Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The White House has published an official response to the petition to build the Death Star. Any petition with over 25,000 signatures gets taken into consideration. The Death Star petition collected 34,435 signatures, and received an official response. And it's chock-full of Star Wars references.

Excerpt:

Official White House Response to Secure resources and funding, and begin construction of a Death Star by 2016.

This Isn't the Petition Response You're Looking For

By Paul Shawcross

The Administration shares your desire for job creation and a strong national defense, but a Death Star isn't on the horizon. Here are a few reasons:
  • The construction of the Death Star has been estimated to cost more than $850,000,000,000,000,000. We're working hard to reduce the deficit, not expand it.
  • The Administration does not support blowing up planets.
  • Why would we spend countless taxpayer dollars on a Death Star with a fundamental flaw that can be exploited by a one-man starship?
However, look carefully (here's how) and you'll notice something already floating in the sky -- that's no Moon, it's a Space Station!

[...]

Remember, the Death Star's power to destroy a planet, or even a whole star system, is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

It seems NASA is immune to Force Suggestion.

The response goes on to mention various existing and planned space and technology projects, all interspersed with more SW references than you can shake a stick at (but no Admiral Ackbar, because that one is really old and tired).

(inb4 Spock).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After the failure of Star Wars in the 1980's and the international tensions it ultimately caused are people really surprised that the concept does not want to be revisited?

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found the lack of faith of american bureaucrats disturbing

I'm sure the Russian are building it in secret. I've heard that the RRA (Rusian Rebel Alliance) already stole the plans of the battlestation.

Obama stated (when he was questioned about the subject): "The plans you refer to will soon be back in our hands."
but something tells me that he is wrong

Its_just_Lou

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Nixon White House would have greenlit this...probably pushed for it, even..
(He could have even served as Emperor to Reagan's Darth Vader. <shudder>)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    wait what? oh
  • light27 @ light27:
    my bad
  • light27 @ light27:
    happy birthday
  • light27 @ light27:
    OIP.19q3E5NK_Mdn0K35CZWrWQHaJ4
    for you bro
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, it's actually tommorrow but thx
  • light27 @ light27:
    oh it’s the least I could do
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +1
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.