Gaming Thinking about upgrading to DSi

coldhunter77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long story short, I did something wrong while trying to repair my DS Lite and now I'm wondering if I should get a DSi or get another DS Lite.
I've seen some sites advertise $10 more for a DSi so I figured why not.

Does DSi have any blocks on flash cards (I currently own an Acekard 2i and R4) or have any updates that would hinder my gaming?
If not then I'll get it unless somebody has something to say about it otherwise o_o

--Thanks

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
Long story short, I did something wrong while trying to repair my DS Lite and now I'm wondering if I should get a DSi or get another DS Lite.
I've seen some sites advertise $10 more for a DSi so I figured why not.

Does DSi have any blocks on flash cards (I currently own an Acekard 2i and R4)

--Thanks

Your Acekard 2i will work on a DSi. They Do block the carts with updates but if the cards up-datable than it should be ok.

qweasd123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My DS Lite's upper screen is working worse and worse with every day so I had the same dilemma - new DS Lite or DSi.
Then I've noticed that DS Lite is no more produced and it's hard to buy original Lite. There are only Chinese refurbs.
So I've bought DSi. I should have it next week.

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An R4 will not work on a DSi, but the Acekard 2i will. If you're planning on updating, you should not rule out the 3DS as saberjoy suggested. Also, bear in mind that neither the DSi nor the 3DS have a slot-2 (if this is an interest to your current gaming needs.)

coldhunter77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i suggest you should get a 3ds, but not if you mind the blurriness when playing ds games

I'm waiting till they make an upgrade of the 3ds. 4hrs of game play and not being able to use any flash cards that work with 3ds games is a big turn off for me.

Just got it today, hopefully DSi firmware won't cause any problems, just updated to newest firmware on my AK2i :D

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't get it why people want to wait until the 3DS is upgraded in order to buy it... If the battery is teh issue there's some stronger batteries available to buy for the 3DS

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it why people want to wait until the 3DS is upgraded in order to buy it... If the battery is teh issue there's some stronger batteries available to buy for the 3DS

They're waiting until the flash carts are updated so that they can play 3DS roms. The battery can't be the problem, since I have a 3DS and the battery wasn't any problem after I turned down the brightness and turned on power-saving mode . :sleep:

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, there are no advantages that a DSi has over the 3DS, so why not just get a 3DS?

You'll still have access to DSiWare + new 3D classics and new 3D downloadable games. Also you can register a new 3DS for 160 Nintendo points which can be used to buy another DSiWare game for free.

Getting a DSi now of all times is like going from iPhone to iphone 3, while ignoring 4S's existence

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr