Hacking Question The very first steps after soldering the modchip

Louai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Hello guys,
this is my first time "hacking" a nintendo so please go easy on me.
I just bought a fortnite edition nintendo switch which is obviously patched (Mariko)
It's brand new, I haven't updated it, installed any game or anything. I wanna jailbreak it directly so I decided to take it to the store where they install modchips. But since SX OS isn't getting updated anymore I'm thinking about doing the software things myself after they finish soldering the chip.
The problem is that am missing some basics and I don't 100% know the very first steps.
so what I should do after installing the modchip is:
- run hekate and back up nand
- create emunand
- run atmosphere on it using the "Switch Hacking Is Easy" and then boot the emunand to do not very orthodox stuff and the sysnand to do the legit ones
is that correct?

Can I install atmosphere on emunand and keep the sysnand intact? without sxos or atmosphere? like just run hekate after soldering the chip -> back up nand -> create an emunand and run atmosphere on
it?
Can I install sx os on the emunand on the current version (10.1.0) and update sysnsand to 12 and run ofw normally?
I really need your help

Last edited by Louai,

cherup

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, if Ou have manged the chip installation it should not be a problem.
You should create an emunand partition and run Atmo on this, this keeps your sysnand clean.

Not sure how the clone chips are working, so possible no backup is possible, but if it is possible for sure it will make sense to have a backup in the first step.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G991B mit Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-