The Steam Summer Sale 2019 has begun

6f8X9f6.png

Ready to throw tons of money at your monitor? Because yes indeed, it's that time again; the annual Steam Summer Sale has arrived. Starting today and running until July 9th, PC game prices will be slashed, as is tradition. There's some good deals if you've been waiting for a specific game: Yakuza 0 is $9.99, Valkyria Chronicles 4 will only set you back $20.39, and this year's major hit, Devil May Cry V is already down to $39.59. There also appears to be a theme to this year's event, as usual, with "Steam Grand Prix" being the motif, likely offering trading cards and emoticons. Go check Steam's homepage to see what's for sale, or at least, if you can manage to load the site during the initial rush.

If your wallet happens to fall victim to the Summer Sale, let us know what you got!

:arrow: Source

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Meh from me as usual.

Will probably pick up a few smaller titles, but again another steam sale, where the big games have already been cheaper elsewhere. DMC V is on sale for £29.99, deluxe is not much more on other stores and standard is £20. Sekiro sale price is £40 :rofl2:, been £35 elsewhere for months.

I miss when Steam sales were actually worth waiting for. These days unless it's something thats only sold directly through steam, chances are it's been cheaper elsewhere.

KyleHyde

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
nice but a bit confused of how this works xD
It works more or less the same as some of the past Steam events.
You join the event and select a team to join, try to score points by doing various activities each day (ie. buying games, playing specific games, etc.), and obtain event-themed items for use on Steam itself (ie. emoji, profile backgrounds, cards to craft a badge, etc.). At the end of the event (or in this case, after every daily race), randomly selected members of the top 3 teams will earn some free games from their own steam wish list.

Granted, I've skimmed through the details, so there's probably more to it than just that.

Reactions: Sliter

JFizDaWiz

Trophies
Website
www.geocities.ws
XP
Country
United States
Where are the memes!? THAT'S THE BEST PART OF SUMMER SALES! :creep:

below seems to be this years meme

I used to buy heaps of cheap games from GOG on sale, but stopped because I didn't actually play most of them. Think before you buy everyone, if you buy a $20 game discounted to $5, you have not saved $15, you have spent $5.

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's all very tempting, but buying from Steam at this point would ruin my account record of $0 spent directly to Steam. Hard to decide if it's worth it. Then again, Blaster Master Zero is finally on PC. I do hope they release BMZ2 on PC soon as well.

As far as memes go, they totally wasted it for the teams. They should have had Fox, Falcon, Frog, Hare, and Wolf. Then the grand prix could involved doing barrel rolls.

Reactions: orangy57

Berkiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can confirm Steam was awfully laggy, "bought" FFXV, paypal went through but Steam froze at the "working" step, I've mailed support, no idea how this'll go but so far no FFXV in my Library.

warweeny

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is the fabled steam sales?

These are far inferior to what sony had.
There are like, what, only 30 games on sale? lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la