Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"A few". :rofl:

Jeesh. Cherry pick much? Four Pokemon games in your list. Both Switch Mario Party games were great, imo. Animal Crossing NH... they "just stopped supporting it"? Uhhhhh. No they did not. They had several major content updates across over 2 and a half years. How much more do you expect? Mario Kart riddled with microtransactions? What???? LMAO!

Yeah, well, the majority of people don't sit and state at the menu. They boot their console and pick a game to play. You may not enjoy the simplicity of the Switch menus, but you're making a way bigger deal out of it than necessary. People have consoles for the games. Not the menus. PS5 and Series X don't have the greatest layouts either but most people don't care. Doesn't matter if you weren't talking about the games, I'm adding to the conversation and it's a fair point to make. Don't like opinions on your posts? Then don't post. ;)
if someone offered me to choose between a free new 3ds xl and a free switch oled i would choose the new 3ds xl, the menu does matter
Post automatically merged:

if someone offered me to choose between a free new 3ds xl and a free switch oled i would choose the new 3ds xl, the menu does matter
(i also got a 3ds xl for christmas, not the new one but im so happy my dad is so cool)

Last edited by Bunjolio,

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I don't believe your choice is purely because of the menu. 3DS has..... tiles. Switch has..... tiles. But seriously. How much time are you spending in the menus? "DAMN IT!!! Why can't I see a theme when I go to backup my save?!?!?!?! No soul!!!!" Like I said, you may not like it and that's perfectly fine. You're just making too much of a deal about it, imo.

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

(i also got a 3ds xl for christmas, not the new one but im so happy my dad is so cool)
If I would choose between a New 3DS XL and a Switch OLED, I would go for the 3DS. You have more variety of games on there, easy to mod without physical modifications and it costs less than an OLED. I'm not too fond of Nintendo pushing out the same revisions of the Switch with slight tweaks.

• Wow
Reactions: BigOnYa and DTApple

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe your choice is purely because of the menu. 3DS has..... tiles. Switch has..... tiles. But seriously. How much time are you spending in the menus? "DAMN IT!!! Why can't I see a theme when I go to backup my save?!?!?!?! No soul!!!!" Like I said, you may not like it and that's perfectly fine. You're just making too much of a deal about it, imo.
lmao thats not even why the choice i made is what im making, the 3ds is just a better console, better size, better games, better EVERYTHING
Post automatically merged:

If I would choose between a New 3DS XL and a Switch OLED, I would go for the 3DS. You have more variety of games on there, easy to mod without physical modifications and it costs less than an OLED. I'm not too fond of Nintendo pushing out the same revisions of the Switch with slight tweaks.
plus (up until april) you get free online play

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah, i feel like they could have kept the servers up but nintendo wants money
Pretendo barely has fully completed development of their services as of yet, a couple or so games are still being worked on.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's just people that never used the OG Xbox or the Gamecube. They were as soul less as the Switch is.
Disagree. The GameCube didn't have much of an OS, but what it did have was very uniquely GameCube. I think everybody (me included) thought the BIOS menu was super cool back then. Same thing with the boot logo. It definitely had its own identity. I always liked it better than the PS2 BIOS menu or boot logo.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Disagree. The GameCube didn't have much of an OS, but what it did have was very uniquely GameCube. I think everybody (me included) thought the BIOS menu was super cool back then. Same thing with the boot logo. It definitely had its own identity. I always liked it better than the PS2 BIOS menu or boot logo.
Still as "soulless" as the Switch imho. It was just a fancy little menu, nothing special at all. But to each their own.

But with modchips for them, then you could start talking fancy

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not too fond of Nintendo pushing out the same revisions of the Switch with slight tweaks.

You mean like DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, 2DS XL?

lmao thats not even why the choice i made is what im making, the 3ds is just a better console, better size, better games, better EVERYTHING

You're moving your goal posts. You literally said you would pick the 3DS because..... menu matters. And when I asked if you've tried playing games on the Switch you clearly stated that games aren't what you're even talking about. Now you changed it to games, size, everything? Haha. Anyway, better size I will 100% personally disagree with due do my eyesight but I don't think I'm in the minority in choosing the larger screen. Better games? Hmmm. Not so sure I would say that the games are necessarily "better", but I would absolutely agree that the 3DS has a much larger library of good games. It's all subjective. I'm not saying you are wrong. Just offering my own opinion. Choices, choices. :)

Gon Freecss

Mumble > Discord
Trophies
Website
signal.org
XP
Country
Venezuela
Sometimes I like just staying in the menus. The Wii U menu felt cozy, 3DS felt sleek and cool, PS2 felt mysterious, and Wii felt like a TV.

The switch has no charm whatsoever. I really don't care if a menu's only purpose is just to "launch games", that doesn't excuse not putting in any effort into making a menu that has charm.
Even the Game Cube had some nice mysterious BGM. Since Mr. Iwata (RIP) passed away Nintendo hasn't been the same.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean like DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, 2DS XL?

You're moving your goal posts. You literally said you would pick the 3DS because..... menu matters. And when I asked if you've tried playing games on the Switch you clearly stated that games aren't what you're even talking about. Now you changed it to games, size, everything? Haha. Anyway, better size I will 100% personally disagree with due do my eyesight but I don't think I'm in the minority in choosing the larger screen. Better games? Hmmm. Not so sure I would say that the games are necessarily "better", but I would absolutely agree that the 3DS has a much larger library of good games. It's all subjective. I'm not saying you are wrong. Just offering my own opinion. Choices, choices. :)
Fair Enough

Reactions: RedColoredStars

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even the Game Cube had some nice mysterious BGM. Since Mr. Iwata (RIP) passed away Nintendo hasn't been the same.
Mysterious? Its the Famicom Disk System boot-up music slowed down.

Haha. Anyway, better size I will 100% personally disagree with due do my eyesight but I don't think I'm in the minority in choosing the larger screen. Better games? Hmmm. Not so sure I would say that the games are necessarily "better", but I would absolutely agree that the 3DS has a much larger library of good games. It's all subjective. I'm not saying you are wrong. Just offering my own opinion. Choices, choices. :)
That's fair. Doesn't really matter which model has the best advantages, choose one which is comfortable and suitable for your needs.

• Wow
Reactions: Gon Freecss

SMNFXCN

fox-raccoon hybrid
Trophies
Website
simonfoxcoon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
yknow when the console was like 2-4 years old sure but now it's like 7 years old
i've stopped caring ngl but i still don't really like it
like how it took ninty like what? 5 years to add bluetooth?
even so it'd be nice if the menus/animations were more reactive, because it kinda just reminds me of material design 2 or mid-2010s android and looks quite mid
i think, even a basic pattern, or simple palette change would be decent.
i think the official reasoning was that it would have made the switch less responsive, but from experience many themes don't drag down performance or load times *that much*
if they're so concerned about that they should have seen the 3ds when you put a 32gb/64gb sd card in

compared to other menus, yeah they were iconic.
although i never found warawara plaza on wii u to be good. it was just kind of there. i don't like it.
wii and gc were peak.
ps4 main menu was quite mid outside of the nice themes you could purchase on the store
ps3 xmb was great on stock and with a theme.
xbox original was pretty cool
xbox 360? xbox one? series s/x mid

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has Mario and that is enough ( for now ). How is PS5 menu better than Switch?

Disney no longer owns Mickey Mouse, will they live?

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
The switch feels so corporate, no music, barely any sound, mii maker is hidden away. The menu is bland as hell, no themes no nothing. It just feels like it has no soul at all when u compare it to something like the 3ds. Nintendo could have done so much better with their console and they decided to make something so bland.
You must love the Wii U and its time wasting UI.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The switch feels so corporate, no music, barely any sound, mii maker is hidden away. The menu is bland as hell, no themes no nothing. It just feels like it has no soul at all when u compare it to something like the 3ds. Nintendo could have done so much better with their console and they decided to make something so bland.
Came here for the hot take. Stayed for Tomoko Kuroki

I agree with this only on the UI. Compared to the Gamecube, 3DS, Wii, and Wii U..the switch feels very corporate and sterilized..not "fun"..It's a shame that we did not get the "cover art" UI from the leaked alpha OS build.

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,
Reactions: Bunjolio

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4