science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey,

I just updated my Wii from 3.1U to 4.2U using the safe updater thing... this thing [url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184057][url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184057]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184057[/url][/url]

I then installed some StatPatch v4.2 stuff. Then I went to my Wii system menu and it says "The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

I searched for a fix, but just found info about fixing it with Preloader, which I don't think I have. I do have bootmii, and when I try to put my old nand backup, it says there was an error opening it. Help please!

Posts merged

Some more info... I can't load the HBC from BootMii, and when I try to use the Wii menu, it works for about a second, then shows the error

Posts merged

Wait a minute... I took out the disc, and now it works fine so far... anyone know what the hell was going on?

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so I put the disc in (Patched NSMB), and it says "An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting." Are all my problems lying with this disc? It worked fine when I was on 3.1U

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I installed:

# Disable HAXX, DVDX, RZDx Checks - Disables the System Menu from blocking Homebrew.
# Block Disc Updates - Blocks updates, which have been embedded in Discs.
# Block Online Updates - Prevents online updates being installed.
# Region Free Channels - Allow installation of any region Channels.
# Region Free GC Games No VM Patch - Removes region restrictions on Gamecube games.
# Remove NoCopy Protection (Need To Install ALL Five) - Removes the Save File Copy Protection, which prevents Save Files from being copied to SD Cards.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
well, usually the region free gamecube discs hack causes problems with gamecube games but disabling it will probably not fix this.

Is NSMB the only trouble disc?

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure, I can't find any of my other discs right now haha. But I uninstalled everything, put the disc in, and the disc channel was saying I needed to update. So I installed the Block Disc Updates option, and I got the same error again.

Posts merged

Actually, just found another disc. I am getting the same error

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NSMB is patched, it runs fine with Neogamma R8 b7, with or without the StartPatch hacks.

Since I have a modchip, I've never really dealt with IOS's and stuff, but I do know I am running cIOS249 (Rev 13), and just yesterday I installed ios37-64-v2070.wad

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i would suggest you run through and update every IOS

as they lead to black screen if the latest/required one is not installed.

NSMB uses IOS53

the update.zip from my guide has the required IOS files you want

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So your update.zip would pretty much be everything I need to get fully updated? Do I email you to get a copy of it?

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, they both are

Posts merged

Just want to make clear, this only happens when I have the StartPatch hacks on

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep, I'm using the right version of StartPatch.

I think I'll just disable it, I can't play NSMB through the disc channel anyways, can I? Using patched game on a WiiKey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night