Things you recently bought or got

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had this delivered. I had already bought a scalped one (haven't received it yet), but I managed to pick up one from target's website. I stayed up until 2:00 in the morning 'til they came online for order last Friday, and I managed to get one. now, I just need to sell the scalped one:

20210216_133055.jpg

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hooked up the system and downloaded all save data and linked my nintendo account (comes with 10.2 firmware iirc). I just need to put on a screen protector (have lots of 'em) and buy a new 1TB micro sd card. I have 139 digital games in total with 200GBs left of space. that's more games than I thought it would hold actually. :D anyway, first impressions is that there's too much red. the joy cons, switch, and dock are completely red. I didn't look for the grip, but that might add some blue. and, I think the wrist straps have some gold on them. I usually use the wrist straps when playing with the joy cons after having dropped one of the joy cons with my first switch. luckily, it only fell on the carpet. the pouch is also red with some graphics on it. ah, too much red!

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep I would have liked to see 2 versions, with opposite schemes, blue where red is and vise versa...still cool tho.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I hooked up the system and downloaded all save data and linked my nintendo account (comes with 10.2 firmware iirc). I just need to put on a screen protector (have lots of 'em) and buy a new 1TB micro sd card. I have 139 digital games in total with 200GBs left of space. that's more games than I thought it would hold actually. :D anyway, first impressions is that there's too much red. the joy cons, switch, and dock are completely red. I didn't look for the grip, but that might add some blue. and, I think the wrist straps have some gold on them. I usually use the wrist straps when playing with the joy cons after having dropped one of the joy cons with my first switch. luckily, it only fell on the carpet. the pouch is also red with some graphics on it. ah, too much red!
Question is....do the joy-cons come pre-installed with drift? :rofl2:

Last edited by BigOnYa,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't notice any drift, but I haven't had joy con drift with any of my systems. however, I only use joy cons with odyssey. I used them to go through the settings stuff on the Mario switch though. I didn't notice anything then. I synced my pro controller to it, so I put the joy cons on the switch, probably won't be used again.

ladypoodle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that one have rumble or is it like the DemonXWhatever one?
Daemon X Machina? Yeah it's similar to it. No rumble or gyro, just plain split controller. I'm actually okay without the features though.

bADnE5B.jpg
This arrived last night around 9:30. No doorbell rang and thought we were asleep, then was notified that the parcel is just outside the door. I'mma try this out once I'm all done on cleaning up the boxes.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My repros of Metroid Fusion and Dragon Quest Caravan Heart for gba came today. I added pictures of the carts and the pcbs, I also added pictures of my mother 3 repro.

They work and play fine, but the plastic carts definitely feel cheaper than my mother 3 repro cart. Also the reason I got colored cartridges is to know that they are repros.
e3b8d755f37e664a924e7c5b41ce2090.jpg
4919422ec85c1ed13020b66e36b7f51f.jpg
7b0cbb32c7a995d46e24b51d7b293e08.jpg
5ef3c213de1cfc68238fa8d773276285.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Reactions: Alexander1970

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
My copy of Persona 5 Strikers on PS4 just showed up in the mail. Apparently nobody told ShopTo that the 4 days early access is for the digital deluxe edition only. No complaints from me, time to reunite the Phantom Thieves.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bought a couple more gba repros, a flashboy cyclone 3.2 and some more female usb c to male mini usb cables.

The flashboy cyclone is a clone of the gbxcart rw. Basically it lets you rip your saves and roms off of your gameboy, gameboy color and gameboy advance games. It also lets you reprogram some reproduction game carts.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Last edited by dragonblood9999,

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some more accessories for the new phone
Charging pad, did run into a small problem with that as the connector on it was microusb, and my 25w fast charger only has usbc on it, I found a qc 2.0 netgear adapter that had usb a output so I can get the full 10w fast wireless charging on the pad
Charges it fine with the spigen case on it.

and wireless earbuds with anc, I have to say for $40 these thing are pretty nice, 7 hour runtime + 28 hours with the case (with anc on is only 4-5 hours), sound just like the included akg headphones that came with the phone.
I did test the anc and it does indeed work, just tried it with a fan and vacuum cleaner and it did significantly reduce the noise.
But at this price point they have to remove a few things, case isnt wireless charger compatible, lacks cvc 8.0, no qualcomm chipset for aptx, only ipx5 rated (instead of 6 or 7), no in ear detection, and master (right earpod) /slave (left earpod) setup for them which means only the right one can be used in mono mode
and just some general complaints for these earbuds: touch controls are wonky when it comes to multi tap commands (the play/pause and anc on/off touch commands work fine though), it also has no volume up or down (all aukey earbuds dont have this)

clul7hH.jpg

5hZskf8.png

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
With the recent surge in used GPU prices again on eBay, I decided to sell off my 1070 that I had sitting in a box for some nice cash, and also have been buying and reselling RX 580s for some decent profit between Reddit and eBay (Because holy shit people are legit paying $400 for 580s on eBay right now :lol:)...

So I decided to order an Oculus Quest 2. I've been wanting to get back into VR lately, but my current PC setup just doesn't have the room to accommodate the wired length my old Acer WMR headset I bought ages ago has, and the Quest is basically the only good alternative "wireless" headset right now (even though I hate the Facebook requirement :gun:) so figured I'd at least give it a try. Worst case I don't like it and it gets returned, best case it works well enough and I can enjoy VR without being limited to the tiny space my desktop is in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: you are a product of my imagination