Hacking There is no Web Browser that work only with R4?

pwnazar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, i've just bought a R4 DS, an it is fu***** awesome!! And i leave here my question, there is any Web Browser to work on the R4, only using him and without the need of any Slot 2 cart? I know that the Ds Browser Opera only work with this, but can we hope to get a patch to run only in R4?

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To be honest though, if you're near a Wifi spot, you're also near a computer
smile.gif

edit: just remembered some macdonalds have Nintendo Wifi... but then again, why would you wanna browse the internet in macdonalds? infact, why would you want to goto macdonalds in the first place?
blink.gif

zatelli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
It isn't something specific to the R4, the Opera browser needs a lot of memory to run & the RAM expansion which is 32MB adds up to the DS built-in 4 MB of RAM in order to run that browser. A homebrew application which goes by the codename: Okiwi, should allow you to browse the internet for free. Supposedly, its developer should release a demo shortly.
I think it should be smart to buy the real browser or wait for a third party RAM pack as it's apossible that future games might take advantage of said ram cart.

pwnazar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, thanks to all, in fact i have a GBA Slot 1 flash cart, it is the XG Flash 2 with Slim Loader III with 128Mb cart. Can i use it to run the DS Browser?

kirra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any third party RAM expansion paks planned? I know Ewin made a rumble one, I wonder if they'll make a RAM one...

N3CR0P57

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
To be honest though, if you're near a Wifi spot, you're also near a computer
smile.gif

edit: just remembered some macdonalds have Nintendo Wifi... but then again, why would you wanna browse the internet in macdonalds? infact, why would you want to goto macdonalds in the first place?Â
blink.gif

True, but....... My PC isn't in my garage when I'm working on my motorcycle,............My PC isn't in my bedroom when I'm lying in bed,.............My PC isn't in the bathroom when i'm taking a dump. You get the picture

And why would I go to McDonalds? Mmmmmmmmmmm, McDeli sandwich, Mmmmmmmmm.

I sure wish someone would crack opera for use with the xgflash (I tried it with my xgflash 256 and had no luck)

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I suppose it has its niche markets... for those toilet swelling DS users
wink.gif

Anyways $10 for RAM expansion, that's dead cheap?! Hope it won't need a patch and runs like the original hardware. No words on estimated release though I guess?

pwnazar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I`ve allready have a Sony Vaio Notebook, but i dont bring it arround with me all the time, the fact for having a web browser on the DS is to view your email, news and stuff in any place with a small device. Thats is the key, i wont be surfing on the internet for hour using a Ds. Get the picture?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan