witch and coven leader.[3]" - Wikipedia

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
add to that racist fucker

oh god he casts spells to further the development of the linux kernel

dont get what your trying to say

He's part of a satanic colt, he reminds me of that squirrelly guy from Office Space. E-e-e-e-ex-cuse m-m-me I thi-think you have my stapler.

Edit:
Wow! I can't believe I did that. Oh well, I blame it on a fever coupled with a headache, courtesy of doctor Strep Throat.

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Its weird that he is republican but also a neo-pagan.
He also asserts his racial hatred then talks about FOSS, isnt that hypocritical.
Richard Stallman is the best FOSS advocate, at least he lives by what he preaches

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ubuntu to start with.

Gaming in linux, don't go in expecting greatness. Although I was happy enough with Enemy Territory and the original (and still the greatest) Unreal Tournament working.

I absolutely love having linux around just incase anything happens to my xp install.

Oh and The Gimp will take care of your image editing needs. Although I haven't gotten used to it yet. Still a photoshop lover : D

7llusion

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I see why I should dual-boot, even if I have Vista only allows me to surf the internet to buy a new key.
Can somebody explain how to build a file, I've tried the terminal and root terminal but I can't get anything to work.
I've done this:
Made a new folder on desktop called My documents
then inside it I've got the ndiswrapper directory, but no succes in building the file following the instructions.
I' trying to install this driver:
http://www.3com.com/products/en_US/result....4G72&order=desc
If someone here feels like helping me, please try to help
wink.gif

Illusion
PS:Google didn't help me this time
EDIT:It seems that I am not the owner of the system, ubuntu only allows e to read files, I've tried changing the permission in propriteties, but nothing worked...

Dranzer

Rom-Source Admin/Rep
Trophies
Website
www.Rom-Source.com
XP
Country
United States
If you want a easy all around Linux distro.. Use Mandrake.. It does everything for you.. Especially if you dont know what your getting yourself into if its your first time using Linux

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.