The Wii U Homebrew Request Thread

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by GalladeGuy, May 3, 2016.

1. UltraSUPRA

UltraSUPRA GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2018
    United States
    It still works.

2. Escorpion

Escorpion Balamb Seed

Aug 25, 2015
    Colombia
    Laguna Guatavita
    cvskid likes this.
  3. Hambrew

Hambrew GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2018
    United States
    ok

4. Braedyn

Braedyn Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2019
    Australia
    I'd highly suggest adding maybe windows 7 emulator/installer, so you'd replace all files on the hard drive with windows 7, if not windows vista (The patched version), as the Wii U should run Windows 7, however once installed, you won't be able to go back unless you use a tool which restores the Wii u back to it's state.

hug0-a7x likes this.
  5. Ewpb

Ewpb Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2013
    CoinOps

The old Xbox all-in-one arcade experience.

How much work would it take to port it, was it just a well made front end for the various xbox emulators already available?

Would someone be able to take a stable Retroarch and create a FINAL version with all the bells and whistles CoinOps had.

hug0-a7x and cvskid like this.
  6. Hambrew

Hambrew GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2018
    United States
    problem: The Wii U runs on a PPC architecture, but Windows requires an x86 architecture. It would be easier to rework Ubuntu Mate from its PPC Mac port into a Wii U port.

As a step further, the Switch runs on the ARM architecture, so something like WoA Deployer might, and I mean MIGHT work. This app was meant for the Raspberry Pi to run Windows 10 (not the IoT version, mind you.), and the Pi runs on ARM. People have already gotten Linux distros like Lakka (by Libretro themselves) to work.

7. Braedyn

Braedyn Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2019
    Australia
    Uh, that is a very in depth explanation, Okay, I understand that now, maybe linux would work, and if it does, I'll be trying it.

Hambrew likes this.
  8. depaul

depaul GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2014
    France
    Please scene developers anyone please can help improve those projects :

- PPSSPP port on Wii U : the first versions are fine but need more polishing ;
    - Retroarch files R/W speed... this has been linked to WiiU's slow SD interface (even if your SD card is faaast), so maybe installing to USB is the solution ;
    - Implement PS1 and N64 emulators dynarec for Wii U PPC cpu ;
    - Improve WiiSX since it is outdated and has low compatibility.
    - Wii U Linux : better GPU drivers...

...and many more...

Last edited by depaul, Apr 26, 2019
  9. replicashooter

replicashooter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 16, 2006
    Further to that I'd happily pay (as I'm sure would others) for an optimized port of Reicast to the Wii U. Anyone up for the challenge?

depaul likes this.
  10. soupman

soupman Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    I'd like to request homebrew that allows the Wii U to output full range RGB through HDMI instead of only limited range through HDMI. I have a monitor that doesn't have an option for limited range RGB and the colors look washed out as a result. I'd even be willing to pay $100 or more just for it to happen.

Last edited by soupman, May 8, 2019
  11. Braedyn

Braedyn Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2019
    Australia
    I think that is already a thing, with the video changer but I'm not sure it's RGB though.

12. soupman

soupman Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    That unfortunately doesn't allow HDMI to output full range RGB.

13. IvanB

IvanB Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2015
    I find the FTP server on my 3DS super useful for installing stuff without having to constantly inserting/removing the SD card. Where's the Wii U equivalent ???