TheFlow has hacked the PlayStation Portal, manages to run PPSSPP natively on the device

pspiortal.png

TheFlow is up to his old tricks, hacking PlayStation hardware once more. After a month of tinkering around, he's managed to get past the security on Sony's PlayStation Portal streaming handheld, and even gotten PSP games to load on it by running the PPSSPP emulator for Android. He credits fellow scene hackers xyz and ZetaTwo for the help in hacking the Portal, and says that he might showcase some videos of PPSSPP running on the device sometime this weekend. For now, there's no plans to release his hack to the public, and TheFlow claims there's still a lot of work to be done in the future.

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All 10 people who own this will be happy to see they finally have a reason to consider using it!
Lol, I actually have it and it works fine for what it was made to do. I doubt you can do much with Snapdragon 662 as well. Most retro stuff would probably run on it. It's a niche gadget, alright if you have 200 bucks to throw away.

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How am I supposed to be excited about this when it's not availible? He's a good programmer and it's his right to cash in from Sony but by the time we get to enjoy this, sixteen other android devices will have been released. Pft. PS5 hacks my ass.
Yeah, he should have done something specifically for you, how selfish of him to do passion projects like that.

Reactions: zenpool and BigOnYa

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, I actually have it and it works fine for what it was made to do. I doubt you can do much with Snapdragon 662 as well. Most retro stuff would probably run on it. It's a niche gadget, alright if you have 200 bucks to throw away.
soon as I can find stock, anyway. Ebay, amazon, walmart, are all resellers for the scalping prices of 250-300+. By the time it's back to MSRP or cheaper, I reckon' there'll be something better on the horizon. I had planned on getting it for the ff7 redo games but alas.

Unless someone's got the hookup for me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto