Things you recently bought or got

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was on a lightning deal, quality is "ok", feels a bit cheap in areas mainly the shackle body, but $41 for a u lock + folding lock + braided steel cable, its a pretty good deal
Might update the u lock later on for a kryptonite evo, wouldnt bother with the keeper or the kryptolock, metal is too soft

Untitled568.png

6ZSpRzj.jpg

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yeah that original designers really screw up things:
1689455538191.png
1689455551814.png

The case have 2 bays for Optical units but the frontal panel uses one of the bays for the frontal panel of USB connectors, earphone, power and hdd leds and reset button. so one of my optical drives can not be used :nayps3:

The USB 3.0 on front is only one port but the connector uses both set of pins so had to extend the hole for a dual USB 3.0 ports.

Also the internal fans have a strip of blue LEDs so a snip of knife to get away of them.

After 4 hours of dremel, self curing Acrylic powder and a few profanities now the PC is running again.
1689456093702.png

Next project put the other optical drive on an external case using eSATA cables. something nice is the case having a excellent cable management hidding it on the back of main board so the internals looks like no cables at all.
Post automatically merged:

By the way Monday I did buy this disk on amazon:
1689459283472.png

And just arrive at the moment I was about to close the case, so put the disk on tower right immediately.

8TB for 50 USD and 3 years of warranty, obviously was used but used on AWS Datacenter, "Re-certified" by Amazon and still have warranty from WD.

Is a Ultrastar HelioSeal, Is a sealed disk filled with Helium so theoretically have better performance. So, Starting my backup of data right now.

Last edited by impeeza,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Next project put the other optical drive on an external case using eSATA cables.
Just another LG? I don't really like them. BH16NS40 or BH16NS55 with low firmware are nice though (:creep:)

Also the internal fans have a strip of blue LEDs
🤦‍♀️
When buying my big computer it came with illuminated fans to my surprise.
I was back at the computer shop minutes later and returned the fans. They simply replaced them with normal ones and told me: "Somebody will be happy to buy them"

So, Starting my backup of data right now.
That is what I wanted to read → ^_^

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Just another LG? I don't really like them. BH16NS40 or BH16NS55 with low firmware are nice though (:creep:)

🤦‍♀️
When buying my big computer it came with illuminated fans to my surprise.
I was back at the computer shop minutes later and returned the fans. They simply replaced them with normal ones and told me: "Somebody will be happy to buy them"

That is what I wanted to read → ^_^
4 TB Taked 6 hours. Now to sleep

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ordered 3 SD BB Gunda kits for my nephew. He was interested in building some with me and I figure those would be good for a 9 year old.

Anyways, that's 3 kids I ordered for him were a Deathscythe Hell EW, a Gundam Aerial amd a RX-78-2. All are SD( Super deformed).

I might keep the Deathscythe for me cause the Gundam's from the Gundam Wing series are my favorite, and would give him a more easier HG kit for him to do.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got this absolute UNIT of a controller today:

1689593796844.jpeg

Got something to use with it coming tomorrow... My holy grail may be fast approaching!

The grip itself is... Honestly, better than I was expecting. Got some decent depth to hold comfortably and the buttons feel good. Triggers are a bit gritty, and the analogue stick clicks are the shallowest I've ever come across, but if it does indeed work with an iPad mini 4 running iOS 9, this might just be the best way to legally play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

I shall post an update tomorrow.

Edit:
oh my god it works with my iOS 9 iPhone 6 Plus. If the iPad mini 4 is what it should be, I'm in business.

1689594202121.jpeg

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Got my C64 video cable that offers s-video, composite, and audio (dual mono) all in one cable. I can now hook this thing up to both of my TVs and get the best quality for either. I can also now wire the audio directly into my stereo which means a sizable bump in fidelity there as well. The chiptunes never sounded better.
IMG_20230717_173818420.jpg

Xtar PB2SL (same as the PB2S, just a newer revision that can take 21700 protected). Powerbank/charger with replaceable cells.
That is a pretty cool idea, I didn't even know they make them with replaceable cells. Guess my next powerbank might be one like that as well then.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought a Coca Cola coin can for $1.50 and I really like how it looks (went there on Saturday and I'm glad no one bought it), plus it can be opened without damaging it. :)

71AvMYAXDGL.jpg

Imagine you save $2 every month, that's $730 at the end of the year. Or $5 per month, that's $1825.

I wish my parents had given me a money box when I was a kid and $0.50 or $1 every month to insert.

By the way, also went to Burger King and was pretty satisfied as a whole although I know that type of food isn't very healthy.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is just too cruel....

1689683921601.png

Runs great, looks great....... But the controller doesn't liike it. Given it was happy with my iOS 9.something iPhone 6 Plus, I'm going to assume 9.0 is just too low a firmware for it ;______;

Tried jailbreaking it too to see if I could work around it, but the Pangu9 app isn't working. Not my day.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just too cruel....

View attachment 383897

Runs great, looks great....... But the controller doesn't liike it. Given it was happy with my iOS 9.something iPhone 6 Plus, I'm going to assume 9.0 is just too low a firmware for it ;______;

Tried jailbreaking it too to see if I could work around it, but the Pangu9 app isn't working. Not my day.
Isn’t this game also available for PSP? I know it doesn’t have the display size of an iPad, but it’s at least a legal way to play it.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Isn’t this game also available for PSP? I know it doesn’t have the display size of an iPad, but it’s at least a legal way to play it.
It is, but I own the iOS version and I’ll be damned if I can’t play it lol.

I also just find it cool there’s an official HD release for the game. I know I could just emulate on PC and it’ll be better, but the sadist in me wants a 100+ hour iOS file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...