The Wii U Homebrew Request Thread

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by GalladeGuy, May 3, 2016.

1. 0xfff

0xfff Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2017
    United States
    How about a nice, cohesive way to backup your data? Please see this post for more information.

2. mstreurman

mstreurman Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2018
    Netherlands
    Sad to see that there is no love for Wii U homebrew, but it would be amazing if there is some homebrew that turns on the sensor bar without having to have a Wiimote connected or going into vWii mode.

3. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Why would the wiimote sensor bar need to be on unless you are playing a game that requires it? :unsure:

4. smileyhead

smileyhead Most pettable head

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    I don't see the point for that.

5. mstreurman

mstreurman Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2018
    Netherlands
    I have a Wii U connected to my TV as well as my PC and I am using my Wiimote as a mouse, thus to use it I first need to connect it to the Wii U and go in vWii mode, then disconnect it from the Wii U and connect it to the PC and hope it doesn't connect to the Wii U again. (also Dolphin :))

Last edited by mstreurman, Jun 12, 2018
  6. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    lol just keep B pressed while booting the Wii U to directly launch the vWii or get an USB sensor bar. :)

7. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    If you using the wii sensor bar with the pc, you should use a usb made one or bluetooth one. The dolphin guide on their website even says so.

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2014/08/23/dolphinbar-review/

8. mstreurman

mstreurman Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2018
    Netherlands
    Not really, it works perfectly the way I have been using it. Old information is old information *you quoted an article from 2014*, we now have Bluetooth Passthrough for which the Dolphinbar doesn't even work as it doesn't show as a bluetooth adapter. You also know that the sensor bar is nothing but a Infrared LED Array right?!? Thus no data is being send to the Wii/Wii U it is literally just powering some LEDs.

I was just hoping to find something that would make my life a bit easier. And I may have found it in Lordelan's response, the only question is if I still don't need to connect a Wiimote first (will probably find out tonight though)

Last edited by mstreurman, Jun 12, 2018
  9. QuarkTheAwesome

QuarkTheAwesome Working for Hugs

Apr 19, 2015
    Australia
    Stuck in the PowerPC
    This is actually super easy to achieve - iirc there's a function named something like VPADBASESetSensorBarEnable which can turn on the Gamepad's sensor bar at any time; and I'm sure there's a similar function for the normal sensor bar. There could be a WUPS plugin or something that just keeps it on all the time - I'd go write it now but Maschell has been talking about changing how WUPS plugins work, would like to see how that turns out first.

That said it's probably way more economical to turn it on with a small battery and some alligator leads.

DarthDub, lordelan and ShadowOne333 like this.
  10. Maxbeta

Maxbeta GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2014
    United States
    Any chance someone might be interested in making an OpenBor port for the Wii U?

The old Wii port is a piece of broken garbage, it broke after build 3.0 ver 4153 because a bunch of paks stopped working and they kept building it on top of all the bugs with every release up till today with version 6203. Also the Wii's memory ram was too limited for a solid version of the engine ever to surface.

With a WiiU port we could finally benefit from more recent polished games on the gamepad and even multiplayer.

I would even pay for someone to work on this and bring it to Wii U.

OpenBOR Source Codes can be found here: https://github.com/DCurrent/openbor/releases

Last edited by Maxbeta, Jun 20, 2018
    hug0-a7x likes this.
  11. hug0-a7x

hug0-a7x GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2013
    Brazil
    Request
    Sonic 4 episode 1 & 2
    Sonic Mania
    Maybe using linux or other pc system emulator. IDK is possible.

Maxbeta likes this.
  12. Maxbeta

Maxbeta GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2014
    United States
    Aren't the Sonic 4 episodes on vWii already? I could be mistaken.
    Sonic Mania would be amazing! I think there's a very advanced Android port in the works last I saw.
    Would be awesome on WiiU!

hug0-a7x likes this.
  13. hug0-a7x

hug0-a7x GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2013
    Brazil
    Only Sonic 4 Episode 1

Maxbeta likes this.
  14. Maxbeta

Maxbeta GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2014
    United States
    Last edited by Maxbeta, Jun 25, 2018
    hug0-a7x likes this.
  15. SRKTiberious

SRKTiberious GBAtemp Regular

Sep 4, 2014
    United States
    So, I've been introduced to this whole Link to the Past Randomizer thing, and I love the idea of trackers... except I play on the TV, and it's not super close to the computer.

Would it be possible to port/write an item/map tracker for LttPR that takes advantage of the gamepad screen?

16. Omiwa

Omiwa Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2016
    United States
    A program to modify internet settings from vWii mode. I'm aware that some people have malfunctioning Gamepads, including myself. I imagine it'd be pretty helpful to such individuals to be able to edit internet settings.

I think vWii mode is feasible for this because it clearly has access to the inter settings somehow: the HBL can show you if you're connected or not.

I would prefer if such an application had a GUI, too, even if minimalistic.

17. MegaSuperab2

MegaSuperab2 Homebrewer, Memer, Acts Like Bedroom Is Basement

May 8, 2016
    United States
    The Earth
    I want a way to disable the Burn-In Reduction (Screen darkening after about 5 minutes of no input) on both screens.

18. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    you can disable that on wiiu settings.

19. MegaSuperab2

MegaSuperab2 Homebrewer, Memer, Acts Like Bedroom Is Basement

May 8, 2016
    United States
    The Earth
    Ok, thanks.

20. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    also anyone requesting stuff here lol wiiu scene is basically dead, everyone moved on to the switch hacking scene, so you guys willl never get anything new again.