Things you recently bought or got

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and a new case, its not a bad case but I feel like maybe I should have sprung for the otterbox commuter, but all the broken backplate reviews for it turned me a bit off for the otterbox.
The rubber is a bit stiff (at least compared to my commuter s3), and the raised lips on the top and bottom are minimal (enough room to slide a credit card between the glass and surface, thats about it)
I like the kickstand and color though, the buttons also feel pretty nice

kbPx0EB.png

l6SbTUP.jpg

Last edited by Joe88,

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
and a new case, its not a bad case but I feel like maybe I should have sprung for the otterbox commuter, but all the broken backplate reviews for it turned me a bit off for the otterbox.
The rubber is a bit stiff (at least compared to my commuter s3), and the raised lips on the top and bottom are minimal (enough room to slide a credit card between the glass and surface, thats about it)
I like the kickstand and color though, the buttons also feel pretty nice

kbPx0EB.png

l6SbTUP.jpg
I got the same case for my s10+ except it has a hidden, and I use that lightly, card holder that I use for my bus pass. Also check out unicorn beetle cases. They are similar to otterbox cases and cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
d65968709c7570d27fddec38d94badd8.jpg

Last edited by dragonblood9999,

The_Monado_Satyr

Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
United States
I rebought Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen on pc after getting it on switch love it but think its too short like xenoblade x where i do random bullshit and somehow I'm at chapter 7. love it but hate how they did the button style. press b to talk, then press x to gift, it closes the text window, press b it doesn't reg because they put a cooldown on it for some reason and then attacked my beloved and get thrown in jail for bad design choices repeat. other than that dbd sucks now
367500_screenshots_20210213153440_1.jpg

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Bought a cheapo kitchen knife set, to replace the cheapo kitchen knife set I bought when I first moved in :lol:

And my wife bought me a new backpack to replace the old NES controller styled one I impulse bought ages ago. Our latest cat addition to the house has decided that bag would be a great place to pee for some reason, despite having two easily accessible litter boxes, so she decided to buy me a new one instead of washing the NES one a bunch and ruining the decals and stuff.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Not gaming related but my new toy since I'm back to being front room DJ.....

View attachment 245929

Sold my Technics 1210s years ago and regretted it ever since i stopped DJing but these are great. MP3 mixing and a fraction of the price of CDJ1000/2000s!
Nice!! I love DJing, but the thing I find most difficult is having songs to actually play / practice with. The stuff in my music library (I mean my personal library) is not very well suited to DJ stuff. Now of course I could just check the top lists on streaming services to see what's popular right now but.. yeah. :P

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice!! I love DJing, but the thing I find most difficult is having songs to actually play / practice with. The stuff in my music library (I mean my personal library) is not very well suited to DJ stuff. Now of course I could just check the top lists on streaming services to see what's popular right now but.. yeah. :P
What kinda tunes do you like? I still have a lot of my old vinyl that I ripped to mp3 back in the day but it's all oldskool hardcore, techno, trance and a few housey numbers! I'm an old raver!

This kit is actually from 2012 and can be used as a controller for virtual DJ but I adore the fact you can pop a usb stick in with my full library and just go! Can take them anywhere. So simple and so responsive for scratching.

Reactions: Issac

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What kinda tunes do you like? I still have a lot of my old vinyl that I ripped to mp3 back in the day but it's all oldskool hardcore, techno, trance and a few housey numbers! I'm an old raver!

This kit is actually from 2012 and can be used as a controller for virtual DJ but I adore the fact you can pop a usb stick in with my full library and just go! Can take them anywhere. So simple and so responsive for scratching.
My personal library is full with *everything* Downtempo, jazz, dubstep (the real UK stuff), metal, rock, pop, hip hop, emo, screamo, math rock, progressive, jpop... :P I like pretty much everything.

BUT, it's not the greatest for practising beatmatching and stuff.

For DJing i like to do pretty modern, dancefloor stuff, and like to mix in some jazzy dubstep and a bit of a chill vibe. I'm a noob though, and have a Numark Mixtrack pro 2 :D

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Numark make quality stuff. Iirc their direct drive turntable was the only deck to knock Technics off the top spot for the first time in over a decade and their cd decks have always had good reviews.

Yours look very similar to the Pioneer ddj 200/400 controllers. Do you use them with vDJ or Serato?

Hip hop is good to DJ with, especially the instrumental versions. I was taught to beat juggle hip hop by a guy who got to the finals of the dmc championship in the early 2000s. DJ Bunty, really good guy, very funny and an amazing scratch artist. The dmc's are great for inspiration on mixing different styles and creative scratching.

Reactions: Issac

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Numark make quality stuff. Iirc their direct drive turntable was the only deck to knock Technics off the top spot for the first time in over a decade and their cd decks have always had good reviews.

Yours look very similar to the Pioneer ddj 200/400 controllers. Do you use them with vDJ or Serato?

Hip hop is good to DJ with, especially the instrumental versions. I was taught to beat juggle hip hop by a guy who got to the finals of the dmc championship in the early 2000s. DJ Bunty, really good guy, very funny and an amazing scratch artist. The dmc's are great for inspiration on mixing different styles and creative scratching.
Yeah it's a nice and affordable newbie controller. Actually, my record player is a numark too :P
Anyway, I use them with both vDJ and Serato, the free versions. I have still to decide which I like best.

Yeah, instrumental versions should be really good - I wish I had the acapella version of one of the hip hop songs in my library because I wanna make a mashup with another tune (from hotline miami).
Every time I hear it, i start thinking of the hip hop song, it fits so good. But it just doesn't exist.

OH WELL :P We're off-topicing ;)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Decided to upgrade my B450 mobo to B550, in preparation for my eventually upgrade to a Zen 3 CPU...a year or two from now :lol: So ordered this: https://www.newegg.com/asus-tuf-gaming-b550-plus/p/N82E16813119313R < Never had any real issues with Newegg open box stuff, so opted for this one with nice 2.5GB LAN plus full sized ATX over the mATX in my PC now.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
a nintendo switch not with much games yet, but it'll come
grey/black latest model.
with up-to-date fw so, will have to wait for a good exploit for some time (i will not ever put a SW mod chip, in it, i don't like that idea)

Reactions: Alexander1970

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That water bottle is pretty cute.

I ordered a new SL/SR/sync buttons PCB for one of my Joy-Cons because the flex cable was snapped. Was fitting metal latches into my old neon Joy-Cons, to stop the right one flying out of the Ring-Con :rofl: and discovered the broken cable, which explains why the lights and sync button hadn't been working. I only started using these Joy-Cons again recently since getting the Ring Fit, and had forgotten that I'd swapped that little PCB with the one in my green d-pad Joy-Con which has been in constant use, after the flex cable broke ages ago when I replaced the joystick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wsm5y07qDs