Hacking The Ultimate WiiU Hack-Setup (all Nintendo games in 1 device) by Eipok - MAR'18

hadi aulia

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Love the setup, very clean no hdd wires

I never thought to use sd card as hdd replacement,is it slower compared to hdd?

Why not put gamecube iso on wii sd card? Didnt nintendont already support hidden storage using ustealth?

Reactions: Willsito_GG

Willsito_GG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello Hadi Aulia!

Thanks for the compliments ☺ I really appreciatte that!

Regarding your questions:
I never thought to use sd card as hdd replacement,is it slower compared to hdd?
-> Willsito: It is not. And it is neither slower comparted to an HDD. Everything works like a charm.

Why not put gamecube iso on wii sd card? Didnt nintendont already support hidden storage using ustealth?
-> Willsito: This is done for a particular reason, I qoute (and do some edit) from my first post:
"Game Cube Games are put in the SD because of the Nintendont forwarder that is allocated in the Wii U interface. I have this to play GC games with the Wii U GamePad. As the Wii USB is hidden for the Wii U interface, if the games would be present in there (the Wii USB allocated in the back and down USB slot), the Forwarder wouldn't recognize the USB and couldn't load GC games."

mike087

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
In which ports have you conected both (SD 400GB + SD Reader Trascend and SD 200GB + SD Reader Trascend)?. In the front ports or in the back ports?

Willsito_GG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
In which ports have you conected both (SD 400GB + SD Reader Trascend and SD 200GB + SD Reader Trascend)?. In the front ports or in the back ports?
Hello Mike087,

I have used both back ports (this info is as well in the OP):
· USB Up Slot:
o SD 400GB + SD Reader Trascend.
o Let the WiiU format the USB to its own format.
o Wii U Games (installed) > 300 GB.
o Some Virtual Console Games (NDS and others).

· USB Down Slot:
o SD 200GB + SD Reader Trascend (none high storage USB sticks worked with USB Loader GX).
o Format FAT 32.
o Copy the games with the Wii BackUp Manger program.
o Wi Games -> 141 GB.
o Hidden with Ustealth_R8, so we don’t get the constant question to format the USB when in WiiU mode startup. (Reason why I can't put GC games in here).

Hope it helps,

Best regards

PS: both USB front ports are empty for 2 reasons: esthetic and let them be clear for eventual Wii U Pro Controller charging.

mike087

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hello Mike087,

I have used both back ports (this info is as well in the OP):
· USB Up Slot:
o SD 400GB + SD Reader Trascend.
o Let the WiiU format the USB to its own format.
o Wii U Games (installed) > 300 GB.
o Some Virtual Console Games (NDS and others).

· USB Down Slot:
o SD 200GB + SD Reader Trascend (none high storage USB sticks worked with USB Loader GX).
o Format FAT 32.
o Copy the games with the Wii BackUp Manger program.
o Wi Games -> 141 GB.
o Hidden with Ustealth_R8, so we don’t get the constant question to format the USB when in WiiU mode startup. (Reason why I can't put GC games in here).

Hope it helps,

Best regards

PS: both USB front ports are empty for 2 reasons: esthetic and let them be clear for eventual Wii U Pro Controller charging.
Right, got it. Thanks for the info.

mike087

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Just a tip. I don't know if it is in the tutorial.
- When you want to install something in the "wii u games sd" you need to remove the "wii games sd", otherwise you gona get an error when installing. That happens when using "wup installer gx2", idk if it happen with other installers.

Willsito_GG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Just a tip. I don't know if it is in the tutorial.
- When you want to install something in the "wii u games sd" you need to remove the "wii games sd", otherwise you gona get an error when installing. That happens when using "wup installer gx2", idk if it happen with other installers.
Hello Mike087,

Indeed, but let me correct what you said: if we want to install something into the Upper USB Slot (you can have connected there a HDD, USB SD Reader or whatever the device), we must unplug the lower USB Slot device.

Hope it helps and best regards!

Guille

Lucho505

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi @Willsito_GG, really cool setup, have you had any issues with your back ports? I've always read that you'll have issues by using non external power HDDs but I've seen conflicting reasons to say the least

How much have you ran your flash drives and do you use your Wii U often? Thanks!

Willsito_GG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi @Willsito_GG, really cool setup, have you had any issues with your back ports? I've always read that you'll have issues by using non external power HDDs but I've seen conflicting reasons to say the least

How much have you ran your flash drives and do you use your Wii U often? Thanks!
Hello Lucho505,

Regarding the SD Cards and SD USB Readers plugged in the Back Ports: so far, so good taking into account that I have played not too much in 2 years...Anyway, I think that those readings are not based, most of the cases, by real experiences....

If I might have any problem in the future, I will let you know ;)

Best regards

Willsito

MysticMinion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nice setup and ty for writing up this post, however I think the Wii/GC part could be achieved more easily... I've got one HDD for the WiiU installed games (~250GB), and one HDD with GC backups AND Wii backups (USB Loader GX doesn't show the GC games at first but it can be enabled)... It was not that easy to set this up but it's definitely cheaper (and you've got to choose between the two disks before playing either Wii/GC or WiiU games)
can you explain how you did this?

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
You have missed some machines that can be played, please update:

Zx Spectrum
odyssey
MATTEL intellivision
EMERSON ARCADIA
Atari 800 XL
Pc-FX
Pc-88
Sega 32X
Sony PSP
Wiiware (WADS)
Wiiu Channel title Original games

Vectrex, is not playable to me, I had a vectrex, and all vectrex emulators don't really work, you cannot considered them playable, if someone could fix it ;(

Weirdal3333

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.musicsuper.org
XP
Country
United States
I have never seen someone so confidently incorrect about their setup.

Your SD cards will be completely burnt up in a few months. Use an external hard drive! You can zip tie the power wire to the Wii U's power supply or something to hide it! The USB cables are actually quite small as well. They sell them in a lot of different colors, including white and black. You can also get a longer USB cable and hide the hard drive in a cabinet or on a shelf behind your table or something! I have a fully functional USB 3.0 hard drive cable that is 3 ft long and it works just as good as a short 3-in cable
Don't use USB flash drives, they burn up within days if you use them for stuff like this. It's like defragmenting an old solid state drive. If that last sentence doesn't make you cringe I don't know how to explain it to you better.

The maximum theoretical size of a master boot record partition is about 2.2tb. Wiiflow and usblodergx technically support GPT, whose maximum partition size is several exabytes!
The theoretical limit for FAT32 is around 12 TB, so that's your limit on Wii drive size I guess. Not sure how you would fill it though since the entire Wii+GameCube library is only around 7tb.

Anyone still using the GX emulators... I don't know what to say, honestly. That's like using ie6 on a windows 11 machine. Please read the tutorial on RetroArch, at least! It's actually pretty easy once you know the basics of what you're doing.

Let's talk about your use of d2xcios beta 53. NO! STOP! Bigger nomber doesn't mean newer or better! Please go grab the newest version of the installer from https://github.com/davebaol/d2x-cios and use beta52 in the installer. beta53 is buggy (dozens of games just won't launch because of bugs it introduces), outdated (it's an older version), and has never been officially recommended by anyone except those YouTube tutorial videos that try to get you to brick yourself.

Last edited by Weirdal3333,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.