Hacking The status of Gateway and A9LH

VeryCrushed

Devious Prorammer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one should really be complaining considering almost all of you shouldn't even be able to have access to these files. It just happened to leak.

The purpose of alpha and beta tests are to fix things like this before they actually get in our hands.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cearp

SpencerlyEverly

Spencer Everly
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
He just used an unbricked emunand he's generated in the past rather than the bricked one GW would usually put on.
That's right. I installed A9LH since February, before OTPHelper released. Come to think of it, I do have an theory to switch from Gateway, to Luma, and back to Gateway.

First, I dump my NAND that has Gateway A9LH in it by going to SysNAND mode and running Cubic Ninja (Since I installed A9LH with 9.0 sysNAND on it). Then I'll run the Homebrew Launcher and launch Decrypt9. Then I'll dump the SysNAND, and flash my Luma3DS launching NAND.bin back. If it goes well, I can launch Luma3DS again.

If I wanna switch to Gateway, I flash my Gateway A9LH SysNAND to NAND. If I wanna switch to Luma, I'll do what's on top. Unless there is a way to use BOTH at the same time, then this will have to do.

I haven't done this process yet and to see if it works or not. I'll do it tomorrow. It's 9:08 PM in my time zone right now, anyway.

Just like LupinIII from Maxconsole said:

I've got one nasty bug to report. NAND restore DOESN'T WORK (on Gateway Menu).

Last edited by SpencerlyEverly, , Reason: Added a quote

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's right. I installed A9LH since February, before OTPHelper released. Come to think of it, I do have an theory to switch from Gateway, to Luma, and back to Gateway.

First, I dump my NAND that has Gateway A9LH in it by going to SysNAND mode and running Cubic Ninja (Since I installed A9LH with 9.0 sysNAND on it). Then I'll run the Homebrew Launcher and launch Decrypt9. Then I'll dump the SysNAND, and flash my Luma3DS launching NAND.bin back. If it goes well, I can launch Luma3DS again.

If I wanna switch to Gateway, I flash my Gateway A9LH SysNAND to NAND. If I wanna switch to Luma, I'll do what's on top. Unless there is a way to use BOTH at the same time, then this will have to do.

I haven't done this process yet and to see if it works or not. I'll do it tomorrow. It's 9:08 PM in my time zone right now, anyway.

Just like LupinIII from Maxconsole said:
The NAND thing was in the OP already.

dyingyam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The purpose of alpha and beta tests are to fix things like this before they actually get in our hands.

To fix bugs, bugs which may not be found in internal testing. This is beyond that. It just actually doesn't work on an entire platform. This shows that they didn't even try to run it on a N3DS before sending it out to beta testers. Jesus, you have to actually make it sure it works before giving it to people to test. There's no point otherwise. N3DS users can't report useful feedback because it just plainly doesn't work, so all they can say is, "it bricks".

Reactions: Townsperson

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
To fix bugs, bugs which may not be found in internal testing. This is beyond that. It just actually doesn't work on an entire platform. This shows that they didn't even try to run it on a N3DS before sending it out to beta testers. Jesus, you have to actually make it sure it works before giving it to people to test. There's no point otherwise. N3DS users can't report useful feedback because it just plainly doesn't work, so all they can say is, "it bricks".
You're not the first one who said this, so move along now. If you don't like it, don't use it, no one is forcing you to. Sell your Gateway if you have one. Just get over it.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Launcher.dat 371 works as well, did you try?

Well, I got the A9LH installer built. Worked. Unfortunately, all I'm getting when I hold B is a red screen, and then it shuts off.

Just to make sure I have this right. You copy 0B800000 to 0B8024EF from GW NAND.bin. And 0B400000 is where you paste it in your SysNAND.bin (after you restore SysNAND_original.bin, install DS A9LH, restore original SysNAND using "keep A9LH" then dump your new SysNAND.bin). Then you just do a forced restore on your modified SysNAND.bin. It should be working, but its not. Can anyone upload the Stage0x5C000.bin file? Maybe my GW NAND dump is corrupt or something.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not the first one who said this, so move along now. If you don't like it, don't use it, no one is forcing you to. Sell your Gateway if you have one. Just get over it.

Well, I feel it's only fair that someone gets to bring this up every time someone parrots the "This is what alpha/beta tests are for. Go Gateway!" line.

Equal representation and all that.

Last edited by Townsperson,
Reactions: cearp

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I feel it's only fair that someone gets to bring this up every time someone parrots the "This is what alpha/beta tests are for. Go Gateway!" line.

Equal representation and all.
All the same, if you don't like the beta, don't use it and move one. Sell, donate, steamroll Gateway and cry self to sleep.

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
email.PNG
I e-mailed the GW Team. Here's to hoping they get their act together.

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the same, if you don't like the beta, don't use it and move one. Sell, donate, steamroll Gateway and cry self to sleep.

That literally had zero to do with what I just posted...

I'm just saying if someone is allowed to praise the "testing" in this thread, it's only right that someone can call it out for not being acceptable. If the former isn't off topic, neither is the latter.

Last edited by Townsperson,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I do hope the tool gets better ... this sort of reminds me of Netflix vs just downloading what you want to watch. The latter has many inconveniences like using up hard drive space, sometimes getting Nvidia protected ones where the sound cuts off just when it gets exciting, getting low quality ones or ones that are too high quality and waste needless download/space, having to spend time searching for what you need ... Etc. $10/month is worth it for me for the convenience of being able to watch when I want with no hassle or planning. But what if Netflix randomly had 2/3 of its files failed, if you had to tell it what you wanted to watch a day before you could watch it, etc etc and ended up being less convenient than downloading stuff. Would you really pay $10/month for something worse? Probably not. For your money you expect something polished, professional, and convenient.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
It's also possibly they unintentionally broke something that previously when compiling it. I've done that before several times. In Gateway's case it's a private beta.

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That literally had zero to do with what I just posted...

I'm just saying if someone is allowed to praise the "testing" in this thread, it's only right that someone can call it out for not being acceptable. If the former isn't off topic, neither is the latter.
No one is allowed to do either of those things. I've made several posts speaking that this thread is not for making nice remarks or complaints. It's solely for finding the bugs in the alpha and reporting them. It's also acceptable to contribute to self betterment of the alpha, like the method that @liomajor has created to get Gateway running alongside other A9 payloads.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I must be missing something. Tried it with the uploaded stage2 payload just to see if there was something wrong with mine. Still not working. Holding B is clearly trying to run the payload. But it just gives me a red screen and shuts off. Any ideas, @liomajor?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually gateways Old Brick Code encrypts EMMC which prevents normal hard mods fro unbricking the Device you have to use a raspberyy PI etc to get low level formatting to do it
We aren't talking about old brick code. We're talking about the current a9lh alpha. It doesn't do that.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 50576
I e-mailed the GW Team. Here's to hoping they get their act together.
Post a video. Flash carts DO NOT work in sysnand or emunand. Not even in classic mode. All my flash carts work in all other CFW and stock 3ds FW as well, so I know there is nothing wrong with my carts.

And... everyone talks about 100% brick rate on N3DS. I get 100% brick rate on my O3DS. I just manually did the downgrade because I got tired of reflashing my nand...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii