The Wii U Homebrew Request Thread

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by GalladeGuy, May 3, 2016.

1. marazzmatika

marazzmatika Naive guy

Jul 10, 2018
    Russia
    I'm currently learning to code on Wii U,going to do a freeshop for Wii U.

hug0-a7x and Mikey242 like this.
  2. smileyhead

smileyhead This is definitely not a robotic component!

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Budakeszi, Hungary
    Didn't Nintendo implement the same security as on the Switch? That's what killed freeShop on 3DS. Isn't that on Wii U as well?

3. marazzmatika

marazzmatika Naive guy

Jul 10, 2018
    Russia
    I think,no.

4. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    they never changed it on the wiiu only 3ds and switch

5. WiisleyU

WiisleyU GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2016
    Brazil
    2018, the year that freeShop on 3DS was dead and have it's rebirth on Wii U lol

Mikey242 likes this.
  6. theairborn

theairborn Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2017
    United States
    isn't it possible to get ps3 or xbox 360 emulation on Wii U with internet support? Maybe a unrealistic question, but this both consoles are less powerful than wiiu and older gen console too,?

7. WiisleyU

WiisleyU GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2016
    Brazil
    :wacko: Wii U isn't capable of emulating even PS2, GCN and XBox Classic or Dreamcast, forget about it.....

8. 321_Islender_123

321_Islender_123 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2017
    United Kingdom
    An alternate game runner, to bypass required game updates e.g. to play old versions of Super Mario Maker with all the glitches. Kinda like how you could use Riivolution to bypass the "System update" screen on the Wii while trying to run a game.

9. McPhizzle

McPhizzle Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2011
    United States
    I would like to see a port of Reminiscence for the Wii U. It seems to be one of the first homebrew projects released on every exploited system... except this one. Sure, I can play it on my Vita, Wii, 3DS, NDS, Raspberry Pi, etc. But the Wii U is my favorite system, and my favorite for classic games.

10. Superman321

Superman321 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 26, 2018
    Germany
    not PS2, Xbox etc. but im pretty sure Wii U can Emulate Gamecube Games (Nintendont)

11. Spagett182

Spagett182 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2018
    South Africa
    Karaoke mixer type program where you can plug in USB mics to the console and play karaoke songs on youtube and sing along with your mic.

Is this even possible?

12. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Wii U doesn't emulate GameCube nor Wii, it runs them natively because part of its hardware is the same as a Wii.

WiisleyU likes this.
  13. september796

september796 GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    it would be great to have something like diagnoseDS on Wii U to test every functionality on the gamepad and, ideally, to calibrate (analog sticks, buttons, touch screen, camera, sensor bar, nfc reader, microphone, speakers, motion sensors, etc..)

14. marazzmatika

marazzmatika Naive guy

Jul 10, 2018
    Russia
    Probably not. I have: school with dumb homework,arduino uno with nfc,lcd and ethernet module,SM64,youtube,Wii,Wii U and other stuff to do. And,I must learn how tmd works to implement it and make downloading via http (probably some code from homebrew app store) and GX2,what is hardest I think.

WiisleyU likes this.
  15. itchyd

itchyd Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    I'd like to play Super Mario War in 1080p on my Wii U! Such a great game, and there is a new higher res version.

16. marazzmatika

marazzmatika Naive guy

Jul 10, 2018
    Russia
    Probably will try it. But i'm lazy ass,who has forum to configure.

17. LunchtimeVMU

LunchtimeVMU Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2018
    United States
    mic support on Wii64 for Hey You, Pikachu!

18. WiisleyU

WiisleyU GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2016
    Brazil
    Sorry but I think the Wii U GamePad Mic couldn't work on Wii Mode. It being used as an screen and even as a controller is wonderful already.

19. TheMrIron2

TheMrIron2 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 5, 2017
    Ireland
    A Quake port would be brilliant. The Wii U could run modern source ports with flying colours and I'd be happy to start porting over Quake-based games, such as Kurok and Nazi Zombies Reboot, to Wii U. That would jazz up the homebrew scene quite a lot - the Quake engine is the reason the PSP still gets new homebrew games that look and play like pretty authentic shooters; the PSP has a versatile Quake source port, so why not make one for Wii U and try to revitalise it with some homebrew games? :D

september796, cvskid and hug0-a7x like this.
  20. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    That actually might be possible since theres wii games that released with usb mic support like karaoke revolution so you probably wouldn't have to use the wii u gamepad as a mic.

LunchtimeVMU likes this.
  21. 321_Islender_123

321_Islender_123 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2017
    United Kingdom
    SDCaffiine GX2 with it's own GUI where you can choose own patch folder and automatically loading the game on the disc. + Maybe impossible, but support for games installed on HDD or USB.