Hacking Think there'll be another gen of DS cards?

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering whether you think there's likely to be another generation of DS-card product line being released before the DS rides off into the sunset, or if the current lineup on the market is the 'climax' of DS flashcarts. The R4, M3Simply, G6Real, and even the SCDS1 are all doing a pretty slick job of running DS backups, homebrew, and performing functions that previous DS carts couldn't do. The tweaking now is in firmware revisions. It's always possible that improvements in hardware could be made, but would it be worth it to the manufacturers to tool-up for another product revision? Unless they could pull something fantastic out of their butts to inspire all the R4/M3Simply/G6R/SCDS1 owners to upgrade to a new product once again, I'm not sure it would be worth their while. So, ya think there is anything left up the sleeves of the folks at R4/Supercard/China Inc. ???

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Hm, comparing it to the GBA cart timeline I think they've already done most of the obvious physical stuff (flush fitting, using external memory cards). The only hardware revision I can think of would be support for larger capacity, high-speed memory cards. I doubt many people will bother.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the immediate future, the only advancement I predict is more SDHC carts. Maybe a cart with its own ram for GBA games in the future

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think the only thing they could do would be to have larger capacity support or some sort of insane breakthrough like the GBA support on Slot 1 (will probably never happen).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @Xdqwerty +2