DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was reading a comparison of the consoles, and one of the comments was:
Guy in the comments section said:
I would say go with the Wii U if you want good games besides the bandwidth on it is 563.2 GB per second while on the Xbox One it is 170 GB per second. Besides PS4 and Wii U have native 1080p @ 60fps while the Xbox One is native 720p @ 60fps! I hope that i helped you.
So the Wii U is visually better than the Xbox One, since that can only run at 720p60? I never knew this, I alwaya thought the Wii U was on the lower end of the 3 main ones in pretty much everything.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm pretty sure it can do 8K 244FPS as well if you're rendering a black screen.

Yeah, well. That is where I am going.
The Wii U can't because its HDMI port supports upto version 1.4 (so it can output up to 1080p60 black screens per second).
The Xbox One has an HDMI 2.0 port, so it is able to output 2160p60 black screens per second.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was reading a comparison of the consoles, and one of the comments was:

So the Wii U is visually better than the Xbox One, since that can only run at 720p60? I never knew this, I alwaya thought the Wii U was on the lower end of the 3 main ones in pretty much everything.

119.jpg

All that needs to be said.

Reactions: VinsCool

kardus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please................................
You're right, the only one out of those that run at 1080p60 is smash 4, and it's because it's not graphics intensive. Mariokart is 720p native and I think bayonetta is either 720 or 1080, but the fps is closer to 20-40 for bayonetta 2.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
You're right, the only one out of those that run at 1080p60 is smash 4, and it's because it's not graphics intensive. Mariokart is 720p native and I think bayonetta is either 720 or 1080, but the fps is closer to 20-40 for bayonetta 2.

hmmmBayonetta 2 has a solid 60 fps.

Reactions: Margen67

kardus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmmmBayonetta 2 has a solid 60 fps.

The numbers I quoted were a bit low, but it still dips in the low/mid 30s during intensive fights with a lot going on. The only time it's ever 60 fps is with barely any enemies on the screen or just running around simple environments, and cut/sub scenes. It's not 'solid' at all.

In addition to that, it's not even 1080p native and it has no antialiasing whatsoever, a lot of models look like crap (jagged lines everywhere, you can't really tell this on the gamepad or smaller screens, but definitely on larger screens).

Don't get me wrong I enjoy the franchise, it's one of my favourites but nintendo really dropped the ball with performance on this. You would think that choosing not to polish the game would allow them to get better benchmarks on it, but you don't get any of these with that title. The game itself is great though.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, that's what happens when you get well optimized games that go for good aesthetics and gameplay rather than trying to look as "realistic/cinematic" as possible.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
All three current gen consoles are capable of 1080p @ 60 FPS, it's not something unusual. The Wii U's bandwidth is indeed impressive, but only in regards to the eDRAM, its RAM is the slowest out of the three. This also doesn't make the GPU any stronger which is the whole crux with the system. The setup is similar to that of the Xbox One which uses embedded ESRAM at 102 GB/s to help up the DDR3 RAM at 68 GB/s to peak at about 192 GB/s total throughput.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Indeed it can.
The problem these days is that developers push the consoles beyond their capabilities and they have to dial something down to make them run well, and you end up with games that run at 720p or low FPS (or both)
This seems to be less of an issue on the Wii U (at least for exclusives), I guess developers are more aware of the limitations since they are more limited by it than on other consoles. Still it's a problem that plagues every current-gen console. I'd rather have a game running at 60 FPS with some of the post processing dialled down but that's just me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)