Hacking The USB microSD reader that comes with the Cyclo works with SDHC cards

caffolote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it work with SDHC cards? Because I ordered a Kingston 4GB MicroSDHC card and worried if it wont work with a Cyclo USB reader.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you plug it in and it works, then it's compatible. If it doesn't work, then it's not compatible.
tongue.gif

Just kidding, do you have XP or Vista?

caffolote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, thanks. All I have to do is request an hotfix and it will be sent to my email? How come I havent seen this on GBATemp before?

caffolote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I went on "View and request hotfix downloads" and I dont see a direct download link. I see a request form on there though. Wheres the download link?

caffolote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post, but I got an email and it says

"If you decide to install this hotfix, please note the following items:

Do not deploy a hotfix in a production environment without first testing the hotfix.

Back up the system or the computer that will receive the hotfix before you install the hotfix."

Wait what? Back up the system or computer? What is this hotfix going to do? Now I'm getting really nervous on this. Can't the microSD reader detect the SDHC by itself? I dont think I want to do this hotfix thing because I never heard of this before.

caffolote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks for the help. I just ordered a Cyclo and Kingston 4GB and I was just worried that the card reader wouldn't recognize it and I would've had to cancel my microSDHC order. I'll try and see how it goes.

Hybridx24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny thing, I got a 4Gb A-Data and the adapter it came with was not recognized by my media card reader (which is pretty new, Dimension 9200). The only thing that worked was the Cyclo DS Micro SD reader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo