TheFlow manages to activate debug settings on PlayStation 5, no ETA on a release

Playstation-5@2000x1270-696x442.jpg

TheFlow has managed to shake up the PlayStation hacking scene with just a single screenshot. If you're aware of TheFlow, you'll know that he's known for a variety of homebrew projects, especially centered around the PlayStation Vita, with noteworthy releases consisting of a PlayStation 4 OFW 7.55 exploit, a port of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas to the Vita, h-encore, Adrenaline, and VitaShell for the Vita. Now he's set his sights on a new PlayStation system, because posted today on his Twitter account was a picture of a PS5's settings menu, with a special option that's normally not seen: Debug Settings. Presumably, this means TheFlow has found an exploit for the PlayStation 5, but before you get your hopes up, there are no plans for this to be disclosed, and no ETA for a release. Still, it's quite interesting to see.

:discuss: Discussion Thread

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
So there's a kernel exploit for ps5 huh.
I know Sleirsgoevy has a webkit exploit for Ps4 9.0 and Ps5 too, and the Ps4 and Ps5 scene was waiting for the kernel exploits.

Looks like I will buy a Ps5 after all.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheFlow hates the scene and homebrew communities. He'll probably never release anything to the public again.
yeah, that's what I'm thinking. someone called him a sell out for disclosing his original exploit to sony, but if I had the skills to hack the ps4 or 5, I would've done the same thing. most of the people in the scene are pirates who contribute nothing anyway.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you ask you will certainly get a block. theflow doesn't handle ideas well when it comes to socializing. it blocks even important people from your own friends area. I had two accounts that he blocked me, then other hacker friends said he is like that, kind of autistic.
I'm kinda the same way. sometimes I put people on my ignore list too quickly. he may be autistic, but he's also one of the most intelligent hackers I've seen. I say leave him alone for now. if he wants to release the exploit, then that's great, but if not, that's also okay. I don't blame him for feeling the way that he does. some people in the scene have truly frustrated me as well.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a legend, he can't be stopped. I don't know about anything of him personally like some comments here, but he surely is one talented fuck.
I personally think sony should hire him full time just like google hired geohot after he disclosed security flaws in several of their stuff.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if I should buy a PS5 and throw it in the closet now, if something comes of this it'll be scalper heaven eventually

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do consoles have debug features like this in their retail models even if they are hidden?
the vita uses something called uri calls to call certain titles to the surface, so install pkgs for example, is a legit title on the system. it's just hidden for obvious reasons. anyway, uri calls can be made in the browser to call the package installer. you still have the issue with licenses or the game won't run, but that's how the package installer works on that system. uri calls can be done to do a lot of other things too, which you can find on devwiki.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw