• Thread starter CORE
  • Start date
  • Views 1,969
  • Replies 10
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

uhhhh not really, that looks pretty bad
mario 64 is really not the place to go when you want to get mario aesthetics, and making it all dark and full of nonsensical effects doesn't make it any better
(mario's ninja pose when landing and bowser's lamp mouth cracked me up tho )

Peak mario is the galaxy series, they did everything they tried to make in this video but much better and they didn't even need unreal engine for that.
and galaxy series actually fixed the gameplay, this looks like it's a pain to play.

Reactions: Coolsonickirby
D

Deleted User

Personally, I don't this looks all that bad, but I can see where others in the thread are coming from. Graphically, the demo looks very impressive, but it doesn't accurately reflect the aesthetic of many Mario games (saturated colors, bright lighting, etc.).

Also, having to fight Bowser in such a dark environment would probably get annoying after a while, and force players to turn up the brightness settings on their monitors.

Reactions: KingVamp

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Okay, here's the thing : satire doesn't work that well if you leave out the context. It's not as snarky as sarcasm, so it's easy to confuse others to think that you really think this is the way forward. And in this case, the joke's on you. You've got to highlight the disadvantages and enlight them superficially to let the audience know your real opinion. Kind of like this :

Of course this is the way all modern games should look. The unreal engine is so robust it makes everything look so metallic and shiny that when exposed to it enough, gamers will start to eventually hate any different styles of design. Who would want handcrafted and tried and true homemade editors when they could get an FPS tailored experience instead? Fuck all Mario's bright green environments. The Windows xp home screen is gone, dudes. Black skies and rain with fire particles is where it's at. Nothing screams unforgettable Mario VS bowser action like a copy of that final scene in that one matrix movie. So what if it defies what fans want, expect and associate with Mario? It's unreal engine 4. It runs so well that I've got my car powered by it. You can't name the engine used in odyssey. In fact you can't even test the FPS in that thing. But when Mario goes unreal, you can show the one thing that gamers crave for : 60 fps. 60 games per second.... Ooooooooh yeah. Seriously... Most gamers can't even spell aesthetics... You think they're going to notice? No... Get Mario on unreal engine. It'll be good for when Nintendo finally chooses to sell out and port their games to other consoles.

Now THAT is a satirical statement that gets an opinion across. B-)

... For the record : you ARE doing around with that video, right? It's not like you want it to look like it... Right? :unsure:

Last edited by Taleweaver,

CORE

3:16
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol I forgot to mention it a Playable Demo on Utube. U can download and test it out! Check out the Video on UTube it in the Info.
Me personally I like the look not just that it on UDK the style what im trying to say look at Windwaker compared to the Tech Demo Gamecube I prefer the Tech Demo.
It looks Epic where as the Cartoon style is not to be taken serious , if that even makes sense lol A good example of Epic is Music in older games vs newer.
Take a look at Yoshi's Island vs New Yoshi's Island well have a listen to Music difference Below, Couple honorable mentions SMB1 Bowser Final SMB3 Bowser SMRPG Bowser StarFox I could go on.
Guess it boils down to Personal preference.

That said after getting the WiiU which I passed up because too childish It has become my favourite Console of all and I like those childish Games but would still like my Moderate Mario to be able to Punch and kick again instead of gimmicks if I can ever pull off what the guy who made this can do sweet I look forward to a WiiU Port.

Graphically Superior but Music sucks.

Last edited by CORE,
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Please, for the love of God, stop abusing motion blur. It's defaulted on Unreal to be way too aggressive to ever be honestly viable for a game, and for some reason, people believe it makes graphics demoes like these 100x better. It doesn't. The graphical fidelity of that demo is frankly not that high by today's standards. A lot of reflective materials and particles doesn't make something look better.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I don't this looks all that bad, but I can see where others in the thread are coming from. Graphically, the demo looks very impressive, but it doesn't accurately reflect the aesthetic of many Mario games (saturated colors, bright lighting, etc.).

Also, having to fight Bowser in such a dark environment would probably get annoying after a while, and force players to turn up the brightness settings on their monitors.
also the high framerate is not amazing

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The level designs are awful for the new engine standard and the characters look like amiibos. Not to mention the edgy rain. 0/10

You need a lot more than graphics to make a game visually appealing. There's a reason why games with crap graphics (like Undertale) are still visually stimulating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: