PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Just got back to the civilised world today and saw this news. Bloody awesome work! Wii homebrew is slowly but surely on the way. This is excellent. Great work to all involved.

feddon

Trophies
XP
Country
Well im not for downloading wii games and hence i dont have a ModChip, but im also against being charged for games i already own (VC) if this hack leads in the future to some modchip free emus then im happy.

WarioIta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
great work! is there any information about the person who made that? I'd like to talk with him about the wii sdk. I think he used a standard ppc codewarrior; because codewarrior is needed and nobody has released it.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will be very nice to see how this develops. WiiBoss, Tri-Wing, JDM Programmer and Flex Cable=Best $10 I ever spent.

Knolli

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i just hope that i fnally can use my classic controller for nes and snes-emulators, cuz virtual console titles are expensive and the cube controller sucks for 2d-games

InfernoZeus

Trophies
Website
radakan.org
XP
Country
There was meant to be 10min talk two days after this occurred, but they didn't show up for some reason :S There was an interview with the guy, and he released a couple of details.

We don't really need proof of concept. The fact that he showed it at a hacking conference is good enough. He wouldn't show it if he couldn't actually do it.

In the interview, he said it only worked 30mins before hand, so they are probably trying to make sure its possible to reproduce, and trying to get other information using the same hack.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, every Homebrew attempt starts with a proof of concept that people can run on their own machines.

I would be happy to see a proof of concept released.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There was an interview over at tehskeen (mentioned already but here is a link):
http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5996
There is supposedly a chip in the works but the only news is the same thing rehashed:
http://psx-scene.com/forums/nintendo-news/...iihomebrew.html
http://www.mywii.com.au/NewsDetail.aspx?id=1335
edit: GBATemp link: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=71008
The feature list to save a visit, some of it seems quite extensive for such a short period of time having elapsed. Of course the first Wii chips were treated with similar scepticism.

Run Stuff and new apps in WII MODE
DVD playback with no additional software
Option to remove dupe wii channels
Application included to totally change the channels menu layout, colour etc (real themes)
App to link wii via usb and gamecube memcard slot to send homebrew code direct to the wii (additional hardware needed)
No audio fix needed
Option to bypass required firmware updates and run CERTAIN games in detection mode (ignores features in games that need firmware update and still excute, may lead to odd graphic corruption or wrong music being played ingame)
Streamer wii (concept app which will require additional hardware, allows video and much more to be streamed wirelessly back and forth to the wii, includes function to read game in wii and transfer wirelessly to a ready to burn iso file on your pc)

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Are there any 'proper' hacker forums, like xboxhacker.net, that people like bushing might hang out in? I was wondering if this stuff was getting discussed by real techies somewhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: