OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Einherion said:
i thought i read on the forum of sites to not go to that nsdscardsale was a no no. idk, ive decided to go with Real hot stuff since they are an official dealer of acekard as shown on the acekard website.

Yes but a lot more expensive.

I just got an Acekard from them today (like it arrived today), and the shipping isn't too slow (and it only costs like 13 bucks).

Einherion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i guess ill look into them as well. someone with 2000+ posts probably knows what they are talking about.
what is their website, when i search nsdscardsale i get no results.

Einherion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks mate. ill have to look at my options. but i am willing to pay the extra for a us based company and the official vendor status...

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Just pointing out that the original R4 is no longer dead, it has been revived by YWGs WoodR4 firmware. You can get an R4 for $3.30, good quality hardware, fast game loading, near-perfect game compatibility. A great choice if you're looking for a card for phat/lite DS. Just make sure you get the original, not a clone and a non-SDHC microSD.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Miser said:
Just pointing out that the original R4 is no longer dead, it has been revived by YWGs WoodR4 firmware. You can get an R4 for $3.30, good quality hardware, fast game loading, near-perfect game compatibility. A great choice if you're looking for a card for phat/lite DS. Just make sure you get the original, not a clone and a non-SDHC microSD.
We all talked about that a couple pages back already...when WoodR4 was initially released...but I guess its always good to have information reiterated for effect...

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WoodR4 is generally for those who already have an original R4, though if you really want to try it then you'd have to make sure you get a 1:1 clone from a site that you can be sure don't have the other clones in place of them.

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
We all talked about that a couple pages back already...when WoodR4 was initially released...but I guess its always good to have information reiterated for effect...
Should be added to the first post.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Miser said:
jurassicplayer said:
Should be added to the first post.

The R4 does not have SDHC nor DSi support, this is a huge turn down for new buyers. If people wanted a cheap cart that could do cool features they'd get the Acekard with AKAIO.

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
If people wanted a cheap cart that could do cool features they'd get the Acekard with AKAIO.
OR phat/lite users could get even cheaper cart with better compatibility aka R4 with Wood. 2GB is plenty of storage.

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
Miser said:
2GB is plenty of storage.
That's YOUR opinion, you don't speak for everyone. Per GB, a 2GB MicroSD card is far more expensive than a 8GB MicroSDHC card.
It's all relative.
But this guide shouldn't be based on the authors OPINIONS. It should be a guideline to help people make their decision, based on THEIR needs. Some people don't need more than 2GB of storage or DSi support. I bet these people would be happier to spend $3.30 on their flashcard rather than $15.68. It's a big difference.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Miser said:
It's all relative.
But this guide shouldn't be based on the authors OPINIONS. It should be a guideline to help people make their decision, based on THEIR needs. Some people don't need more than 2GB of storage or DSi support. I bet these people would be happier to spend $3.30 on their flashcard rather than $15.68. It's a big difference.
Almost every post you post is based on your opinion, even your signature
MiserQ) Is the R4DS / M3 Simply the best card for running backups on my Nintendo DS?
A) In short, yes. For the following reasons: 100% Backup ROM compatability, one of the cheapest solutions, removable storage media, skinning, ok compatability with frequently updated homebrew.
which is on every one of your posts. So you are in no position to keep bashing DeltaBurnt for having his opinion. It's his thread, he wrote it, it will have his opinion which may not be the same as yours. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if it's not the same as yours.

If you don't like DeltaBurnt's thread, start your own "Which flashcart to get?" thread.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Miser said:
tk_saturn said:
Miser said:
2GB is plenty of storage.
That's YOUR opinion, you don't speak for everyone. Per GB, a 2GB MicroSD card is far more expensive than a 8GB MicroSDHC card.
It's all relative.
Some may not need it, but some might. It's better to have the ability to store more rather than get stuck when you can't have any more space. The fact that most flashcart developers have accelerated past the R4 now means all in all, it really isn't worth it.

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
So you are in no position to keep bashing DeltaBurnt for having his opinion. It's his thread, he wrote it, it will have his opinion which may not be the same as yours. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if it's not the same as yours.
Actually my signatures is a direct quote from that thread. Someone else wrote it.
Like I said, his topic is trying to be a guide. Guides shouldn't be based on opinions. They should be objective and informative. His isn't.
Especially the common questions part. Check this quote for example:

QUOTE said:
Q: Should I wait for the DSTwo?
A: If you're a patient person, I would. But if you absolutely want one now I think it's ok to pass it and go with an Acekard. The DSTwo won't be coming until the end of April.
and this:
QUOTE said:
Q: Which should I get? Acekard2i or M3i Zero?
A: Both are good. If you just want to game and want your games real fast go with Acekard. If you like extras get the M3i Zero so you can do things like RTS and RTG.
What about all the other flashcards? Cyclo, EZVi and DSONEi also have those functions.

It's just not objective. The guide is pointing people towards one card, the Acekard 2i.

QUOTE(ProtoKun7 @ May 27 2010, 06:54 PM)
Some may not need it, but some might. It's better to have the ability to store more rather than get stuck when you can't have any more space.
It's better to let people decide for themselves whether they want to pay 3-4 times the price for that feature.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Miser said:
QUOTE said:
Q: Which should I get? Acekard2i or M3i Zero?
A: Both are good. If you just want to game and want your games real fast go with Acekard. If you like extras get the M3i Zero so you can do things like RTS and RTG.
What about all the other flashcards? Cyclo, EZVi and DSONEi also have those functions.

It's called the frequently asked questions section for a reason.

In case you still don't get it, I did Ak2i vs. M3i Zero because that's a frequently asked question here.

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
And since you ignored it, what about this one:

QUOTE said:
A: If you're a patient person, I would. But if you absolutely want one now I think it's ok to pass it and go with an Acekard. The DSTwo won't be coming until the end of April.

?

By the way, funny how you comment on the build quality of the R4 (which in reality is very good), and don't list poor build quality on cons for AK2i. And don't even try to claim that AK's are well build, it's common knowledge? that they aren't.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Miser said:
And since you ignored it, what about this one:

QUOTE said:

?

By the way, funny how you comment on the build quality of the R4 (which in reality is very good), and don't list poor build quality on cons for AK2i. And don't even try to claim that AK's are well build, it's common knowledge? that they aren't.

Uh do you even have an Acekard?

I find my Acekard's build quality to be ship shape mind you.

Anyways I'll update that question.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, if anything it would be great to keep this from being a flame war (that would make it three in a row otherwise -_-").
In any case, the guide has the agreement from a majority of the people who read it, which is why it leans towards Acekards (just look at the best flashcart poll...it had a little under 50% I believe). The more recent batches of Acekards are sturdy enough as well.
Instead of attempting to flame Deltaburnt, try reading everything and finding out the position he is in before attempting to shoot down a thread. There isn't much he can do about the fanbase of AKAIO or the reputation of the M3 team. He knows that the R4 could be a viable option because at least two people told him before you (and the first one to say it was me -_-").
By the way, I dam like my R4 (the only cart I had until recently where I bought an ak2i) and woodR4. It has a lot of perks, but meh it doesn't mean you have to turn hardcore R4 fanboy...just supporting it is fine o.0...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol