Hacking The UNSWITCH PROJECT - Recreations of switch games on the Wii U!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I said that so i don't have to rebuild the engine from scratch... (Because that would literally be impossible as i don't know the rendering codes...)

And don't worry i would do one game at a time... (Because i will be slower if not) This thread is basically just an announcement...
Well keep us updated.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope nope nope, You can not port a game over to a different system without the actual source code.
And as far as ROM hacks goes, it would be an extremely huge project to for instance try to turn Super Mario 3D World into a Mario Odyssey themed game.
It's like turning Super Mario 64 DS into Super Mario Sunshine. It can be an interesting and inpressive experience, but dont expect to play the real game even with a super dedicated team and many years of developement.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, it's what i meant with recreation...
Lmao, oh dear friend. You have no clue, no professional experience and you're going to do this on your lonesome. Some of these games take a team of 40 people years to make but you shall do it by yourself.
I would quit now, you're just making yourself look more and more like an incompetent fool with each frivolous post you make

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but I'm not well-versed in the specifics of hacking anything, but I feel like you don't even know what you're talking about. How would any of this even work?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
im guessing the OP never did any line of code or anything so he thinks he can change a game engine totaly to another gae and recrete everything? lol

serious its totaly impossible to turn mario3dworld into odissey, it would be easier to make the game engine from scratch than turing 3dworld into odissey lol.

HRudyPlayZ

Developer, Gamer and Power User.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm sorry, but I'm not well-versed in the specifics of hacking anything, but I feel like you don't even know what you're talking about. How would any of this even work?

It depends on games, some will just have a file changed and new files added using SDCafiine, others will have to be completly redone and all files would need to be recreated...
I will be using games like 3D World because i could use some of the already made assets (like invisible coins, coins stacks...) & because some of the file formats are the same as other games like MK8 (Who already got all the tools for what i need... ex: KCL, SARC, BFRES files).
For Cappy, i can make the player throw a custom entity (added using edited code) and when it's flying in the air, mario's model changes to no cap one... & Make player changing entity's position and making the player invisible...

I know how i can edit game's code (using JGeckoU or others... And i know that geckos are very limited...). I know it would be easier to start from scratch... but i don't know any good public 3d engines... (And obviously i don't know how to make a 3d engine like SMO's one)

I also know the Wii U scene is "completely dead" (I don't count vWii or Updates...).

And guys, calm down, i won't be doing Super Mario Odyssey anytime soon.
For now, i'm starting with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe... So...

Reactions: TheTrueDream42

HRudyPlayZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I will be doing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe by importing the files for the model & collision boxes & i will edit the code with tools like Gecko editors to imitate the original one... (I'm aware you will not be able to play with regular MK8D players on Switch, i think you will not be able to connect to the servers...)
(It's a simplified description, of course)

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States

HRudyPlayZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It might not look possible, but I appreciate the trying and the additional info that we will get about the Wii U that might come from this project, even if there won't be a finished product.
There really isn't any real trying, there is one guy saying he will do something, no proof he has the skills or the know how. This does not constituent trying.
It's basically like me saying I will single handily dispose of all nuclear warheads and cure cancer without any political or molecular engineering experience, shit just ain't going to happen

Last edited by yusuo,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people saying its impossible to turn mario 3d world into odyssey, why are you basing this, is it that mario 3d world was a map screen linking into levels whereas odyssey is ment to be open world?

it depends on the game engine, if its the same engine then in theory it could be easy to port and covert levels.

how else do you think people can create new levels or convert levels of one game other to a different game, including character models and skins.

not saying it will be possible because when reading the OP posts he comes across as a college n00bie who doesnt seem to mention anything on how he is going to do this, just speculation, maybe a subliminal ways of asking if someone else can port said titles over because he wants to play them on the wii u.

i think also a fair few switch games would easily run on the wii u, i have not seen anything that is ground breaking, BOTW looks identical minus a color profile change, which that can be done via hacking...... I did exactly the same for OoT 3D.

Splatoon 2 looks no different than the first

Mario Odyssey i can see how close it looks to 3D world.

now lets talk about more demanding games, LA NIORE (PS3 port - so wii u would also run it)
Doom.... very poor port, diluted textures

the few other tiltes are direct ports off the wii u, so question you need to ask is why did nintendo keep its specs hush hush...... hmmmm

Reactions: HRudyPlayZ

onedementedsmurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will be doing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe by importing the files for the model & collision boxes & i will edit the code with tools like Gecko editors to imitate the original one... (I'm aware you will not be able to play with regular MK8D players on Switch, i think you will not be able to connect to the servers...)
(It's a simplified description, of course)
Ok, I know it's been pointed out at least once in this thread already, but Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is literally already available natively on Wii U, it's just Mario Kart 8 + DLCs. Why would you waste your time "porting" MK8D to a system that already has it?!

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
people saying its impossible to turn mario 3d world into odyssey, why are you basing this, is it that mario 3d world was a map screen linking into levels whereas odyssey is ment to be open world?

it depends on the game engine, if its the same engine then in theory it could be easy to port and covert levels.

how else do you think people can create new levels or convert levels of one game other to a different game, including character models and skins.Mario Odyssey i can see how close it looks to 3D world.
It's not the same engine, it's completely different and that's obvious in the gameplay.
Importing levels into a game isn't difficult unless there's a lot of constraints on the engine, which could likely be broken after potentially years of work.

Also just look at how many NPCs alone need to be made to "port" Mario Odyssey. I'm sure it's a lot more than 3D World already has. And afaik 3D World has little more than a level editor.

Cappy and everything else clearly need to be made from scratch.
Then you'd have to remove 4 player mode, limiting it to maybe 1 or 2 players, as well as Gamepad functions.
Remove life counter, increase coin counter, have purple coins per world, etc.

This would be years of work, no way around that.

Last edited by Deleted member 424658,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c