LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Have you tried installing sigpatches? /j
tbh the /j ruined it
Post automatically merged:

It's just people that never used the OG Xbox or the Gamecube. They were as soul less as the Switch is.
Nah the Xbox had something tho, just like the PS2 did. Idk about the Gamecube, people remember the cube loading screen but not the menus.

MightySashiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
The switch feels so corporate, no music, barely any sound, mii maker is hidden away. The menu is bland as hell, no themes no nothing. It just feels like it has no soul at all when u compare it to something like the 3ds. Nintendo could have done so much better with their console and they decided to make something so bland.
most consoles these days look like they were design to show to a board of white collar shareholders rather than by and for the gamers.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
tbh the /j ruined it

Nah the Xbox had something tho, just like the PS2 did. Idk about the Gamecube, people remember the cube loading screen but not the menus.
Yes, the Switch got something to. A interface to start playing your games.
So it isn't really that big unless you hacked the OG Xbox, then you got the really nice stuff like XBMC

concept8192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not just the home menu itself but honestly most of the exclusive games on the Switch have become soulless and empty. Coupled with following shit trends like microtransactions and paid online services that don’t even compare to others of the same price. Nintendo has seriously become more soulless over the years. Which is why you should hack your systems, pirate/mod your games, and make your own fun
Did you play Pikmin 4????

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Did you play Pikmin 4????
I have not yet, but a few good games don't make up for the countless other shit games Nintendo has either shipped out or allowed to have their name on it.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, the Switch got something to. A interface to start playing your games.
I meant the ambiance, the color scheme, the music. The PS2 was terrifying when the disc couldn't be read, or the Xbox would have weird noises when it was on the menu for a long time. The PS1 boot music is still a meme and remembered fondly, that's just part of the charm of it.

Maybe you just value function over anything else and that's perfectly fine, but I still like having some personality into the stuff I enjoy using. I will remember some Switch games for sure, but I don't think I'll remember stuff about the Switch itself other than the long list of issues I started to enumerate but edited out because it would make this post unnecessarily long

Sardinha157

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, 3DS and WIIU were the last consoles with the "Nintendo Magic" you know? Like why the hell does a simples mii maker, a config app, a shop, or anything have exclusive and adaptive music? And Nintendo did it, it was cool and the songs were so relaxing and now nostalgic, they were really cool, there is a reason we still listen to them in youtube, it gave a SOUL to the console.
Now we have black or white options for the background.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It sounds like they are referring to most of the third-party titles that are on every console. Example: Fortnite and stuff like that.
No, I am talking about Nintendo-exclusive games. Although their 3rd party games can pretty mid as well since the Switch hardware has been aging like milk left in the sun

Doctorbeefy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, 3DS and WIIU were the last consoles with the "Nintendo Magic" you know? Like why the hell does a simples mii maker, a config app, a shop, or anything have exclusive and adaptive music? And Nintendo did it, it was cool and the songs were so relaxing and now nostalgic, they were really cool, there is a reason we still listen to them in youtube, it gave a SOUL to the console.
Now we have black or white options for the background.
I personally think they stopped doing the mii maker stuff due to the lack of use. Not many people even messed around with it and when they did it was just younger kids making ugly miis.

No, I am talking about Nintendo-exclusive games. Although their 3rd party games can pretty mid as well since the Switch hardware has been aging like milk left in the sun
Any examples?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Any examples?
Just gonna state that in my opinion, Tear of Kingdom was extremely mid compared BOTW. Pokémon S/V are unfinished messes that Nintendo even promised to “fix” shortly after launch. Mario Party was mid. Animal Crossing NH fell flat on expectations after Nintendo just stopped supporting it. The Pokemon Gen 4 remakes were barely even remakes, coupled with lacking Platinum content. Pokémon SW/SH literally had over 1000 of Nintendo’s employees involved but was a boring mess. Smash and Mario Kart 8 are riddled with microtransactions, plus still selling the base games at full price. That’s not really about the quality of the game, I just hate that Nintendo started doing that.
These are just a few that in my opinion really have made me dislike Nintendo and find that their quality as a company has gone down in my eyes

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not just the home menu itself but honestly most of the exclusive games on the Switch have become soulless and empty. Coupled with following shit trends like microtransactions and paid online services that don’t even compare to others of the same price. Nintendo has seriously become more soulless over the years. Which is why you should hack your systems, pirate/mod your games, and make your own fun
about 20% of the Switch games from nintendo were WII U games with it's DLC on from the WII u version of the games. (well some of them not all)
Just gonna state that in my opinion, Tear of Kingdom was extremely mid compared BOTW. Pokémon S/V are unfinished messes that Nintendo even promised to “fix” shortly after launch. Mario Party was mid. Animal Crossing NH fell flat on expectations after Nintendo just stopped supporting it. The Pokemon Gen 4 remakes were barely even remakes, coupled with lacking Platinum content. Pokémon SW/SH literally had over 1000 of Nintendo’s employees involved but was a boring mess. Smash and Mario Kart 8 are riddled with microtransactions, plus still selling the base games at full price. That’s not really about the quality of the game, I just hate that Nintendo started doing that.
These are just a few that in my opinion really have made me dislike Nintendo and find that their quality as a company has gone down in my eyes
sucks about smash bro's ultimate is. there's not ULTIMATE Edition with all it's DLC in one. (bastards)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Tonight's nightmare sponsored but G-Fuel! lolo