The Sly Cooper Movie

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking forward to this.

If it's good, well, we have a good film. If it's bad, I can call it "Sly Pooper" and post this over and over.

It's a win-win, really.

My news thread

The Sly Cooper franchise first began on the PS2, and since then it's become... well, I wouldn't say a staple of the Playstation brand, but it has a nice little fanbase. They're games about a raccoon that steals things for a living, like some sort of professional thing-stealer.

If there's a word for that, I just can't think of it.

Anyway, the franchise has been somewhat dormant, with a long gap between the third and forth games that stretched across console generations. Don't worry, Sly Cooper fan(s); Sony's got a plan.

Based on one of PlayStation’s most beloved franchises [citation needed], Sly Cooper is a kinetic and comedic heist film that tells the story of Sly Cooper, an orphaned raccoon thief, and the adventures of his childhood friends and partners in crime, Bentley Turtle and Murray Hippo. In the film, Sly learns that he comes from a long line of talented, international thieves, and is catapulted into a global adventure. Sly races to reassemble pieces of an ancient book holding the Cooper clan’s family secrets before it can fall into the hands of Clockwerk — an evil metallic owl bent on ending the Cooper family line.

...The Sly Cooper release is slated for 2016. The film will also be released in 3D for those who want to feel like they’re in the actual Sly Cooper world.
:arrow:Playstation Blog

This is the second Sony franchise getting the big picture treatment, the first being Ratchet & Clank, which is still set for 2015. Jak and Daxter receive no love, of course, because this is an unjust world in a cold, uncaring universe.

So yeah. To be fair, I think this is the sort of thing that could work well on the big screen, and if the movie does well, there's talks of an animated series coming up next. So that's nice.

If it's good, great. If it's bad, also great; I'll have an excuse to use this gif nonstop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill