esoterica

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
So, this is a game I have been anticipating for some time, and I hear that it will come with a securom. I know it's bad for your computer and a lot of people are pissed off about it. I'm just wondering, if I were to wait for a rip of the game, will it come without the securom? Or is the game even worth buying when it has this on it??

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know it's a bit off-topic, but everything I've seen on this game indicates it's barely a step forward from the Sims 2, it looks pretty much identical, right down to the graphics.
Am I missing something major or is it really not much of an update?

BiscuitCookie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it seems that the characters of the sims in the sims 3 are even more customisable and you can just go from neighbour to neighbour without going to the village view mode
and you can follow your sims to school/work
I don't know any more

esoterica

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
There's a crack that exists that removes the securom? Honestly, Sims 3 doesn't seem like THAT much different, but I've always loved the game and I'm sure I can still kill some time on it just messing around.

Alerek

Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
My GF is all about the sims, and the big difference in the games from what I understand is that 3 will have a completly open world, much like an MMO, and everyone in a town will all go about their business all at the same time, as opposed to only seeing growth in the one family of people you're currently playing in the sims 2.

That and a ton of new character personality customization are the big new dealies.

esoterica

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I think if you enjoyed Sims 2, you will find something new in this one to keep you entertained for a while. I actually like the building/designing modes a lot. It's comforting to me. but I am worried about the securom, so hopefully the patch to remove it works.

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Given the track record of all other EA games to date i'm going to say, yes with 5 activations.

Unless EA decide to put it on steam then its DRM free.

With regards to "patches" aka cracks (because thats what they are). You'd need to find a pirated release and strip the crack from it, you'll often be well behind with the patches as it usually takes a few weeks for crackers to catch up thats if they even bother. Also these patches don't prevent the installation of securom, they just bypass the games activation, it will still be on your system.

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is a Securom Removal tool, so dont worry about it too much. The crack will prevent it from using the Securom, so (hopefully) if all goes well it wont rely on SecuRom at all, and therefore wont need to remain on your system. It all depends on the cracks released.

But after all, its Sims 3, its gonna get hacked to bits. Ive intstalled quite a few SecuRom games, just cracked em and its all good. Its not that hard to disable/remove SecuRom

esoterica

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't a Securom reapply itself when the program is ran again? So whats better... buying it and removing it or downloading a cracked version? Ok... well you don't really have to say. Do people usually keep up with the patches??

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, SecuRom re applies it self on load. But yeah, thats why pirated versions work so much better in this case. It doesnt take em long to make cracks for the patches, just make sure you keep your original .exe

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trolly said:
QUOTE said:
steam is practically DRM itself
Yeah, Steam have already said themselves it is DRM, but it's DRM that shouldn't harm you in any way as opposed to EA's DRM.

Exactly, Steams DRM is as simple as owning the account.

Unlike EA's where all it takes a is a simple program securom doesn't like and bam you end up with mystical issues. Not to mention this whole 5 time limited activation crap. Or if someone is unlucky and buys off EADM the additional charge they have to pay to redownload after 6 months which gives them 2 more years worth of time. Thats before you touch on all the issues which EADM has in its own right.

You can't remove securom, if you use the securom removal tool (which doesnt 100% remove it) while you have a game which uses securom (doesn't matter if you cracked it or not) the game won't run.

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pretty much, unless you grab the steam copy which doesn't use it at all.

If you REALLY want the sims 3 its probably best to just bite the bullet and buy it, just don't buy it from EADM/EA Store so you don't get ripped off. Cracking it just saves you from activation trouble.

Hillsy_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Buy it, Securom isn't like Starforce. I have plenty of Securom games. You are also supporting the development of other Sims games too.

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hillsy_ said:
Buy it, Securom isn't like Starforce. I have plenty of Securom games. You are also supporting the development of other Sims games too.
Securom has a very high chance of preventing you from being able to use your CD burner. Happened to my friend for installing spore. I really hope there is a securom free steam port

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hillsy_ said:

Securom of the past is far different from the securom being used now. I don't know about you but i've never had to fuss about with activations on games which used securom prior mass effect/bioshock.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night