Homebrew Homebrew game The Simpsons Hit & Run

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
How can I change the games language to German text and audio pls help me what do I need to do which folders/files I need to replace etc
https://github.com/ZenoArrows/The-Simpsons-Hit-and-Run#multi-language-support

Screenshot_2023-11-13-12-15-44-735_org.mozilla.firefox-edit.jpg

Reactions: BigOnYa

xFr0z3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
google "simpsons hit run german patch"...

(This patch changes the English version to the German version.)
I did it I installed it in the same directory where the English ver was but when I started it it was still eng language ?? What files do I need to replace which rcf files can you dm and help pls I wanna play in German can’t get it to work
Post automatically merged:

google "simpsons hit run german patch"...

(This patch changes the English version to the German version.)
Nevermind I see the German patch just creates a art folder and an dialogg file with 2 “gg” I didn’t see it renamed it back to dialog and replaced it the sound now works and replacing the art folder wil probably make the ui in German thanks

Last edited by xFr0z3n,

xFr0z3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I did it I installed it in the same directory where the English ver was but when I started it it was still eng language ?? What files do I need to replace which rcf files can you dm and help pls I wanna play in German can’t get it to work
Post automatically merged:

Nevermind I see the German patch just creates a art folder and an dialogg file with 2 “gg” I didn’t see it renamed it back to dialog and replaced it the sound now works and replacing the art folder wil probably make the ui in German thanks
Update: the dialog works as I said but the ui stays English even doe I replaced it with the German patch also my console is set on German any suggestions

draftguy123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The german patch worked for me, no need to copy or rename any files or folders.
The dialog and UI is now in german.

Using the ports PAL version...

Attachments

• 2023111423432700-170E1B.jpg
    2023111423432700-170E1B.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: impeeza

draftguy123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you help me I don’t know how to install it properly only the dialog is german the ui isn’t
Try to extract the patch into an empty directory, e.g. C:/test.
Then copy all files and folders from this folder into the games directory
overwritting all files.
Finally extract SimpsonsPAL.zip into the games directory.

If the game is already on your switch just copy the files from the test
directory to your SD again…

And the dialogg means dialogg(erman), don‘t change the file name
maybe this causes the issue you have.

Last edited by draftguy123,

BeauJesseau

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am getting only black screen when launching .nro. I had to put it individually in the switch folder. But the entire "simpsons" folder is in there too. But never moves past black screen.

ZenosElea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
Added a new version with support for the original cutscene files without conversions. You'll need to copy over the movies again to make sure cutscenes continue to work.

It also adds the much-request invert camera option to the in-game settings menu. Remember to copy over the "art" folder from the new release to make sure the game doesn't bug out because of missing options in the UI.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Added a new version with support for the original cutscene files without conversions. You'll need to copy over the movies again to make sure cutscenes continue to work.

It also adds the much-request invert camera option to the in-game settings menu. Remember to copy over the "art" folder from the new release to make sure the game doesn't bug out because of missing options in the UI.
Thank you so much!

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan

So nice!.. Now please fix the cracking audio after the sleep mode, and it will be glorious port ever! ❤️❤️❤️

Reactions: impeeza and BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo